Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

for those on the sunshine coast

for those on the sunshine coast

Old Nov 12th 2007, 7:14 pm
heading back to oz..again

collybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of light
Default for those on the sunshine coast

Hiya we have just moved to maroochydore, arrived yesterday and had a few questions for those of you around this area, where do i go and sort medicare and where is the centrelink office? what ID do i need to take with me? is there any think else i have to think about?. Do you know if you can get finance any where for a car?. We went shopping to woolworths yesterday but it was really tiny, is there anywhere else good to shop? do you know if you can get robinsons squash from any where? its the only thing i cant live without. Sorry for all the questions but just dont know where to start, we are hoping to move to buderim area, if there are any families that fancy meeting up let me know i am colleen 24, my hubby mark 33 and kids 3 and 18 months, thanks for any replies.
Old Nov 12th 2007, 7:33 pm
Forum Regular

Bradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really nice
Default Re: for those on the sunshine coast

Originally Posted by collybabe24
Hiya we have just moved to maroochydore, arrived yesterday and had a few questions for those of you around this area, where do i go and sort medicare and where is the centrelink office? what ID do i need to take with me? is there any think else i have to think about?. Do you know if you can get finance any where for a car?. We went shopping to woolworths yesterday but it was really tiny, is there anywhere else good to shop? do you know if you can get robinsons squash from any where? its the only thing i cant live without. Sorry for all the questions but just dont know where to start, we are hoping to move to buderim area, if there are any families that fancy meeting up let me know i am colleen 24, my hubby mark 33 and kids 3 and 18 months, thanks for any replies.
Hiya Colleen, cannott help you on your questions, but someone on here will reply soon with the answers. We're hoping to move to the Sunshine Coast in May 2008, not decided on an area yet, just wanted to ask if you would keep me informed on how your finding it to settle, what areas are nice, general advice for people heading your way. I know you'll be busy and will have loads to sort out, but whenever you've got 5 mins. fill us in. If you want we can meet up when we get there, we have 2 children too, Toby, aged 16 months and Megan aged 7. Lisa.
Old Nov 12th 2007, 7:38 pm

collybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of light

Yeah sure no probs, if you have skype you can contact me on that our skype name is thebishops24, i will get back to you as soon as we are settled.
Old Nov 12th 2007, 8:10 pm
Forum Regular

justcantwait will become famous soon enoughjustcantwait will become famous soon enough

congratulations collybabe on finally getting to oz,hope you had a good journey and good luck with everything.Hopefully we will join you feb time!! fingers crossed

anne marie xx
Old Nov 12th 2007, 10:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

Medicare - The Sunshine Plaza (you have to wait 10 days from your arrival in OZ)
Centrelink - Near the Big Top
Passports for ID
Coles (in the Plaza) is better than Woolies and may do the Robinsons in the international section

Welcome to Australia :-)
Old Nov 13th 2007, 2:50 am
Just Joined

kiwibrummie is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: for those on the sunshine coast

HI

We are relocating from Auckland NZ, originally from brimingham UK been here 9 years, My hubbie and son our for a visit next week to look at schools and a few houses, my son a mad cricketer, he plays club and rep cricket here, anyone know which is the biggest junior club on the Coast, we probably going to settle in maroochy,mooloolaba or cloundra, love Noosa but to far up for us. A couple of opinions of quality of life would be great and work opportunities for 18-20 year olds would be great.

Cheers:
Old Nov 13th 2007, 2:56 am
Just Joined

kiwibrummie is an unknown quantity at this point

Just realised you are from the west midlands, we are originally from birmingham, we have been living in Auckland Nz for the last 9 years, we moving over jan/feb next year, well done on your move I am sure you are just going to love it, our son was 3 and our two girls were 6 and 8 when we moved they have grown up in a safe enviroment, walked on the beach everyday and had the best start in life, we have no regrets. maybe we can catch up when we come over??
Old Nov 13th 2007, 3:44 am
jce
Forum Regular

jce is a name known to alljce is a name known to alljce is a name known to alljce is a name known to alljce is a name known to alljce is a name known to alljce is a name known to alljce is a name known to alljce is a name known to alljce is a name known to alljce is a name known to all

Originally Posted by kevinbloomfield
Medicare - The Sunshine Plaza (you have to wait 10 days from your arrival in OZ)
Centrelink - Near the Big Top
Passports for ID
Coles (in the Plaza) is better than Woolies and may do the Robinsons in the international section

Welcome to Australia :-)
We regsitered with Medicare 2 days after arriving? All the computer systems are linked so when you came through passport control they logged you into the system so Medicare know you are here pretty quickly. Just take along your passport to the office in the Plaza - top floor near the entrance to the multi storey car park - near Target. Tell them you are new here and want to register - takes minutes. Very effecient

There are quite a few Woolworths around - Kawana Waters Shopping World, Chacellor Park, Mountain Creek as well as one in the centre of Buderim. They all vary in size and layout so try a few out and see what you like
Old Nov 13th 2007, 6:50 am

Thanks for all of your replies, i registered at medicare with no probs and centrelink gave me all the forms to fill out so i just need a tax file number and we are pretty much sorted.
Old Nov 13th 2007, 7:25 am
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for all of your replies, i registered at medicare with no probs and centrelink gave me all the forms to fill out so i just need a tax file number and we are pretty much sorted.
Get your TFN's online. I still reckon Coles is better than Woolies though!