Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Three cheers for Expats.

Three cheers for Expats.

Old Sep 24th 2003, 6:15 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road
Default Three cheers for Expats.

Look I know a lot of people here would love to clean this forum up, chuck out the negative, ban the realists and stop the humour, and generally turn it into a travel agents window but spare a thought for us too please!

As someone who lives here I find it saves my sanity sometimes.

Just having a laugh about the shi* that gets on your nerves, seeing that someone else gets sick of the same things, knowing its not just you who dreads summer or other bits that nobody but those who live here understand.

And thats what it should be. I have had Dozens of PM's in my time here saying thanks Dotty, I would love to have said that, or you made me laugh when I needed it. Well that goes for me too. Its been bloody hot here, old mans away, leaving me with a huge house and huge land and huge business to deal with, all of which I am sick of, as far as I am concerned 17 rooms sucks and so does that bloody pool.

After a really crap day I switch on here and there I am cavorting around with mower man in the adventures of dotty in tupperwear land. If that does not make you laugh what would.
Pommie humour saves me everytime. Probably saved me buying a one way ticket out of paradise too.

Thank You.
Old Sep 24th 2003, 6:40 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Three cheers for Expats.

Originally posted by dotty
as far as I am concerned 17 rooms sucks and so does that bloody pool.
Yeah, but the big question is, does the pool cleaner suck as well.
Old Sep 24th 2003, 6:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by MrsDagboy
Yeah, but the big question is, does the pool cleaner suck as well.
Questions like this are the price I pay for spilling the beans that Life in Queensland which is not quite the quiet little place you thought.

But yes his performance was remarkable, there is no way the automatic one could have done the same job.

He's free on Fridays if your barracuda gets into a knot. For $45.00 (including GST) an hour you wont do better.
Old Sep 24th 2003, 6:56 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

MMMMM.......Maybe I will move to the Sunshine Coast after all!! Dotty, I think you are right about the posts I am glad to read your 'warts and all posts' as least I know what to really expect when (if) I ever get there!!

Regards
Debs

Ps do you know anything about management rights?
Old Sep 24th 2003, 7:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by debsy
MMMMM.......Maybe I will move to the Sunshine Coast after all!! Dotty, I think you are right about the posts I am glad to read your 'warts and all posts' as least I know what to really expect when (if) I ever get there!!

Regards
Debs

Ps do you know anything about management rights?
Can be quite a nice earner up here, had neighbours (retired) who had done it for years, Sunshine coast daily often has them for sale under Business for sale section.
Sunny Daily has a website www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au

(Pools can be troublesome tho
Old Sep 24th 2003, 7:05 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Ah we dont have a pool anyway, only a spa on the verandah which I do myself since its not too much trouble. I think I would have to pay him too much travel $ if I wanted his barracuda.
Old Sep 24th 2003, 7:12 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

They are all called Jim - Jim the Mower Man, Jim the Pool Man!

My setiments exactly about the forum Dotty, I often sit here laughing out loud at the computer, the "novel" yesterday was a classic.

Old Sep 24th 2003, 7:16 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Originally posted by dotty
Can be quite a nice earner up here, had neighbours (retired) who had done it for years, Sunshine coast daily often has them for sale under Business for sale section.
Sunny Daily has a website www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au

(Pools can be troublesome tho
Thanks Dotty - will check it out!

debs
Old Sep 24th 2003, 9:09 am
Came Back 2003

heading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really nice

Originally posted by DianeOZ
They are all called Jim - Jim the Mower Man, Jim the Pool Man!

My setiments exactly about the forum Dotty, I often sit here laughing out loud at the computer, the "novel" yesterday was a classic.

Same here Diane, I have laughed until I was crying, my hubby and little girl just keep looking at me strangley!!!! I am now seeing my extensive Tupperware collection in a completely new light!!

And as for this site, it kept me sane when I was so desperate to come home.

Keep it coming folks.

Susan