Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Tiawamutu's House Build

Tiawamutu's House Build

Old Dec 28th 2007, 4:40 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tiawamutu's House Build

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
Lovely.......but......erm...won't these plants be a bit stressed being moved at this time of the year? They are going to need lots of love and attention.....wish I could help you!!
Plants seem fine, and are growing well (even after the 43+ heat we had the last few days! )

I have even added a few of my own (well my dad did, bless him) and they are coming on leaps and bounds since being planted out

Got my watering permit, and have just mastered the art of the new sprinkler (reticulation) system which is great for watering the plants, and me when the weather gets too hot!
Old Dec 28th 2007, 4:44 pm

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tracey O
Congratulations Tia. I bet you are sooo pleased to be finally in.

We managed to get a 6 month rental in Butler, but still spend alot of time at the Ocean Keys. Would be lovely to meet you for a coffee/drink in the New Year.

Have a lovely Christmas. If I remember rightly you have your parents over for the festive season, be sure to have a great one.

xx
Glad you found somewhere Just the next suburb up from us.

Would love to meet up.

Will try and PM you soon
Old Dec 28th 2007, 5:35 pm
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu
...Have loads of pics to upload, but need a program to shrink them down! (better late than never I suppose ) can anyone recommend a good one, which is easy to use?...
IrfanView

Old Dec 28th 2007, 7:57 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

I'm back!

Have loads of pics to upload, but need a program to shrink them down! (better late than never I suppose ) can anyone recommend a good one, which is easy to use?

Will have to see where I was up to with the progress report, then start sorting pics etc.
I will PM you with Oscar's Jpeg reduction prog: freeware, nice little utility , self evident to use and shrinks pictures to whatever size/ quality you want. The ones I put on here are reduced from around 3.5MB to around 2 - 3k.

EDIT: Oh, B****r - there's no way to send attachments in PMs! if you PM me I'll send it to your email address.

Last edited by Wol; Dec 28th 2007 at 8:04 pm.
Old Dec 29th 2007, 2:08 am

Originally Posted by Wol
I will PM you with Oscar's Jpeg reduction prog: freeware, nice little utility , self evident to use and shrinks pictures to whatever size/ quality you want. The ones I put on here are reduced from around 3.5MB to around 2 - 3k.

EDIT: Oh, B****r - there's no way to send attachments in PMs! if you PM me I'll send it to your email address.
Thanks Wol. Have found it on the net @

http://www.snapfiles.com/get/oscarthumb.html

Will have a go and see what I can do
Old Dec 29th 2007, 2:08 am

Originally Posted by DrWho
Thanks Dr
Old Dec 31st 2007, 1:45 am

Managed to use one of the programmes to downsize the pics. Hope they aren't too small now

At long last here are some pictures of some of the finishing touches to the house.

To start with there are some before and after pictures of the landscaping.

We realised as they were doing it, that the layout wasn't exactly how we had wanted it. We had changed it a few weeks ago, so that we had more grass/less plants, but they'd used the original plans. and when we queried it, they said they could not change it :curse: No wonder they had loads of turf left!

My dad did lay 2 extra patches of grass near the washing line and laundry doors. Suppose we can always change later if it doesn't grow on us (no pun intended )

More pics will come later when I take them
Attached Thumbnails Tiawamutu's House Build-mam-dad-pics-093.jpg   Tiawamutu's House Build-mam-dad-pics-1019.jpg   Tiawamutu's House Build-mam-dad-pics-113.jpg   Tiawamutu's House Build-mam-dad-pics-1022.jpg  
Old Dec 31st 2007, 1:59 am

...and some more
Attached Thumbnails Tiawamutu's House Build-picture-309.jpg   Tiawamutu's House Build-mam-dad-pics-1034.jpg   Tiawamutu's House Build-03.11.07-001.jpg   Tiawamutu's House Build-mam-dad-pics-1024.jpg  
Old Dec 31st 2007, 8:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Plants seem fine, and are growing well (even after the 43+ heat we had the last few days! )

I have even added a few of my own (well my dad did, bless him) and they are coming on leaps and bounds since being planted out

Got my watering permit, and have just mastered the art of the new sprinkler (reticulation) system which is great for watering the plants, and me when the weather gets too hot!
Excellent news!

and the pics look fab
Old Dec 31st 2007, 8:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Looking good T!

I bet you can't believe you are in your own home at last.
Old Dec 31st 2007, 8:40 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Looking fantastic and ta so much for reducibg the piccies
Old Dec 31st 2007, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Looking good T!

I bet you can't believe you are in your own home at last.
I can't!

....and it's even harder to believe it's still not totally finished

Luckily only minor things still to do
Old Dec 31st 2007, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by biggy
Looking fantastic and ta so much for reducibg the piccies
It was quite easy actually.....wish I'd done it for the other 200+ photos
Old Dec 31st 2007, 9:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

I can't!

....and it's even harder to believe it's still not totally finished

Luckily only minor things still to do
Things you want to do or things the builders haven't finished??
Old Jan 1st 2008, 6:33 am
The Brains

ray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to all

...and some more
It's looking really great. Was landscaping part of your package or did you have to arrange that seperately?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.