Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

for those that love moneysavingexpert.com

for those that love moneysavingexpert.com

Old Feb 28th 2005, 9:53 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation for those that love moneysavingexpert.com

Since there is no similar forum in Australia I've set one up.

I've literally just done this today so there will be a wee bit of finessing to do (once I figure out how to change a few bits!) and obviously I need LOTS of posts from you lovely people already out in Australia please to fill it up a bit.

Enjoy (and please feel free to PM me if you have an comments or constructive criticisms!!)

http://s9.invisionfree.com/Piggy_Bank/index.php?act=idx

Old Feb 28th 2005, 10:01 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: for those that love moneysavingexpert.com

Looks great. Brilliant coincidence as we are restructuring ( :scared: ) at the mo. So come on folks, get your great ideas on the new board. Well done
Old Feb 28th 2005, 10:25 am

Thanks Hevs, nice to see you over there!
Old Feb 28th 2005, 10:49 am
Forum Regular

Heathertoes will become famous soon enoughHeathertoes will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by bridiej
Thanks Hevs, nice to see you over there!

We'v just submitted our application and will be watching your website with interest - esp SA. Well done - and all the best

Heather
Old Feb 28th 2005, 10:58 am

Thanks Heather.

Must admit, it's a bit nerve wracking, dont know why though!!!!

Good luck with your application
Old Feb 28th 2005, 11:43 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

First of all, good idea, and good luck with your forum!

Secondly, I have a few general tips that I don't know where to put...

The first is a website(not forum) and especially the newsletter, called Simple savings. I think it's probably www.simplesavings.com.au
Registering for the newsletter is free, and if you become a member, you have acces to the 'savings fault'(I'm not a member).

Secondly, there's a book I'd like to reccomend called Making Money made Simple by Noel Whittaker(who writes for newspapers in Oz, talks on the radio etc). This book doesn't fall into one category, because it covers budgetting, mortgages, income tax, buying property etc etc.

Oh, and I was wondering, what about tips about shopping (like groceries) etc?
(I've never seen this uk forum, so don't know how that works and how similar it is to this one you've set up )

I think it's a great idea, and I've joined! I've probably got lots of tips, but to actually remember them....!!

Simone
Old Feb 28th 2005, 11:47 am

I'll start a new are on there for groceries, thanks for the tip.

Have sent you a PM!
Old Feb 28th 2005, 11:58 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, so it has a chit chat section as well!

I think I didn't see that because I wasn't registered yet!

Right, of to make my first post!!

Arghhh!! As if I wasn't on forums enough! At least this one will be very usefull!!
Old Feb 28th 2005, 12:02 pm
Banned

djdutts is on a distinguished road

Nice. I like it.

The best place to get cheap loans/credit cards etc is:

Well worth a look.
Old Feb 28th 2005, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by Simone
Ok, so it has a chit chat section as well!

I think I didn't see that because I wasn't registered yet!

Right, of to make my first post!!

Arghhh!! As if I wasn't on forums enough! At least this one will be very usefull!!

You can't see the chit chat section unless you're registered.

Old Feb 28th 2005, 12:19 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Nice one. Shame we can't "hear" Martin Lewis rattling away the advice at 500 words a min

Hope it takes off with useful info. It might be worth adding a more definite legal disclaimer in your "please read first" bit. Don't want anyone giving grief in years to come and blaming you.
Old Feb 28th 2005, 12:26 pm

I know, I will miss Martin's dulcet tones!

I will def reword the disclaimer,going to do some research on best way to word it!
Old Feb 28th 2005, 1:33 pm
I need a beer.....

snappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to behold

Excellent site Bridie good luck with it

Sasha
Old Feb 28th 2005, 3:43 pm

Thanks Sasha!
Old Feb 28th 2005, 3:54 pm
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by bridiej
You can't see the chit chat section unless you're registered.

Hello Bridie

Is this chit chat section anything to do with the "gecko thread" or what you ladies like to do ?

How's your snow?

Jim

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.