Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Thought I was on the wrong forum.

Thought I was on the wrong forum.

Old May 27th 2003, 6:56 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road
Default Thought I was on the wrong forum.

Whats happening here, forum has gone down hill of late. People discussing JOBS, employment, wages, education. Real Issues, surely this cant be the OZ forum?

Only laugh here in the last week was Les Patterson for GG post.

What happened to beach side mansions for 100 grand, feeding the family for $20, crime free, drug free Paradise in the Sun Posts.

Cant the BBC do another "Life 26,000 miles from the universe but its sunny" doco and bring back a little fun to this forum.
Old May 27th 2003, 7:01 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future
Default Re: Thought I was on the wrong forum.

Originally posted by dotty
Whats happening here, forum has gone down hill of late. People discussing JOBS, employment, wages, education. Real Issues, surely this cant be the OZ forum?

What happened to beach side mansions for 100 grand, feeding the family for $20, crime free, drug free Paradise in the Sun Posts.

Cant the BBC do another "Life 26,000 miles from the universe but its sunny" doco and bring back a little fun to this forum.
Write something novel and funny and I'll write back "LOL", OK?

Why wait for the Immos to provide all your blood meals?
Old May 27th 2003, 7:18 am
Not here

Florida_03 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Megalania
Write something novel and funny and I'll write back "LOL", OK?

Why wait for the Immos to provide all your blood meals?

What no witty reply from DDDDDotty???...I just DDDDDon't believe it...
Old May 27th 2003, 10:01 am
Forum Regular

sashimi is an unknown quantity at this point

What the blinking point of a post like that? Your only purpose is obviously to wind people up and nothing else. Are you really THAT bored in Queensland. Why don't you go do something useful, like clean a few fly screens or weed
the lawn.
Old May 27th 2003, 10:23 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by sashimi
What the blinking point of a post like that? Your only purpose is obviously to wind people up and nothing else. Are you really THAT bored in Queensland. Why don't you go do something useful, like clean a few fly screens or weed
the lawn.
Sorry Maam,

Just in shock that the long awaited question, "Job prospects in OZ" has finally been brought up. If I was immigrating that would probably be my first question. On this forum tho, its been way down the question list below beaches, bbq's and other things that take up less than a couple of hours a week once here.

While on the subject, all of my UK Immo (couples) mates have at least one partner with a job here. Not always great pay or same career as UK, but they do have work. Some admittedly tho by setting up own business which may have not always been their first choice.
Old May 27th 2003, 11:20 am
Forum Regular

sashimi is an unknown quantity at this point

Just in shock that the long awaited question, "Job prospects in OZ" has finally been brought up. If I was immigrating that would probably be my first question.
But what's it to you? You are not emigrating and if a majority of people have other things they'd like to write about than you, why stick your oar in?

You keep treating everybody on this forum as if they're bleating imbeciles who have no brains of their own, who're obviously not grown up enough to think things through for themselves, oh no, they need schoolmisstress:lecture: Dotty to tell them what they have to do, think and write about.

Sorry miss, but maybe you are on the wrong forum
Old May 27th 2003, 4:30 pm
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

Just in shock that the long awaited question, "Job prospects in OZ" has finally been brought up. If I was immigrating that would probably be my first question. On this forum tho, its been way down the question list below beaches, bbq's and other things that take up less than a couple of hours a week once here.
I think Dotty alot of people going at the moment only need part time work, seems everyone is saying they only want to work a couple of days a week, which if they are mortgage free and have a few quid is fair enough.
But you,re correct if work is an issue it should be the first question you ask `whats the job situ`