Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Tiawamutu's House Build

Tiawamutu's House Build

Old Feb 7th 2008, 12:05 am
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tiawamutu's House Build

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
The whole of our office is in hysterics at the "Addams family" cat with the glowing eyes.

Oh yeh, nice house!

Buzzy
I know

If I'd stuck a brown hoodie on her, you could have mistaken her for a Jawa!
Attached Thumbnails Tiawamutu's House Build-jawa.jpg  
Old Mar 18th 2008, 4:41 pm

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Haven't forgotten about this thread, just don't think it is appropriate to show any more pics of the rooms, due to privacy issues etc. Hope you understand

I have decided to do a before and after picture though, so you can see what it looked like as a patch of sand, then the finished house.

Hope you have all enjoyed this thread. I've enjoyed doing it, and although building has been a bit of a stressful process at times, I am so pleased we had the chance to do it.

Hopefully this will help others who are thinking of doing the same sort of thing.

It would be good to keep this thread open, and if anyone has any questions I will try my best to help.

....you never know, there may be some reno's done in the future that may be of some interest
Attached Thumbnails Tiawamutu's House Build-01.jpg   Tiawamutu's House Build-mam-dad-pics-1019.jpg  
Old Mar 18th 2008, 4:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

bewdaful!!
Old Mar 19th 2008, 2:48 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu
Haven't forgotten about this thread, just don't think it is appropriate to show any more pics of the rooms, due to privacy issues etc. Hope you understand

I have decided to do a before and after picture though, so you can see what it looked like as a patch of sand, then the finished house.

Hope you have all enjoyed this thread. I've enjoyed doing it, and although building has been a bit of a stressful process at times, I am so pleased we had the chance to do it.

Hopefully this will help others who are thinking of doing the same sort of thing.

It would be good to keep this thread open, and if anyone has any questions I will try my best to help.

....you never know, there may be some reno's done in the future that may be of some interest
Great! And thanks for reducing the pictures' file sizes!
Old Mar 19th 2008, 5:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute

Wow that was quick. Seamed like yesterday you put the pics on of the plot!

Gosh, well done looks fab.

Gems
Old Mar 19th 2008, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by Gems
Wow that was quick. Seamed like yesterday you put the pics on of the plot!

Gosh, well done looks fab.

Gems
Thanks,

Only 14 months ago
Old Oct 5th 2008, 3:56 pm

Speaking of reno's we eventually got air conditioning put in. One summer of 40+ degrees was enough for me!

After a recommendation from St George's Girl, we got it installed last week. I would highly recommend the company, as they did a fab job.

Roll on the summer is all I can say
Old Oct 6th 2008, 3:34 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Speaking of reno's we eventually got air conditioning put in. One summer of 40+ degrees was enough for me!

After a recommendation from St George's Girl, we got it installed last week. I would highly recommend the company, as they did a fab job.

Roll on the summer is all I can say
Pleased to hear that A. Never heard of anyone that hasn't given him the thumbs up as yet and I've recommended him to quite a number of people who have subsequently gone on and used his company. Nice bloke too isn't he?
Old Oct 6th 2008, 8:57 am

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl
Pleased to hear that A. Never heard of anyone that hasn't given him the thumbs up as yet and I've recommended him to quite a number of people who have subsequently gone on and used his company. Nice bloke too isn't he?
Great bloke, and great job done
Old Oct 6th 2008, 3:23 pm
ACE
BE Forum Addict

ACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond repute

Hey T,
Thanks for a great thread. Love the pics, the house and garden look super, you must be thrilled.

I'm with you T roll on summer.

ACE
Old Oct 7th 2008, 4:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Here I was thinking that this thread was about to become Tiawamutu's Renovation/Extension Thread LOL !!!!
Old Dec 10th 2008, 5:07 pm

Just to let everybody know...

....We have been in our house a year today! Doesn't time fly!

Ozzidoc....Ur right about the reno stuff....This thread could go on forever, and it would make sense to put it all in one place
Old Dec 11th 2008, 4:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Just to let everybody know...

....We have been in our house a year today! Doesn't time fly!

Ozzidoc....Ur right about the reno stuff....This thread could go on forever, and it would make sense to put it all in one place
Happy one year anniversary!
Old Dec 15th 2008, 12:40 am

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow a year already !

Have you had your house warming ? Bad Karma not to do one for a new build !

Merry Christmas
Old Dec 15th 2008, 3:35 am

Originally Posted by Perthforme
Wow a year already !

Have you had your house warming ? Bad Karma not to do one for a new build !

Merry Christmas
No I haven't had one. Time just went so quick, and then a year was over!

Would it be too late to have one now?

How you doing btw?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.