Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

To those in the Joondalup Area (Perth)

To those in the Joondalup Area (Perth)

Old Jul 17th 2004, 9:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

darkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant future
Default To those in the Joondalup Area (Perth)

Quick question to those of you in Joondalup area.

Can you tell me what service are available on the shopping area which is on the corner of Shenton Ave and Marmion Ave (basically on the corner between Illuka, Ocean Reef, Currambine and Connolly).

I know there is a Woolworths and a Grand Cinemas here but is there a bottle shop (important), pub (would be good but I suspect there isnt one), takeaways, etc etc

Any help would be great

Cheers
Dave
Old Jul 17th 2004, 10:19 pm
Forum Regular

Pauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nice

Hi Dave,

I will be speaking to my sister in Perth tomorrow. She lives in the area so I will ask her for you and let you know.

Pauline.
Old Jul 17th 2004, 10:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

darkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant future

Originally posted by Pauline & Iain
Hi Dave,

I will be speaking to my sister in Perth tomorrow. She lives in the area so I will ask her for you and let you know.

Pauline.
Hi Pauline,

That would be superb - thank you

Dave
Old Jul 17th 2004, 10:42 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

There is fast food crap there and also a Liquor store attached to woolworths. Dunno about the pub thing though.

Siren's b/h
Old Jul 18th 2004, 12:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Loopy will become famous soon enoughLoopy will become famous soon enough

No pub, there's a video rental shop, cinema, restaurant - Oscars, various take aways including Subway, think there's a chemist too, as well as the others mentioned.

Loopy
Old Jul 18th 2004, 10:24 am
Forum Regular

Pauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nice

Hi Dave,

Spoke to my sister this morning. She said its called Currembine Shopping Mall. She didn't think there was a bottle shop, no pub, there is Oscars resturant and possibly a pizza takeaway and of course Woolworths and the cinema.

Cheers
Pauline.
Old Jul 18th 2004, 11:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Teresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by Pauline & Iain
Hi Dave,

Spoke to my sister this morning. She said its called Currembine Shopping Mall. She didn't think there was a bottle shop, no pub, there is Oscars resturant and possibly a pizza takeaway and of course Woolworths and the cinema.

Cheers
Pauline.

had to pop in there to get birthday card - last minute one and saw all of above plus chinese, video rental, bakery, corner shop, the last two were open on a sunday which is rare thing to find shops open here then

Teresa
Old Jul 18th 2004, 7:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Swifts
had to pop in there to get birthday card - last minute one and saw all of above plus chinese, video rental, bakery, corner shop, the last two were open on a sunday which is rare thing to find shops open here then

Teresa
Thanks to everyone for your replies, but can I just confirm from you Teresa that there was a:

Woolworths
Cinema
Chinese
Video Rental
Bakery
Corner Shop

But you are saying that there is no:

Bottle Shop
Pub

Cheers
Dave
Old Jul 20th 2004, 12:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Teresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by darkless
Thanks to everyone for your replies, but can I just confirm from you Teresa that there was a:

Woolworths
Cinema
Chinese
Video Rental
Bakery
Corner Shop

But you are saying that there is no:

Bottle Shop
Pub

Cheers
Dave
Hi

there is a liquor store attached to Woolworths, no pub though, also inside shopping centre is butchers, chemist and lots of other little stores as popped in there yesterday.

Not that many pubs about