Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

For those of you still deliberating on where you might go----

For those of you still deliberating on where you might go----

Old Mar 17th 2006, 6:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

suebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to behold
Default For those of you still deliberating on where you might go----

I picked up a pretty good book this week via Amazon - was looking for divine inspiration as I can't make up my mind where I want to go in Oz.

A city by city guide to living and working in Australia

Roberta Duncan

Some of the info is basic but there are good overviews of the key cities and some great websites listed.

Sue

Old Mar 17th 2006, 7:06 pm
Were off 2 c the wizard

robinson clan has a brilliant futurerobinson clan has a brilliant futurerobinson clan has a brilliant futurerobinson clan has a brilliant futurerobinson clan has a brilliant futurerobinson clan has a brilliant future
Default Re: For those of you still deliberating on where you might go----

Will have a look for that one ta!

We have no idea where to go, I change my mind from one day to the next. At the moment were looking at Perth or just north of Brisbane.
Hubbie says he doesn't care where we end up,as long as we get there.
Anyway it's going to be a while off yet, waiting for our TRA application back.

Amanda
Old Mar 17th 2006, 7:30 pm
Forum Regular

neiluk is a name known to allneiluk is a name known to allneiluk is a name known to allneiluk is a name known to allneiluk is a name known to allneiluk is a name known to allneiluk is a name known to allneiluk is a name known to allneiluk is a name known to allneiluk is a name known to allneiluk is a name known to all

Originally Posted by robinson clan
Will have a look for that one ta!

We have no idea where to go, I change my mind from one day to the next. At the moment were looking at Perth or just north of Brisbane.
Hubbie says he doesn't care where we end up,as long as we get there.
Anyway it's going to be a while off yet, waiting for our TRA application back.

Amanda
hi
we are looking at perth and are going the end of may after brothers wedding got visas in passports now but there was a thread on here a couple of days ago havin a bit of a moan about perth JUST WHAT WE WANTED TO HEAR but i think we will still head there and are looking at the north of perth.House prices still seem good and you seem to get a bit more for your money.
As long as the kids are happy im happy.but still got loads more to do but cant wait to get out there now.
neil&lesley
Old Mar 17th 2006, 7:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by neiluk
hi
we are looking at perth and are going the end of may after brothers wedding got visas in passports now but there was a thread on here a couple of days ago havin a bit of a moan about perth JUST WHAT WE WANTED TO HEAR but i think we will still head there and are looking at the north of perth.House prices still seem good and you seem to get a bit more for your money.
As long as the kids are happy im happy.but still got loads more to do but cant wait to get out there now.
neil&lesley
I wouldn't worry about "THAT" thread, just cos one person doesn't like it there doesn't mean it's not a nice place to be.

Just go with an open mind and experience it for yourselves.

Have a good trip and let us know how you get on
Old Mar 17th 2006, 7:34 pm
Going for a ride

furkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond repute

hi
neil&lesley
I feel from reading a lot on these forums, if you make a decision by intuition first of all, try it. If it doesn't work out, moving to elsewhere in OZ is a lot less work than the 12000 miles in the first place. Follow your fellings first of all. If it doesn't seem right, Oz is a bloody big place.

(can I say "bloody" here ? )
Old Mar 17th 2006, 7:51 pm
Were off 2 c the wizard

robinson clan has a brilliant futurerobinson clan has a brilliant futurerobinson clan has a brilliant futurerobinson clan has a brilliant futurerobinson clan has a brilliant futurerobinson clan has a brilliant future

hi
neil&lesley
How exciting,
Perth does look really good, i wouldn't worry to much about what others are saying. You will probably get out there and love every minute. Life is what you make it and your about to take your family on one huge adventure. Its going to be great.

Good Luck