Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Tikka masala craving

Tikka masala craving

Old Nov 22nd 2008, 7:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Stu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of light
Default Tikka masala craving

This is Louise Stu's wife. I'm 4 months pregnant and have a huge craving for a chicken tikka masala. We tried one a few weeks back but it was really disappointing. I could of made better myself.
We used to have a lot of indian takeaways back in the UK and i miss the red tikka masala that they did. Does anyone know if there is an equivelant to this in Wollongong. My craving needs sorting!!!
Old Nov 22nd 2008, 8:15 am
Forum Regular

mysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Tikka masala craving

I have found the only way of getting a decent one is to make it yourself - I can send you a good recipe if you want!
Old Nov 22nd 2008, 9:00 am
BE Forum Addict

framac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mysnix View Post
I have found the only way of getting a decent one is to make it yourself - I can send you a good recipe if you want!
Me too. Go for it and I'll be in your debt forever.
Old Nov 22nd 2008, 9:10 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Stu Ward View Post
This is Louise Stu's wife. I'm 4 months pregnant and have a huge craving for a chicken tikka masala. We tried one a few weeks back but it was really disappointing. I could of made better myself.
We used to have a lot of indian takeaways back in the UK and i miss the red tikka masala that they did. Does anyone know if there is an equivelant to this in Wollongong. My craving needs sorting!!!
Its not Wollongong but its not too far... The Tandoori Junction in Shellharbour Village. Chicken Tikka Masala is $14.90. Phone No 4295 3300
Old Nov 22nd 2008, 1:26 pm
Just Joined

Scozzie is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Louise

Have you tried Ghedias - I think it is on the corner of Market St and Corrimal, that area of town anyway. The owner, Vinod, spent a lot of time in Edinburgh and Glasgow (if I remember correctly, his family own curry houses in Glasgow and he did his 'training' in Edinburgh) and I'm sure he would be able to rustle up a red tikka masala for you. It was by far the best curry I had while living in Australia.
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 1:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Congratualtions on your baby news

If you do go for a tikka masala, just be careful you know what's going in it. http://www.independent.co.uk/life-st...or-567453.html