Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

For those leaving before Xmas!

For those leaving before Xmas!

Old Aug 30th 2005, 2:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

pako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nice
Default For those leaving before Xmas!

How are all your plans coming along are you still on target?? We go Nov 28th from Heathrow. So far we've packed our first (and main) boxes for the shippers to collect this Saturday. We will send some final boxes in our last week too. We thought we'd send everything now so it's waiting there for us (will help me settle I think). We now need to have a couple of car booties to sell the remainder of our stuff, next month canel bills etc and get our CV's prettied up for our next employers - if they'll have us So there's not too much to do now, I'm wondering how I can pass the time.. seem to pass a bit of it on here lately..

Where are all you guys up too?
Old Aug 30th 2005, 3:02 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: For those leaving before Xmas!

Well, we are hoping to be in WA by Christmas, just waiting to exchange contracts so we can make plans for shippers to come etc etc then wait for our visa.

Fingers crossed it all comes together
Old Aug 30th 2005, 3:09 pm
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pako
How are all your plans coming along are you still on target?? We go Nov 28th from Heathrow. So far we've packed our first (and main) boxes for the shippers to collect this Saturday. We will send some final boxes in our last week too. We thought we'd send everything now so it's waiting there for us (will help me settle I think). We now need to have a couple of car booties to sell the remainder of our stuff, next month canel bills etc and get our CV's prettied up for our next employers - if they'll have us So there's not too much to do now, I'm wondering how I can pass the time.. seem to pass a bit of it on here lately..

OMG you're sooo organised!! We fly on 14th November and so far packing hasn't even started! :scared:

Are you sending more than one load then?

We planned to send ours around the end of October. We're being put up in a hotel when we get there for 4 weeks and then we have to find rented accommodation. I'm starting to panic though that we wont have our furniture etc there in time for christmas. :scared:
Old Aug 30th 2005, 3:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

pako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nice

Originally Posted by bridiej
Well, we are hoping to be in WA by Christmas, just waiting to exchange contracts so we can make plans for shippers to come etc etc then wait for our visa.

Fingers crossed it all comes together
I'm sure ou'll exchange soon, house sales are a nightmare. I tried to send you some karma for luck, but the system denied me. Guess I need to spread it around and become a karma sl*t again!! :scared:
Old Aug 30th 2005, 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by tygwyn

We planned to send ours around the end of October. We're being put up in a hotel when we get there for 4 weeks and then we have to find rented accommodation. I'm starting to panic though that we wont have our furniture etc there in time for christmas. :scared:

Dont panic, our furniture probably wont arrive til late Jan /early Feb!!

But the way I see it, it's all part of the fun of the move.

Enjoy it, it's something to tell your grandkids about in years to come.
Old Aug 30th 2005, 3:11 pm

I'm sure ou'll exchange soon, house sales are a nightmare. I tried to send you some karma for luck, but the system denied me. Guess I need to spread it around and become a karma sl*t again!! :scared:
hope so, just want something concrete instead of having to prefix or suffix every single sentence with "hopefully"

sent you some k
Old Aug 30th 2005, 3:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tygwyn
OMG you're sooo organised!! We fly on 14th November and so far packing hasn't even started! :scared:

Are you sending more than one load then?

We're sending about 15 boxes now (we not taking furniture as we on'y have a one bed flat). We're very fortunate that my husband is from Oz and my sister-in-law can keep our boxes for us, just incase it gets there early. I have sent kitchen stuff, clothes, pictures, photos, ornaments, stacks of books, cds etc. Packing my crockery was the worst. We will just cope on our scody old stuff til we fly. The week before we leave we will send another few boxes with our winters jackets etc, stereo and a few other bits and bobs. We didn't have enough for a container and it worked out very cheap this way.
Old Aug 30th 2005, 3:17 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

OO interested in which shippers your using? We too wanted to send stuff so it got there before us but our shipper told us we cant do that as we need to be in the country before it arrives??

AAH IGNORE THIS YOU'VE JUST ANSWERED IN YOUR LAST POST
Old Aug 30th 2005, 3:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

You want to call around, some will store it on the dock for you I'm sure..
Old Aug 30th 2005, 3:32 pm

You want to call around, some will store it on the dock for you I'm sure..
Hi we will be using PSS they said we could pay for storage on the dock if we needed it, but that we have to be in the country for when it arrives. Also have to give an address at the destination before we leave the country, we have no friends or rellies over there but they said a hotel address will do.

Possoms
Old Aug 30th 2005, 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by possoms
Hi we will be using PSS they said we could pay for storage on the dock if we needed it, but that we have to be in the country for when it arrives. Also have to give an address at the destination before we leave the country, we have no friends or rellies over there but they said a hotel address will do.

Possoms
We had the same problem with sending the cat, they had to have an address. Luckily a cyber friend let me use her address.

Dont know what we'd have done if they'd said no... and what if we didnt have the internet, there'd be no chance!
Old Aug 30th 2005, 3:41 pm

We had the same problem with sending the cat, they had to have an address. Luckily a cyber friend let me use her address.

Dont know what we'd have done if they'd said no... and what if we didnt have the internet, there'd be no chance!
I know had our minds so filled up with getting the visa, wasnt prepared for the actual physicalities of moving etc I was mortified when we were told we have to give an address.

Sort of brings it home how much we are on our own with all this
Old Aug 30th 2005, 3:43 pm

I know had our minds so filled up with getting the visa, wasnt prepared for the actual physicalities of moving etc I was mortified when we were told we have to give an address.

Sort of brings it home how much we are on our own with all this
Is there anyone in Tassie that you've met via this or another forum who would be prepared to help?
Old Aug 30th 2005, 3:53 pm

Is there anyone in Tassie that you've met via this or another forum who would be prepared to help?
Will have to ask em I do envy the bond between peeps going out to the same place meeting up etc, unfortunatley not many off to Tas

Not seemed to have found a Tassie expat forum and yet there are a lot of british over there apparently.
Old Aug 30th 2005, 4:08 pm

Will have to ask em I do envy the bond between peeps going out to the same place meeting up etc, unfortunatley not many off to Tas

Not seemed to have found a Tassie expat forum and yet there are a lot of british over there apparently.
Perhaps you should start one up? Dead easy to do, and you could publicise it when you get there, organise a few meet ups and bobs your uncle!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.