Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Tiawamutu's House Build

Tiawamutu's House Build

Old Apr 8th 2007, 9:26 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tiawamutu's House Build

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu
Yeh, we move into our rental there on Wednesday
Pity you couldnt do a morning and night still each day from the same spot. Then view it at the end of the build, like they do on Grand Designs.

Good luck by the way
Old Apr 8th 2007, 9:30 am
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

I do have a spot that is a good place to stand, so I'll try and do that. Now that we are going to be living very near to the plot, it should be easier to do.

Thanks
Old Apr 8th 2007, 1:36 pm
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by youngy73
not really.i actually genuinely interested as to what smart wiring was as ive never heard of it before. the website didnt really provide me with that much info. i had made an assumption that it was like cbus but it seems not to be the case. as with anything like this there are still wires. the wireless stuff is a comprimise in many cases. i was also reading this thread with interest as australia is a vast place and homes are constructed in many different ways depending on location.
fair enough
i suppose it depends on what you class as 'wireless' - everything is going to have wires to a greater or lesser extent.

houses are not just constructed differently depending on location - it also depends on which builder you use!

Tiggs
Old Apr 8th 2007, 6:19 pm

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
fair enough
i suppose it depends on what you class as 'wireless' - everything is going to have wires to a greater or lesser extent.

houses are not just constructed differently depending on location - it also depends on which builder you use!

Tiggs
Yeah, some do it on the cheap.

The brand new one we are renting was built by one of the cheaper ones (or so I have been told)
Old Apr 9th 2007, 5:49 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

I do have a spot that is a good place to stand, so I'll try and do that. Now that we are going to be living very near to the plot, it should be easier to do.

Thanks
Last time we did a house build it was "6 months in a leaky boat (caravan)" on the fringes of "Ti Rau".
Old Apr 9th 2007, 9:05 am

Originally Posted by Geelong Gent
Last time we did a house build it was "6 months in a leaky boat (caravan)" on the fringes of "Ti Rau".
Do you like Split Enz by any chance?

Where is Ti Rau? anywhere near Te Awamutu?
Old Apr 9th 2007, 9:21 am
Has left the building

Do you like Split Enz by any chance?

Where is Ti Rau? anywhere near Te Awamutu?
Yes all Kiwi boys do (along with hunters and collectors)

From Te Awamutu draw a straight line to Te Puke. Ti Rau is just north of Rotorua on that horizontal line.
Old Apr 9th 2007, 11:00 am

Yes all Kiwi boys do (along with hunters and collectors)

From Te Awamutu draw a straight line to Te Puke. Ti Rau is just north of Rotorua on that horizontal line.
That's were I got my name from....did you guess?
Old Apr 9th 2007, 11:46 am
Forum Regular

electricbaby27 will become famous soon enoughelectricbaby27 will become famous soon enough

That's were I got my name from....did you guess?
Hi Tia
I remember u from the nurses forum, we went through getting our visas together. Glad u have settled in well. Great thread 17 pages and still no bricks
Well done so far - will follow this with interest as thinking about buying a plot of land.

Caz
Old Apr 10th 2007, 3:44 am
Forum Regular

Muppett is a jewel in the roughMuppett is a jewel in the roughMuppett is a jewel in the roughMuppett is a jewel in the roughMuppett is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by harveyhare
We have the same white pipes and they are for e-wire to the mains box, retic mains computer and electrical to the meter box but they are outside our garage wall not the main bedroom.
Do they not tell you on the plans?

Di
Perhaps you can help me in my confusion - we are having e-wire in our new house, and the brochure of the land development states there is underground cabling. The electrician has been in the house and there are wires for the TV aerial - I thought there wouldn't be a TV aerial as the cabling is underground. Am I being really thick here - is this something the e-wire guy does when he comes in? I didn't notice any different cabling when the slab was poured. We went to enquire at the land sales office at the weekend but there was a different lady filling in over Easter, so she didn't really know what we were talking about. And it's such hard work trying to get any info out of e-wire themselves! Any info would be appreciated. BTW - still waiting for our roof cover to go on!
Old Apr 10th 2007, 5:21 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Tiawamutu's House Build

a straight line to Te Puke.
Isn't that a great place name for people who don't know the phoenetic construction of the Maori language?

Now where's my map of NZ... must find that place Waikikamukau.....

Buzzy
Old Apr 10th 2007, 5:25 am
youngy73

youngy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Muppett
Perhaps you can help me in my confusion - we are having e-wire in our new house, and the brochure of the land development states there is underground cabling. The electrician has been in the house and there are wires for the TV aerial - I thought there wouldn't be a TV aerial as the cabling is underground. Am I being really thick here - is this something the e-wire guy does when he comes in? I didn't notice any different cabling when the slab was poured. We went to enquire at the land sales office at the weekend but there was a different lady filling in over Easter, so she didn't really know what we were talking about. And it's such hard work trying to get any info out of e-wire themselves! Any info would be appreciated. BTW - still waiting for our roof cover to go on!
dont ask to many questions about ewire. she'll crack the shits again
Old Apr 10th 2007, 6:13 am
Has left the building

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
Isn't that a great place name for people who don't know the phoenetic construction of the Maori language?

Now where's my map of NZ... must find that place Waikikamukau.....

Buzzy
Whaka Where Where?
Old Apr 10th 2007, 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by youngy73
dont ask to many questions about ewire. she'll crack the shits again
Old Apr 10th 2007, 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by electricbaby27
Hi Tia
I remember u from the nurses forum, we went through getting our visas together. Glad u have settled in well. Great thread 17 pages and still no bricks
Well done so far - will follow this with interest as thinking about buying a plot of land.

Caz
Hi Caz, How you doing? Are you enjoying Oz?

Actually, there may be bricks quite soon, as they cleared the land around the slab/foundations, and put window frames on top of it.

Fingers crossed!
Attached Thumbnails Tiawamutu's House Build-10.04.07-003.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.