Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

For those of you flogging your junk on Ebay!

For those of you flogging your junk on Ebay!

Old Mar 23rd 2004, 9:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sandy.l is on a distinguished road
Default For those of you flogging your junk on Ebay!

I posted this link on an earlier thread but there weren't many of you around at the time, I'd hate you to miss it!

http://www.erikasfriends.com/for_net...ng_for_you.htm

sandy
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 10:17 pm

maxpaxx is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: For those of you flogging your junk on Ebay!

Originally posted by Sandy.l
I posted this link on an earlier thread but there weren't many of you around at the time, I'd hate you to miss it!

http://www.erikasfriends.com/for_net...ng_for_you.htm

sandy
LOL!

I have been selling tons of stuff on there! but I always feel the need to buy just that one Molton brown product!

Actually have made lots of cash for the move and it's usually quite a pleasant experience until this week someone was really horrid and said the stairgate i had sold was missing bits - which it wasn't - I even refunded the lady but she still felt the need to leave me bad feedback - old bat.

We have recently moved into this rented house and can't fix stairgates so I had to buy those pressure ones. Well thought I was being clever and picked up a couple off good old ebay - when i got them they were the barrier type you have to take down. Anyway just sold the pair for £30 today when I only paid £14.

The thing I hate is all the trips to the post office - they look at me like I am posting drugs as I have so many wierd shape parcels - and badly packaged!

Is Ebay rife in Aus too? I had a look on there but didn't seem to be too much on it?

Which brings me to a question - do I bring the kids wardrobes or do most Aus homes have built ins? If so ebay here we come!

Max
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 11:47 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by maxpaxx
LOL!

Which brings me to a question - do I bring the kids wardrobes or do most Aus homes have built ins? If so ebay here we come!

Max
Most OZ houses have built ins, but not all.

Old Mar 24th 2004, 12:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by maxpaxx
LOL!

Is Ebay rife in Aus too? I had a look on there but didn't seem to be too much on it?
I've been on the ebay.com.au site a few times and made 3 purchases so far - one item came from Sydney, but the other two were from USA and Canada. If I search for an item that's available "within Australia" it doesn't bring up much, and what does come up is usually located in Sydney, so it's still going to cost extra postage-wise.