Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Thousands of Brits leaving Blighty

Thousands of Brits leaving Blighty

Old Aug 15th 2003, 3:43 am
Forum Regular

onetwothree is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Thousands of Brits leaving Blighty

Statistics recently announced show 12,510 Brits migrated permanently to Australia just in the year ended 30 June 2003.
Old Aug 15th 2003, 4:00 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Thousands of Brits leaving Blighty

Originally posted by onetwothree
Statistics recently announced show 12,510 Brits migrated permanently to Australia just in the year ended 30 June 2003.
Great bad part is they were replaced with Aussies , and who were the other 90,000 refugees who got into Australia that year all non Poms ?

MAKE GB AUSSIE FREE

Old Aug 15th 2003, 4:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Wilf is an unknown quantity at this point

Then that proves you must be doing the right thing does it not? Who can argue with such numbers? You can sleep soundly tonight now, Onetwothree, knowing that you have made the right decision, whether it is Oz or NZ (as long as it is not the UK, it will be better you see), and you have 12,510 reasons to prove it is so.

Good luck, and make sure you do actually leave Britain.
Old Aug 15th 2003, 4:22 am
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

I would be very interested to know the figures of British returning to the Uk from Australia?
Old Aug 15th 2003, 4:24 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by janeyray
I would be very interested to know the figures of British returning to the Uk from Australia?
True but they would not keep the figures of that at immo house might stop all that cash coming through the door from wannabe Pom refugees.

Old Aug 15th 2003, 4:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Wilf is an unknown quantity at this point

Have you never wondered why they dig so many holes in Oz?

Have you noticed that you never meet someone in the UK who emigrated to Oz and came back but just hear "so and so emigrated in the 80s and then we lost touch."?

Whatever you do, janeyray, do not stand in the supermarket queue talking loudly about considering going back (should you ever want to). They come in the night.
Old Aug 15th 2003, 4:41 am
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Wilf
Have you never wondered why they dig so many holes in Oz?

They come in the night.
lol lol

I often hear creeping about outside at night!!!!!!

Instead of counting sheep I lull myself to sleep with reasuring words of

" I love Australia, I will never leave, I love Australia, I will never leave, I love Austr..........
Old Aug 15th 2003, 4:47 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Just what I thought, I tried to source OneTwoThree's data, not least cos this sort of stuff doesn't usually get published so quickly, also cos I didn't think that UK keeps such figures. Sooo, looked up on DIMIA and noted that for 1999/00, 10518 UK born Australian residents left as Permanent Departure or Long Term Resident Departure. I thought this was the best figure as other categories were of a shorter term/non-resident/visitor nature. Stats for settler arrivals (i.e. probably PR category) from UK were 9201 for same period. Looking at total movement of UK born in and out of Oz for the given year gave a net gain to Oz of 5744.
Old Aug 15th 2003, 5:15 am
Banned

Originally posted by jayr
Just what I thought, I tried to source OneTwoThree's data, not least cos this sort of stuff doesn't usually get published so quickly, also cos I didn't think that UK keeps such figures. Sooo, looked up on DIMIA and noted that for 1999/00, 10518 UK born Australian residents left as Permanent Departure or Long Term Resident Departure. I thought this was the best figure as other categories were of a shorter term/non-resident/visitor nature. Stats for settler arrivals (i.e. probably PR category) from UK were 9201 for same period. Looking at total movement of UK born in and out of Oz for the given year gave a net gain to Oz of 5744.
Not a nice read for the dreamers looks like all that glitters is not gold for the sane amoung us.