Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

A thoughtful family????

A thoughtful family????

Old Dec 8th 2005, 3:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute
Default A thoughtful family????

Don't you just love families?? I've always had probs with mine. In aus my sister begged me to bring her nephews home, when we did she then ignored us for nee on a year. Yesterday she called to remind me about christmas (as if the tinsel and lights didn't give it away) and what the 'family' are doing together. She reminded me about my aunty's 5th wedding in March and I explained that its highly unlikely we'll be there as we'll be back in Aus. Well....the phone went quiet, then she said "oh NO you're not going back there! I forbid you to take my nephews anywhere away from us again!" I laughed and reminded her that since we've been back shes seen the kids twice, and we've had to drive them to hers (25 mins down the road). To which she replied "ok then, I'm going to have you're children every weekend from now on to make you appreciate having family around, cos you won't have that in aus"!

I think its a splendid idea and I've starting packing the boys bags!!! I'll have child free weekends, then at the end of March we'll still bugger off back down under! I really don't think shes thought it through properly????
Old Dec 8th 2005, 3:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A thoughtful family????

Mmm me thinks she has lost it GB but however, I do know how you feel. I however, cannot comment as I have family who use this forum lol

My family are the best in the world honest (fingers crossed behind the back)

I hope it all goes well for everyone

hugs Lace x

Will you be posting Christmas Day?
Old Dec 8th 2005, 3:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lacey21
Mmm me thinks she has lost it GB but however, I do know how you feel. I however, cannot comment as I have family who use this forum lol

My family are the best in the world honest (fingers crossed behind the back)

I hope it all goes well for everyone

hugs Lace x

Will you be posting Christmas Day?
Of course i will! Our first family xmas together means Mark cooking the dinner, and me upstairs on the laptop!

I think it'll be good for my sister to have some bonding time with her nephews! She'd soon be dropping them off at Heathrow ready for the flight! It would be nice to have a close family, but its a little too late in the day to start with this now!
Old Dec 8th 2005, 3:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

Lol
nice one, yeah ok I'll post too, but Paul won't be making the dinner! He makes weired dinners lol.

He scares the kids lol

hugs Lace x
Old Dec 8th 2005, 3:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by lacey21
Lol
nice one, yeah ok I'll post too, but Paul won't be making the dinner! He makes weired dinners lol.

He scares the kids lol

hugs Lace x
that doesn't sound good??? How can you scare the kids with xmas dinner? Mark's already scared me with his shopping list. We never go to Iceland, and in big letters at the top he's put 'Iceland shopping list' It'll be ready meals all round!
Old Dec 8th 2005, 3:56 pm
Account Closed

ROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really nice

Originally Posted by glittababe
Don't you just love families?? I've always had probs with mine. In aus my sister begged me to bring her nephews home, when we did she then ignored us for nee on a year. Yesterday she called to remind me about christmas (as if the tinsel and lights didn't give it away) and what the 'family' are doing together. She reminded me about my aunty's 5th wedding in March and I explained that its highly unlikely we'll be there as we'll be back in Aus. Well....the phone went quiet, then she said "oh NO you're not going back there! I forbid you to take my nephews anywhere away from us again!" I laughed and reminded her that since we've been back shes seen the kids twice, and we've had to drive them to hers (25 mins down the road). To which she replied "ok then, I'm going to have you're children every weekend from now on to make you appreciate having family around, cos you won't have that in aus"!

I think its a splendid idea and I've starting packing the boys bags!!! I'll have child free weekends, then at the end of March we'll still bugger off back down under! I really don't think shes thought it through properly????

Quality

Family uh?
Old Dec 8th 2005, 5:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Oh Chris GB you poor get lol.

He scares the kids by giving them things that don't go with each other such as:- peas with pasta.

The kids look at him as though he has lost it lol

He's a good dad though.

I shall cook the roast and the sangas after, I can't wait lol

hugs Lace x
Old Dec 8th 2005, 5:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

YoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond repute

glittababe......

some advice from a residential social worker who works with kids aged 10 - 16

spend at least 2 hours before they go filling them with sugary sweets and fizzy juice, play very loud hyper music in the car and buy them the most inapprorpaite joke books.....

i guarantee you'll be at the airport within about 3 minutes!! ;-)

f
x
Old Dec 8th 2005, 6:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by YoSemite
glittababe......

some advice from a residential social worker who works with kids aged 10 - 16

spend at least 2 hours before they go filling them with sugary sweets and fizzy juice, play very loud hyper music in the car and buy them the most inapprorpaite joke books.....

i guarantee you'll be at the airport within about 3 minutes!! ;-)

f
x
check, check and check!!!! hurrah I'm on the right road for an early flight!
Old Dec 8th 2005, 6:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

YoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond repute

and you must remember to say that they NEVER EVER behaved like that when they lived in australia

the developement of your childs social and emotional behaviour/identity is paramount, making a move to australia a necessity!!! ;-)
Old Dec 8th 2005, 6:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by YoSemite
and you must remember to say that they NEVER EVER behaved like that when they lived in australia

the developement of your childs social and emotional behaviour/identity is paramount, making a move to australia a necessity!!! ;-)
very good, you've done your homework! My sister is going to love this! Plus we have the added benefit that she probably won't visit us either!
Old Dec 8th 2005, 8:06 pm
Just Joined

jon f is an unknown quantity at this point

this is quite spooky glitterbabe .your famliy sounds just like my wifes famliy.her sister persured us to move near her to help with the kids and be a good sister ,so we did no help came and when we said we were moving to oz she said she would never see the kids again and how could do that to her. the only time she visits us is to boast or moan at my wife . iam sorry to say at least your not the only one with a sister like that jon f
Old Dec 8th 2005, 9:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

very good, you've done your homework!
it's my job!! ;-)
Old Dec 9th 2005, 3:40 am
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

Of course i will! Our first family xmas together means Mark cooking the dinner, and me upstairs on the laptop!

I think it'll be good for my sister to have some bonding time with her nephews! She'd soon be dropping them off at Heathrow ready for the flight! It would be nice to have a close family, but its a little too late in the day to start with this now!
THIS is what annoys me, hubbys family made a fuss, they never gave a stuff about the kids, no hospital visits, never babysat. My kids did not know them really, now my family gave us their blessing and did see the kids all the time. They still do by web cam and telephone, and they are coming over.
It wont last long with 3 boys, they will be back the next morning, and i bet there is an excuse not to have them the week after. Denise
Old Dec 9th 2005, 7:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by cranni
THIS is what annoys me, hubbys family made a fuss, they never gave a stuff about the kids, no hospital visits, never babysat. My kids did not know them really, now my family gave us their blessing and did see the kids all the time. They still do by web cam and telephone, and they are coming over.
It wont last long with 3 boys, they will be back the next morning, and i bet there is an excuse not to have them the week after. Denise
I was just thinking about how many excuses she can come up with? I think most family's have something like this going on! Its nice to know I'm not alone!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.