Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Those here in Oz, where do you go on holiday ?

Those here in Oz, where do you go on holiday ?

Old Nov 11th 2007, 8:39 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Those here in Oz, where do you go on holiday ?

Originally Posted by fraser
You'll need a good phsyio and extra beds in the treatment room
And a decent defence.
Old Nov 11th 2007, 8:40 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rosscov1970
my mistake I thought you got married in your 30s.
In any case that makes you a dirty old man, I've seen your request in the lounge.
I got married in my 20's got divorced and then got married again in my 30's......................to the same woman, long story.
Old Nov 11th 2007, 8:42 am
locked in the attic

rosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by walla
I got married in my 20's got divorced and then got married again in my 30's......................to the same woman, long story.
you're clearly a confused individual....alzheimers, per chance?
Old Nov 11th 2007, 8:47 am
Keeping it fairly real

you're clearly a confused individual....alzheimers, per chance?
Well it runs in the family, fortunately I think I'm a bit young to get it yet, although I have seen people at my age contract it.
Old Nov 11th 2007, 8:52 am
locked in the attic

rosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by walla
Well it runs in the family, fortunately I think I'm a bit young to get it yet, although I have seen people at my age contract it.
now you've made me feel bad.
I'm going to shut up and let this get back on topic, bloody hi-jackers.
Old Nov 11th 2007, 8:53 am
Keeping it fairly real

now you've made me feel bad.
I'm going to shut up and let this get back on topic, bloody hi-jackers.
No offence taken
Old Nov 11th 2007, 8:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fraser
We're of to Cairns in January it will be our first family holiday since we arrived nearly 2.5 years ago.

We've not left Victoria although we did drive from Sydney to Brisbane once while on holiday.
We took a while to get out of VIC too, partly due to pregnancies and babies.

But we have now gone to a fair amount of hotspots of VIC apart from the High Country and the Mallee - (!)

We did get to Sydney for a weekend.

We really want to get out camping as soon as the kids can take it.
Old Nov 11th 2007, 8:55 am
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute

We have been to Hamilton Island and loved it. I fancy going to Norfolk Island next I think, or maybe Hong Kong
Old Nov 11th 2007, 8:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Vin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Carrianne
My favourite place is Port Douglas, I just can't stand leaving Four Mile Beach or the Barrier Reef.

I would like to go to the Coco's islands in the Indian ocean as they belong to Oz and seem pretty cheap
I love Port Douglas too I went in 1985, before the Sheraton was built and it was still 'undiscovered'...I thought I was in paradise
Earlier this year we went to Queensland, I had been a few times before but OH hadn't. We stayed in the Legends Hotel in Surfers, a fantasic hotel, and then drove to Noosa where we had another beautiful week
Last year was our 'big' trip. Both of us had special things or places we wanted to see . First 4 days r & r in Hawaii. Then he wanted to see 'Alcatraz'...a freezing cold and windy 5 days. Then on to Las Vegas for 5 days, loved it...and a full day trip to the Grand Canyon (one of my most favourite places I have ever been to). Next he wanted to see 'The Alamo' so it was onto San Antonio. I had been to New Orleans before Katrina and it was sooo unique but I wanted to see it after 'Katrina' ....how heartbreaking. Then off to Memphis, to 'Graceland'...my special piligrimage.
From there to Niagara Falls on the Canadian side, a little bit of a let down and the township is rather daggy.
Next was New York ...fantastic. Then onto the UK and finally Singapore. Arrived home nearly broke but it was worth every cent and second
January 21st off to Adelaide. I would really like to go to Tasmania too

Wherever you are all going, I sincerely hope you have a wonderful time.
Old Nov 11th 2007, 8:58 am

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
Must admit, Tassy is quite high on my agenda, possibly equal to Cairns.

Amsterdam huh??/ your not gonna go n try the HashCakes?
Why coat good gear in confectionary? It'll only make you fat

Oh and I forgot a trip up to Airlie Beach and the Whitsundays, that was a good 'un.

I fancy a trip out to Charleville too to check out the Cosmos Centre but it's not the sort of place you just pass through casually
Old Nov 11th 2007, 10:34 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vim Fuego
Why coat good gear in confectionary? It'll only make you fat

Oh and I forgot a trip up to Airlie Beach and the Whitsundays, that was a good 'un.

I fancy a trip out to Charleville too to check out the Cosmos Centre but it's not the sort of place you just pass through casually
Id love to get a bunch of expats and go to Birdsville races for a cpl of days...

Weird cos i hate horse and dog racing and have never gambled in my life, but have always wanted to go... to this poxy remote place get hammered and sleep in a tent with flies !!!
Old Nov 12th 2007, 2:00 am

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
Id love to get a bunch of expats and go to Birdsville races for a cpl of days...

Weird cos i hate horse and dog racing and have never gambled in my life, but have always wanted to go... to this poxy remote place get hammered and sleep in a tent with flies !!!
Sounds like fun, more of an 'event' thing than the sport of it ... talking of which, I think I'll try to get down to Bathurst one year too, it'll take me back to the days and nights down at Le Mans ...

One year we bought a white leaky Austin Montego (or was it a Maestro?) just for the journey and managed to sell it for more than we paid. Happy days.
Old Nov 12th 2007, 2:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vim Fuego
One year we bought a white leaky Austin Montego (or was it a Maestro?) just for the journey and managed to sell it for more than we paid. Happy days.
That explains the electric problems I had with that bastard car.
Old Nov 12th 2007, 5:29 am
yer twistin mi melons man

johanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nice

We just came back from a weeks holiday on the gold coast.. Took the kids to the usual places, Seaworld, movieworld, dreamworld etc...Wet n wild was fantastic.. We stayed at Magic mountain and had panoramic views of Surfers paradise and beyond. We loved it and would defo go up there again..
www.magicmountain.com.au

Old Nov 12th 2007, 5:47 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

My OH bought our family a trip to Adelaide for my birthday in January so we could visit our friends. We're trying not to leave the country until after we get our citizenship next August. Then I think we'll go to either Maldives or Mauritius. They sound so exotic to us.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.