Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Ticket booked, brisbane in eight weeks any advice

Ticket booked, brisbane in eight weeks any advice

Old Mar 15th 2010, 7:30 pm
Forum Regular

Carl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really nice
Default Ticket booked, brisbane in eight weeks any advice

Hello all

I have booked my ticket, May 11th eight weeks time. going to brisbane redcliffe area or deception bay any advice or information would be greatfully recieved.
thanks in advance and see you all soon.
Old Mar 15th 2010, 10:12 pm
Top Dog

sniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to all
Default Re: Ticket booked, brisbane in eight weeks any advice

Good stuff - one way? permanent?! Fab!
Old Mar 15th 2010, 10:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Carl England
Hello all

I have booked my ticket, May 11th eight weeks time. going to brisbane redcliffe area or deception bay any advice or information would be greatfully recieved.
My bit of advice would be to be avoid Deception Bay! And be choosy about where in Redcliffe you live, some parts are lovely, others not so much...
Old Mar 15th 2010, 10:53 pm
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

Hello all

I would look at scarborough first, specifically places that are within 2 or 3 mins walk of this beach. If you're going to live in a suburb next to the sea, then you really want to make the most of it, you don't want to be 20mins walk from the water.

Then redcliffe I would look around woody point (near the belvedere hotel ) or perhaps somewhere near Maine road, that leads down to the waterfront.

I would give Deception bay a miss, just my opinion though.

I'm assuming that you have selected those 3 suburbs because they are fairly cheap and near the sea? If that is the case, just remember that places are usually cheap for a reason.
Old Mar 15th 2010, 10:55 pm
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Louiseh86
And be choosy about where in Redcliffe you live, some parts are lovely, others not so much...
exactly right... spend a bit of time driving around these suburbs before deciding where to live ! some parts are nice and some are.... not so great.
Old Mar 16th 2010, 2:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by asprilla
I would look at scarborough first, specifically places that are within 2 or 3 mins walk of this beach. If you're going to live in a suburb next to the sea, then you really want to make the most of it, you don't want to be 20mins walk from the water.

Then redcliffe I would look around woody point (near the belvedere hotel ) or perhaps somewhere near Maine road, that leads down to the waterfront.

I would give Deception bay a miss, just my opinion though.

I'm assuming that you have selected those 3 suburbs because they are fairly cheap and near the sea? If that is the case, just remember that places are usually cheap for a reason.

Woody point is great. We had a house there for a while. The new bridge across is due to open this year, by next year it will be 6 lanes Still cheap down there, waterfront stuff is a fraction of the price of the coasts yet closer to brisbane. One of the reasons its cheap is the 3 lane bridge is not big enough for peak traffic, but as I said 6 lanes by mid 2011.
Old Mar 16th 2010, 5:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Wendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of light

Hello all

Enjoy it, don't get stressed......... everything will fit into place
Old Mar 16th 2010, 6:16 am
BE Enthusiast

James516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud of

Hello all

You're a northerner, so North Lakes beckons
Old Mar 16th 2010, 6:22 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Bring a jumper, it is starting to get cooler already.

Hello all

Old Mar 16th 2010, 6:59 am
Forum Regular

rodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Louiseh86
My bit of advice would be to be avoid Deception Bay! And be choosy about where in Redcliffe you live, some parts are lovely, others not so much...
I would certainly not rule out deception bay that area is marked for massive growth in the next few years its going to be a hotbed (area tipped to increase rapid in value)
if I had a spare 350k I would buy an investment property there
saying that the marina that there going to build there has been shelved till 2012
Old Mar 16th 2010, 8:21 am
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rodandhayley
I would certainly not rule out deception bay that area is marked for massive growth in the next few years its going to be a hotbed (area tipped to increase rapid in value)
if I had a spare 350k I would buy an investment property there
saying that the marina that there going to build there has been shelved till 2012
Personally, I wouldn't want to live there!
Old Mar 19th 2010, 7:06 am
Forum Regular

Carl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really nice

thanks for all the posts, can i ask why deception bay seems so bad a place to live?
Old Mar 19th 2010, 9:18 am
BE Enthusiast

James516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud of

Full of poms
Old Mar 19th 2010, 9:28 am
Account Open

thanks for all the posts, can i ask why deception bay seems so bad a place to live?
have a wander around the streets on google streetview.

have a browse through the qld police media releases.

have a look at deception bay state high school at www.myschool.edu.au* at the school results and demographic profile.

* of course, you have to bear in mind that there are lots of australians who think that the myschool website is extremely "unfair" and they strongly oppose the idea of ranking pupil's exam results. But I'm not sure why they feel that way.

edit - basically every country, every town around the world, has good parts and bad parts. When it comes to south east qld, deception bay is one of the bad parts along with inala, beenleigh / logan, morayfield, kallangur etc... and others.

The dodgy suburbs are the cheapest ones - it's the same the world over.

Last edited by asprilla; Mar 19th 2010 at 9:33 am.
Old Mar 20th 2010, 8:45 am
Living our life wherever

Location: came back to oz after moving back to uk but not settled here so uk here i come, last time im moving
Trevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of light

If you want to live on benefits and have loads of kids that dont want to work then deception bay is the place, but saying that it is trying to get rid of its stigma
With regards to north lakes, it is over run with english and hoons that drive fast and dangerous, it does have a problem with gangs of kids doing naughty things at night.
My advice is arrive in Australia and stay in hotel for a week or two and have a good look around
Rents are on the up so dont be supprised to pay any where from $320 to $450 a week for a three bed low set home depending on area

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.