Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Thread Killers Anonymous

Thread Killers Anonymous

Old Apr 10th 2005, 12:02 pm
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Thread Killers Anonymous

Now look here you lot......................
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII am the master thread killer extraordinaire I will have you know......
Off to count up my stats....how do you do it????
Old Apr 10th 2005, 12:06 pm
Dismembered Bat

ProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to all
Default Re: Thread Killers Anonymous........it's me!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Nice Guy
I thankyou

Now THERE'S a thread killer, if ever I saw one! The nic is enough to put anyone of taking the dic seriously!!!

Old Apr 10th 2005, 12:47 pm
Dismembered Bat

ProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to all

Well, I reckon I've killed off at least a half a dozen tonight with 'crap' replies. Let's see the difference between trying to help out with genuine, informed replies versus the crap I've been out and about with tonight!

Old Apr 10th 2005, 12:52 pm
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute

nooooooooooooooooo you havent killed this one...its always meeeeeeeeeeeee
Old Apr 10th 2005, 1:13 pm
Dismembered Bat

Originally Posted by yvsie
nooooooooooooooooo you havent killed this one...its always meeeeeeeeeeeee

Bah humbug ... I can never get anything right

Old Apr 10th 2005, 1:39 pm
Hot and sweaty member!!

good try proof reader!!!!!

every body else bored with this??????????????????
Old Apr 10th 2005, 1:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

good try proof reader!!!!!

every body else bored with this??????????????????
No, its just no-one has said anything profound for a while.

Oh, I see your plan now, get us all bored, so we fall asleep.

Ha, no chance, I'm wide awake

Cheers,
JTL
Old Apr 10th 2005, 1:42 pm
Hot and sweaty member!!

go to bed....its 11:45 at yours...must be night night time
Old Apr 10th 2005, 1:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

go to bed....its 11:45 at yours...must be night night time

Yes, but I've only been awake for 11 hours 45 as well !! Recovering from saturday night you understand, slept until midday today. No work tomorrow. I could be here all night

Cheers,
JTL
Old Apr 10th 2005, 1:52 pm

kirsty&al is on a distinguished road

Until a few days ago I thought I was a professional thread killer with a 25% hit ratio. Then hevs weighed in with a 55% hit ratio. It appears that I was but an amateur.

On a similar subject I put up a Friday Funny a few weeks ago (Questions about Australia), the following week I put up another (Why we love children), the next week 2 separate posters posted them again – I was having double déjà vu! I wouldn’t mind, but they got more replies than me (probably got more karma too).

Cheers
Alistair (reformed thread killer)
Old Apr 10th 2005, 2:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by kirsty&al
Until a few days ago I thought I was a professional thread killer with a 25% hit ratio. Then hevs weighed in with a 55% hit ratio. It appears that I was but an amateur.

On a similar subject I put up a Friday Funny a few weeks ago (Questions about Australia), the following week I put up another (Why we love children), the next week 2 separate posters posted them again – I was having double déjà vu! I wouldn’t mind, but they got more replies than me (probably got more karma too).

Cheers
I'm starting to feel not so bad, I think I've got about a 20% kill ratio. I remember those funnies being posted twice., they were funny the first time.

Oh! do you see what I've done! Another sad trick I used to try, I'd rate a thread as excellent (5 stars beside the thread), after I'd posted and got no response for a few hours, in the hope people would think, 'hmm, I must read and respond to this excellent 5 star thread' !

So if you ever wonder who's killed off the most 'excellent' threads, that would be me!

Cheers,
JTL
Old Apr 10th 2005, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
I'm starting to feel not so bad, I think I've got about a 20% kill ratio. I remember those funnies being posted twice., they were funny the first time.

Oh! do you see what I've done! Another sad trick I used to try, I'd rate a thread as excellent (5 stars beside the thread), after I'd posted and got no response for a few hours, in the hope people would think, 'hmm, I must read and respond to this excellent 5 star thread' !

So if you ever wonder who's killed off the most 'excellent' threads, that would be me!

Cheers,
JTL
That's conned me into a few in the past (the 5-star thingy).

I just checked, and my kill ratio has gone up to 35% without even trying. Answering tax questions seems to be effective, especially when you give people the news they don't want to hear: "There are no tax dodges in Oz - it's not like the UK"

Cheers
Al.
Old Apr 10th 2005, 2:23 pm
Merlot

Cheers
That blows the ego some what, I must send you some Karma mate!

M

Old Apr 10th 2005, 10:39 pm

Originally Posted by Merlot
That blows the ego some what, I must send you some Karma mate!

M
It does a bit - but you get over it.

Here’s one of my all time favourite funny stories (myths).

------------------------
From a transcript of a radio conversation released by the Chief of Naval Operations on 10 Oct 1995, between a US Navy vessel and Canadian authorities off the coast of Newfoundland:

Americans: "Please divert your course 15 degrees to the north to avoid a collision."

Canadians: "Recommend you divert YOUR course 15 degrees to the south to avoid a collision."

Americans: "This is the captain of a US Navy ship. I say again, divert YOUR course."

Canadians: "No, I say again, divert YOUR course."

Americans: "This is the aircraft carrier USS Missouri. We are a large warship of the US Navy. DIVERT YOUR COURSE *NOW*."

Canadians: "We are a lighthouse. Your call."
------------------------

Cheers
Alistair
Old Apr 11th 2005, 6:40 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

That's conned me into a few in the past (the 5-star thingy).

I just checked, and my kill ratio has gone up to 35% without even trying. Answering tax questions seems to be effective, especially when you give people the news they don't want to hear: "There are no tax dodges in Oz - it's not like the UK"

Cheers
Al.
Star business did it for me too...so I voted on this one
Just discovered I've put 14/108 out of their misery. But I would like to point out that none of them felt a thing and it was peaceful at the end
Gillian

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.