Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Thoughts about staying here 'forever'

Thoughts about staying here 'forever'

Old Mar 4th 2005, 11:24 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Thoughts about staying here 'forever'

Originally Posted by Superior
Don't worry, you will never be mistaken for a true blue Aussie.
who would want to be???????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????????????????????????????????????
Old Mar 4th 2005, 11:30 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Only 20 million people..........
no no no, you are missing the point. we dont wanna BE australian, we just wanna live here
even normal people get that
BE Enthusiast

Muzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant future

Only 20 million people..........

Great...

Er...you just don't get it do you?....Wherever ye are?
Banned

Quinkana will become famous soon enoughQuinkana will become famous soon enough

I guess so. But really, who ever scores points for playing fair? Lifes experiences tells me that nice guys usually finish last. I know thats not how its 'supposed to be' but thats how it usually turns out nevertheless.
Perhaps I'm cynical but if that is what I am, I wonder how I got that way then.
I live by the motto "say exactly what you feel, when you feel like it and I certainly don't have any scruples telling anyone to their face how I feel. At least that way, everyone knows how I feel and where they stand with me. They may not like me very much but thats OK too, I never set out to win any elections anyway".
I feel like I'm standing on rank horse shit everytime I read your crap.
Old Mar 4th 2005, 11:32 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

LOL
I'm already true blue....regardless of what you may think.

Yes a true blue dickhead.
Old Mar 4th 2005, 11:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Muzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Quinkana

"Forever"
Old Mar 4th 2005, 11:36 am
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Quinkana
Stop bringing the laptop out to the paddock
Old Mar 4th 2005, 11:40 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Muzza04
"Forever"
LOL!

That will be one thing that will be forever, I don't see it changing anytime soon!
Old Mar 8th 2005, 7:22 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Well, just had a brilliant long weekend, and things are a bit clearer now

I love the fact we can drive 4/5 hours, and only pass through about 4 very small towns:

I love the fact that there is a lot of emptyness out there, and you can live in little cute houses like this: (this is a friends parents house, 20 mins from Albany in Torbay. They always lived in a 'normal' house in Dardanup, but needed to get away from chemical sprays(she got cancer from it), so moved down there 2 years ago)

On the left is a bathroom, and the sticking out bit is the bedroom, and then the rest is a tiny kitchen and lounge and loft. They're making it bigger though!

I love the fact that most people have a guest room (or caravan in this case!!) and always welcome you to stay, or have dinner!

I love the fact that there's lots of pub gigs and singer songwriters, who you can see for free, or $5 or sometimes 10. And we chat with the guys, and you can get cd's for 10 or 20 dollars
This is Brett Hunt, he's from Bondi in Sydney, and can really sing, play and play the harmonica really well. And he has a 9 month old.
White star hotel in Albany:

I love that you can trust the weather most of the time in Spring/Summer/Autum to go camping etc, and the sunshine does make everything look a bit nicer:
The beautiful Elephant Rocks, William Bay, between Walpole and Denmark:
Old Mar 8th 2005, 7:25 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

I love the fact that there are beaches empty enough that you can take you 4WD on them, and be there nearly alone, even on a long weekend(400km's from Perth though, but there are some closer too )
Fishing at Cosy Corner Beach near Albany/Torbay:
(Pascal first fishing, he quite enjoyed it, he said it was like trying to win the lottery or something..!?! Anyway, fished for about 2 hours, and the five of them only caught one herring! )

The lookout above Shelley Beach near Torbay, between Denmark and Albany (Cape Howe National Park). Has a bush camping too.

( a guy drove his wife off the cliff here last year or so, to cover up the fact he'd given her a knock on the head(so she was already nearly dead...)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
On a positiver note, there are two platforms to launch paragliders off, or whatever they're called.
Old Mar 8th 2005, 7:26 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

I love the wildlife, except dead smelly kangaroos, and especially not sea creatures like jellyfish. And cockroaches. Gecko’s are cute though, as are the frogs living in our friends bathroom: (one on top of the curtain rail in the corner, and other ones not visible in the shower curtain and on the ledge.) At least there’s no cane toads down here yet, though I have a feeling that’ll be different in a couple of years…..

I love the fact we are able to buy a house here, which will not be attached to someone elses, and which will give us privacy in our backyard.
For now, I’ll have to settle for the suburbs(close to the hills though), but one day that will be somewhere in the southwest!!! Pascal has no job prospects down there, and he loves the job he has now. But one day we will move, even if it means compromise from him as well(though he would rather live somewhere in the south as well)

I love the fact that it is more acceptable and easier to get second hand stuff here, well, among the people I know, and in the southwest. I’m talking clothes like at Good Sammy’s, garage sales, second hand furniture shops. Not much of that in NL.
I have to get used to it now. Larissa reminded me when she wrote somewhere she got to heaters from garage sales! That’s my goal now before winter starts, cause we’ll need some too!

Ok, that’s all I can think of for now!

Btw, all above photo’s are of this past long weekend(yesterday was Labour day). It was only 2.5 days, but it felt like a whole holiday, we had a nice caravan for ourselves, and Allen’s mum even cooked us breakfast twice!! And one dinner we had in Albany, at the Venice restaurant, and Sunday night a bbq.

Easter weekend soon, 4 days!!!! Have decided to go camping with Pascal in the Toodyay area, haven’t been there for at least 15 years!! (my parents bought a block of land out there once! )

Old Mar 8th 2005, 6:11 pm
Merlot

Very envious indeed! Nice thread.

M