Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Thoughts on Freemantle

Thoughts on Freemantle

Old Dec 17th 2013, 7:39 am
I'm on a Highway to Hell

Kris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to all
Default Re: Thoughts on Freemantle

I did used to live in Northbridge but not sure what it's like now as I know where I used to live was knocked down and they put a freeway/ highway exit on it I believe.
Have been looking at East Fremantle and East fremantle primary school does sound nice, anyone have any experience of that school?
Old Dec 17th 2013, 3:52 pm
Forum Regular

bitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kris_Rocks
I did used to live in Northbridge but not sure what it's like now as I know where I used to live was knocked down and they put a freeway/ highway exit on it I believe.
Have been looking at East Fremantle and East fremantle primary school does sound nice, anyone have any experience of that school?
I used to know a family who lived in East Freo and they said that the local primary was good. Mum was a teacher at a very expensive private school, so I would trust her opinion. Schools can change though, if principal changes or a good teacher or two move on. This family didn't use East Freo primary, though, as they needed help from extended family after school, so used the school nearest the grandparents.
Old Dec 17th 2013, 3:53 pm
Forum Regular

bitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by adiestubbs
I didn't say there wasn't any beggers or drunks anywhere else, of course there is.

But my position is a community position and Fremantle is my patch- 6-7 years ago when I first came it didn't seem to be as much as a problem as it is now. And Im not talking about people on a Saturday night piss up.
Fremantle has always had some rough edges, pre-dating your time there. Other parts of Perth do too.
Old Dec 17th 2013, 4:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

East Fremantle, North Fremantle and Mosman Park these areas you mentioned are quite expensive to rent and buy in Palmyra etc are a bit cheaper.
Old Dec 17th 2013, 4:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bitzenpces
Fremantle has always had some rough edges, pre-dating your time there. Other parts of Perth do too.
Fremantle as long as we lived in Perth had "rough around the edges people and areas" that's the nature of "Ports" it did get better when the Uni bought a lot of the very derelict buildings and the coffee strip is nice although it is now mainly Italian eateries whereas it use to be very multi cultural....still my favorite place in Perth as it really is one of the areas left with some of its original "settlers character" South Freo had some good bargin homes and I enjoyed walking our dog along the beach there.
Old Jan 21st 2014, 8:51 am
I'm on a Highway to Hell

Kris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to all

Originally Posted by brits1
Fremantle as long as we lived in Perth had "rough around the edges people and areas" that's the nature of "Ports" it did get better when the Uni bought a lot of the very derelict buildings and the coffee strip is nice although it is now mainly Italian eateries whereas it use to be very multi cultural....still my favorite place in Perth as it really is one of the areas left with some of its original "settlers character" South Freo had some good bargin homes and I enjoyed walking our dog along the beach there.

Mmmmmm Italian Eateries....

Just need someone to buy our house in UK now
So stressful