Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

To those thinking of moving to Cairns...DO IT!! (p.s. - i've finally got internet!)

To those thinking of moving to Cairns...DO IT!! (p.s. - i've finally got internet!)

Old Mar 19th 2009, 10:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Looking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant future
Default To those thinking of moving to Cairns...DO IT!! (p.s. - i've finally got internet!)

Do it because;

1] its great weather at the moment (and hopefully for the next several months until Octoberish)

2] everyone is really chilled

3] people are all really friendly

4] you can play beach volleyball on the Esplanade...with LOADS of cute guys!! Who'd have thought it, guys play volleyball!

5] there's loads of stuff to do! Already been snorkeling round Green Island, sea kayaking round Fitzroy Island, and am currently arranging a work outing to go whitewater rafting! how cool is that?!!

6] last but not least, i may have had my first cockroaches, massive spiders, ants, and a gecko (!) but i havent had any poisionous creatures at all!! Mega plus for me right now!

If you want an example of someone with last minute jitters, then use me! I nearly pulled out the day before i was due to fly!

But now im here, its great! (id never seen cairns before).

P.s. - for those who thought i had dropped of the edge of the planet, I'm back! My internet may be slow...but at least i have it!! woo hoo for me!
Old Mar 19th 2009, 11:14 am
Just Joined

Reevezie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: To those thinking of moving to Cairns...DO IT!! (p.s. - i've finally got internet

Hello there, congratulations on the move, hope everything is going ok for you , just wondering, Cairns was one of the places i was interested in and was wondering if you had any idea what the job market is like at the moment (local paper ect) trades, Hairdressing & Wall and Floor Tiler? Any help is appreciated.....