Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Thumbs up to Aussie honey

Thumbs up to Aussie honey

Old Mar 2nd 2005, 8:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Thumbs up to Aussie honey

I really love Aussie honey; not the insipid stuff you buy in the supermarket but the "natural" stuff which tastes amazing. We've bought some wildflower honey and some "Malee" and it's really yummy. I also found out that you can put it on scars to make them heal quickly; I had a deep nick from shaving my legs and the honey definately relieved the itchiness and it's healing quickly. I've also heard that if you suffer from pllen allergies it can help to eat the unprocessed honey of the place where you're living.
I also just stumbled over this report which goes into more detail:

A TYPE of honey which destroys bacteria could be used to fight the deadly hospital superbug MRSA, its makers claimed yesterday.

Research shows just a small amount of special brand Medihoney put on dressings can prevent MRSA spreading through open wounds. The honey, made in Australia, is used in hospitals there.

Anthony Maloney from Medihoney said: "A couple of teaspoons of the honey in a glass of water would knock out the worst bug in hospitals today."

Trials at Aintree Hospital, Liverpool, showed it it can fight pain and heal wounds quickly. The Department of Health said: "We welcome any help in preventing infection."

Figures show MRSA deaths doubled since 2000 to 1,000-a-year. But some believe it is closer to 5,000.

So get yourselves some honey guys, it's really yummy and full of vitamins
BTW There's a fab stall at Waneroo market in Perth which sells loads of great honey products for all you Perthites.
ATB
Larissa
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 8:21 am
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Thumbs up to Aussie honey

mmmmm...honey...love the stuff!!!!

Hiya mate BTW!!!!!!

Petra
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 8:24 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Thumbs up to Aussie honey

Yup, it does help. Sister's boyfriend had a cancerous lump removed from his foot but caught MRSA in the process. Did the honey routine and the hole from the cancer and the MRSA cleared up much quicker than the quacks said.