Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Tiawamutu's House Build

Tiawamutu's House Build

Old Feb 23rd 2007, 8:15 am
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tiawamutu's House Build

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Hell's teeth, that's a pretty big house!

Nice design; that style is very popular in Perth, and I rather like it myself.

Good for you, Tiawamutu - hope it all goes well.
Lol, it's not all our land (if that's what you were thinking

The first picture is our block, which is 500 m2 and the house is 224 m2.

Last edited by Tiawamutu; Feb 23rd 2007 at 8:20 am.
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 8:18 am

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
Ooh i have been waiting for this thread!!
Make sure you keep those photos coming!!!

hugs
Adele x
lol, I will
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 8:22 am

Originally Posted by sassie
Hi there. good luck with the build. Hope it goes as smoothly as ours did.

We've got the whole surround sound thing happening as well, although ours is in the lounge, not a separate theatre room. When our house was being built, at frame stage, just before all the giprock went up, my OH put all the speaker cabling up himself, so he could connect it all up when we moved in. I couldn't bear to watch when he was cutting out 6 holes in my ceiling, but have to admit he did a great job, and it all looks and sounds great.
That's what they are doing with ours. The wires will already be in the wall cavity.
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 8:32 am

Well I went up there today, to see if they had started leveling out the land, and saw the tractor again, over the other side

The man was standing next to it, so you'll never believe it....I went and had a chat with him!

I asked him if he knew anything about our plot, and he said he'd only been given the plans for the blocks of land he was on. He asked who we were building with and I told him. He said that the plots he was leveling out, were for the same company, and it may be that he gets the plans for our lot next week!

Fingers crossed it will happen soon.
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 8:42 am

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck with the build , you will be just round the corner from us , and a few others on here !
My mate moves in to his new build in ridgewood in a week or so and its looking very nice now all the paint is on the walls and flooring down etc

Last edited by Perthforme; Feb 23rd 2007 at 8:47 am.
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 8:44 am
Rushwood, Thornlands, QLD

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu
Well I went up there today, to see if they had started leveling out the land, and saw the tractor again, over the other side

The man was standing next to it, so you'll never believe it....I went and had a chat with him!

I asked him if he knew anything about our plot, and he said he'd only been given the plans for the blocks of land he was on. He asked who we were building with and I told him. He said that the plots he was leveling out, were for the same company, and it may be that he gets the plans for our lot next week!

Fingers crossed it will happen soon.

Great to hear that things are happenin for you regarding ure new pad...... its such an exciting time...... at last ure own bit ov downunda...... hey! Enjoy picking out ure colour schemes.....its great fun choosing everything in keeping with your favourite colour schemes. And when it's complete..... you can sit back and relax..... there's no place like home xx boomie xx
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 8:45 am

Originally Posted by Perthforme
Good luck with the build , you will be just round the corner from us , and a few others on here !
My mate moves in to his new build in ridgewood in a week or so and its looking very nice now all the paint is on the wall and flooring down etc
Thanks Perthforme

Where are you at again? Sorry, memory like a sieve
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 8:46 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, good luck: when is the projected finish?
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 8:46 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

That's what they are doing with ours. The wires will already be in the wall cavity.
Out of interest are you also putting insulation in the wall cavities?

My wife wants one of those integrated vacum cleaners where each room has a nozzle - but not sure how that fits in with insulation and other wirings.
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by Boomie
Great to hear that things are happenin for you regarding ure new pad...... its such an exciting time...... at last ure own bit ov downunda...... hey! Enjoy picking out ure colour schemes.....its great fun choosing everything in keeping with your favourite colour schemes. And when it's complete..... you can sit back and relax..... there's no place like home xx boomie xx
Hi Boomie, We picked our colour schemes a month ago, and had great fun!

Can't wait til they start building.

I don't know if you or anyone else felt like this, and i don't know how to explain it, but whenever I go up to the plot of land, I feel settled there, and don't really want to come home. Probably me just being daft
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 8:53 am

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Perthforme

Where are you at again? Sorry, memory like a sieve
Sent u a pm
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 8:57 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thebears

My wife wants one of those integrated vacum cleaners where each room has a nozzle - but not sure how that fits in with insulation and other wirings.
Yes Mrs Buzzy too! They can do it with insulation, the vacuum hose is just ducted like power or water.

Buzzy
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 9:17 am

Originally Posted by Wol
Yes, good luck: when is the projected finish?
September, hopefully
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 9:21 am

No we're not, but there's insulation in the roof cavity.

I've heard of them, although wouldn't really like the thought of muck inside my walls. I would be worried in case it became blocked.
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 9:25 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

I've heard of them, although wouldn't really like the thought of muck inside my walls. I would be worried in case it became blocked.
So would I but at a show home in NZ the demonstater said the suction is strong enough to ensure no blockage. Funny enough they call their model a "Monica"
but on the particulars it is called the "Lewisky 2000"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.