Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Tiawamutu's House Build

Tiawamutu's House Build

Old Mar 15th 2007, 10:39 am
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tiawamutu's House Build

Yes...slab is down!

Yipee!!

Gonna have a drink tonight to celebrate
Attached Thumbnails Tiawamutu's House Build-15.03.07-007.jpg   Tiawamutu's House Build-15.03.07-009.jpg   Tiawamutu's House Build-15.03.07-014.jpg  
Old Mar 15th 2007, 11:00 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

Is the slab behind it in the picture next door's house?

Buzzy
Old Mar 15th 2007, 11:35 am
Forum Regular

Pommy babe has much to be proud ofPommy babe has much to be proud ofPommy babe has much to be proud ofPommy babe has much to be proud ofPommy babe has much to be proud ofPommy babe has much to be proud ofPommy babe has much to be proud ofPommy babe has much to be proud ofPommy babe has much to be proud ofPommy babe has much to be proud ofPommy babe has much to be proud of

Hi Tiawamutu, just started reading your thread - all 10 pages of it!!! Very good so far, and i'm liking the pictures, I hope it all goes well for you and I will definitely be watching the build, as we hope to move out to Brissie later this year and start building our own house several months after landing, I think it's better that way, because you get exactly what you want, and the house is more personalised. Anyway good luck with the build and I look forward to the following posts (I wonder how long this thread will be by the time we are finished?!?!?!?!? )

Pommy Babe
Old Mar 15th 2007, 2:33 pm

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
Is the slab behind it in the picture next door's house?

Buzzy
No that's over the road
Old Mar 15th 2007, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by Pommy babe
Hi Tiawamutu, just started reading your thread - all 10 pages of it!!! Very good so far, and i'm liking the pictures, I hope it all goes well for you and I will definitely be watching the build, as we hope to move out to Brissie later this year and start building our own house several months after landing, I think it's better that way, because you get exactly what you want, and the house is more personalised. Anyway good luck with the build and I look forward to the following posts (I wonder how long this thread will be by the time we are finished?!?!?!?!? )

Pommy Babe
We are really pleased we got to choose everything about the house, even the colour of the roof and bricks. It'll be really good to move into something that we have chosen, and know we won't have to do anything to it.

I know what you mean about the length of the thread. There's a long way to go before it will be completed. I've took around 120 pictures already!
Old Mar 16th 2007, 1:31 pm

Went up today, as the builder had texted me to say the concrete was all down now. He said the garage floor would be done just before the house is finished.

He texts me whenever anything happens, which is great

Here are the pictures I took today of the holes for the alfresco pillars and front porch pillars
Attached Thumbnails Tiawamutu's House Build-16.03.07-018.jpg   Tiawamutu's House Build-16.03.07-019.jpg   Tiawamutu's House Build-16.03.07-021.jpg  
Old Mar 17th 2007, 10:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Beautiful!
Old Mar 17th 2007, 7:02 pm

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
Beautiful!
Old Mar 18th 2007, 2:02 pm

I have been told that some people have parties on their slab (or a few drinks)

Has anyone else heard of this?
Old Mar 18th 2007, 8:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu
I have been told that some people have parties on their slab (or a few drinks)

Has anyone else heard of this?
Sure have! And, presumably you know that "slab" is a Victorian (the state, not the era) term for 24 cans/bottles of beer!!!

Hence a slab party!!
Old Mar 19th 2007, 6:40 am
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu
He texts me whenever anything happens, which is great
I can't even get ours to reply to my emails...and he's always 'on the other line' when I call! :curse:
Old Mar 19th 2007, 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
Sure have! And, presumably you know that "slab" is a Victorian (the state, not the era) term for 24 cans/bottles of beer!!!

Hence a slab party!!
Well that's that settled then!
Old Mar 19th 2007, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by marco121068
I can't even get ours to reply to my emails...and he's always 'on the other line' when I call! :curse:
How far on are you with yours? and who are you building with?
Old Mar 19th 2007, 3:01 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Nice holes
Old Mar 19th 2007, 3:13 pm

Slab has dried out a bit more today, so we thought we'd take a picture of each other on it

(Me and hubby)

Oh and just realised, hubby forgot to smile
Attached Thumbnails Tiawamutu's House Build-19.03.07-006.jpg   Tiawamutu's House Build-19.03.07-005.jpg  

Last edited by Tiawamutu; Mar 19th 2007 at 3:18 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.