Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Thumbs up for treatment

Thumbs up for treatment

Old Nov 8th 2006, 4:41 am
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute
Default Thumbs up for treatment

My son was complaining of a headache yesterday when he came home from school (15yrs) and at 7pm put himself to bed (unheard of). This morning when I woke him for school he said he still had a headache and felt sort of dizzy. Well I am very paranoid of anything to do with the head as hubbies sister died of a brain hemorrhage at 40, his dad had one when he was 68 which he survived and they tied of another 4 aneurysms at the same time, he then died this year suddenly at 84 this year which the autopsy revealed another brain hemorrhage. So off to the docs this morning, voiced my concerns and hey presto CT scan booked for tomorrow morning and best of all free. I was gob smacked. Doc didn't seem worried but as son had never had a headache and because of past history he decided within 30 seconds it was justified. No how long would I have been waiting for this in the UK.

Jo
Old Nov 8th 2006, 4:51 am
Forum Regular

Jayniebabes has a brilliant futureJayniebabes has a brilliant futureJayniebabes has a brilliant futureJayniebabes has a brilliant futureJayniebabes has a brilliant futureJayniebabes has a brilliant futureJayniebabes has a brilliant future
Default Re: Thumbs up for treatment

Excellent treatment - I hope your son is okay you must let us know how you get on - good luck and hope he feels better soon

J
Old Nov 8th 2006, 5:26 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Thumbs up for treatment

Hope it goes ok. Let us know.

I took my 8 yr old to A+E in the UK when she had a massive headache for two days. They tested her for meningitis straight away and gave her a CT... I don't know if my own doc would have referred her if I'd turned up first at his office. In the end it was a migraine, set off by a food we found out she's allergic to.