Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Three Legs wishes to appologise

Three Legs wishes to appologise

Old May 20th 2005, 1:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute
Default Three Legs wishes to appologise

I have once again been in contact with Three Legs, and he is deeply upset that he had received a total ban from this forum, I know he wants to apologise for any upset caused, and would do anything to be allowed the freedom of the forum again.

Im sure whatever he done, it was originally done it jest and events have blown everything out of proportion.

I know for sure that he will be arriving in Perth at some point, and I'm sure once all you Perthites meet him then you will see that he is not the person you all think he is. What’s more, he will be arriving in Perth and I don’t think any animosity caused on a website should affect peoples opinions of others in the real world, lets get real here...

Its hard enough moving to the other side of the world, let alone moving somewhere where there are people who you know don’t like you, and will give you the cold shoulder.

Surely we should all think about this, and make-up, after all life is too short.

How about it? Who thinks Three Legs should return once an apology has been made, and maybe his sentence of a months ban served?

How about it BondiPom
Old May 20th 2005, 1:17 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Three Legs wishes to appologise

Originally Posted by manxfamily
How about it? Who thinks Three Legs should return once an apology has been made, and maybe his sentence of a months ban served?

How about it BondiPom
As far as i understand he has apologised. I didn't think he had to but that is my view. He was bored and having a bit of a laugh. Anyway don't think he has got a total ban just having a "time out" break.

I am still waiting to hear about his car
Old May 20th 2005, 1:21 pm
Now a Mummy!

SonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud of

I thought this forum was for ADULTS or at least people who behave like adults... I feel like i'm back at school!! Have people on this forum got nothing better to do with their lives than bitch and fall out over stupid juvenile posts... come on... get a grip! There are much more important things in the world to worry about...

Sonic
Old May 20th 2005, 1:21 pm
Professional Princess

I think if threelegs has apologised and its been accepted, then that should be the end of it.

I jumped in to defend Jill as you would do as did many other members.

But it takes a big person to say they are sorry as well.

Threelegs, I think you should come back.

Last edited by Professional Princess; May 20th 2005 at 1:28 pm.

Old May 20th 2005, 1:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

I agree that he should be given a second chance. Although, I didn't read his whole thread just half of it as I got a bit peed off with the nasty comments . I think that yes, it was maybe just a case of getting carried away. He did, unnecessarily, upset people though which is not acceptable.

If he is sincere in his apology then why not let him back on. Let's give him a second chance, doesn't everybody deserve one.

Also, Jill (Go bananas) please don't let what was silly comments prevent you from continue posting your diaries. The number of readers/replies should show you how popular they are .

Tracey.
Old May 20th 2005, 1:24 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

This has all got a bit out of hand. People need to chill & stop taking it so seriously. No need to ban anyone.
Old May 20th 2005, 1:26 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

You reap what you sow.
Old May 20th 2005, 1:27 pm

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

[QUOTE=Professional Princess]I think if threelegs has apologised and its been accepted, then that should be the end of it.

I jumped in to defend gobananas as you would do and did many other members.

But it takes a big person to say they are sorry as well.

Threelegs, I think you should come back.[/QUOT

I don't have a clue what any of you are going on about, sorry for being dim, but I am a strong believer that anybody should be given a second chance. It takes a lot more courage to apologise and face everybody again than it does to sulk or stay angry.
Old May 20th 2005, 1:29 pm

DIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond repute

What did i miss.....didnt even know he had been banned..what did he do /say? come on spill the beans
Old May 20th 2005, 1:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DIMO8
What did i miss.....didnt even know he had been banned..what did he do /say? come on spill the beans
From what I can gather he posted a thread taking the mick out of the banana diaries. I think it all got a bit messy which is when I got bored with it. Must have been some comments made afterwards which appears to got him banned. Go bananas also posted a thread afterwards saying how much it had offended her and that she isn't going to continue with the diaries.

Sure there was more to it , but didn't read it all!
Maybe somebody else will clarify it.
Tracey.
Old May 20th 2005, 1:34 pm
sel
~~~

sel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SonicBird
I thought this forum was for ADULTS or at least people who behave like adults... I feel like i'm back at school!! Have people on this forum got nothing better to do with their lives than bitch and fall out over stupid juvenile posts... come on... get a grip! There are much more important things in the world to worry about...

Sonic
I agree, there are more important things to worry about ... BUT ... until you have had the piss taken out of you on a public forum ... how do you know how it will make you feel ???? some people are very sensitive and it was an unfortunate turn of events tha was taken way to much to heart ...

I do feel however, that apologies should be accepted and taken with good grace ... I would enjoy the opportunity, as stated in the thread, to meet up with three legs eventually and all others who are heading to Perth.

Life is to short to hold grudges.
Old May 20th 2005, 1:37 pm

DIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tracey.d
From what I can gather he posted a thread taking the mick out of the banana diaries. I think it all got a bit messy which is when I got bored with it. Must have been some comments made afterwards which appears to got him banned. Go bananas also posted a thread afterwards saying how much it had offended her and that she isn't going to continue with the diaries.

Sure there was more to it , but didn't read it all!
Maybe somebody else will clarify it.
Tracey.
Thanks Tracey...........oh Dear!

Hope Go Bananas will reconsider writing her diaries they have been great to follow, full of humour and good advise too.
Old May 20th 2005, 1:40 pm
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by manxfamily
I have once again been in contact with Three Legs, and he is deeply upset that he had received a total ban from this forum, I know he wants to apologise for any upset caused, and would do anything to be allowed the freedom of the forum again.

Im sure whatever he done, it was originally done it jest and events have blown everything out of proportion.

I know for sure that he will be arriving in Perth at some point, and I'm sure once all you Perthites meet him then you will see that he is not the person you all think he is. What’s more, he will be arriving in Perth and I don’t think any animosity caused on a website should affect peoples opinions of others in the real world, lets get real here...

Its hard enough moving to the other side of the world, let alone moving somewhere where there are people who you know don’t like you, and will give you the cold shoulder.

Surely we should all think about this, and make-up, after all life is too short.

How about it BondiPom
As much as he upset one of my friends in a way that I never want to see her upset again, I for one am prepared to welcome him to Perth cos I dont believe he intended his post to have the effect it did. I know things I've said on here, meant to be funny, have been taken out of context. (its the chocolate port effect )

We've all done things that 20/20 hindsight says were maybe not our finest moment but hey thats part of being human (or in my case a piss head )

As an added plus he has apologised himself and again via yourself so the past is the past

Would be more than happy to meet up with him and his family and make my own decision on a face to face basis.

Am sure the rest of the perth folks will feel the same and be prepared to decide on a proper face to face meet. The perth folk I've met are not vindictive people. Pisshead's maybe (definately ) but nice all the same !

Last edited by Vegemite Kids; May 20th 2005 at 1:43 pm.
Old May 20th 2005, 1:45 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

What goes around, comes around.
Old May 20th 2005, 1:51 pm
Banned

Dirk Gently has a brilliant futureDirk Gently has a brilliant futureDirk Gently has a brilliant futureDirk Gently has a brilliant futureDirk Gently has a brilliant futureDirk Gently has a brilliant futureDirk Gently has a brilliant future

Many of the forums I've read have a playground atmosphere to them. Who's in who's gang/ who upset who out of our gang/ lets all take sides etc.

This little spat seems like a manifestation of the school atmosphere that forums produce. It would be an interesting study for any psychology students out there:- Why do mature people descend into playground fighting on a forum?

By the way, I'm no better, I've had many a spat on a forum that I wouldn't dream of having in real life,

Dirk

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.