Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

For those ex Pats already in Oz ?

For those ex Pats already in Oz ?

Old Nov 6th 2006, 4:03 pm
Forum Regular

bluenico is a name known to allbluenico is a name known to allbluenico is a name known to allbluenico is a name known to allbluenico is a name known to allbluenico is a name known to allbluenico is a name known to allbluenico is a name known to allbluenico is a name known to allbluenico is a name known to allbluenico is a name known to all
Default For those ex Pats already in Oz ?

Hi Guys, normally post on the immigration forum, but thought I would call upon anyones experiences alraedy over there !!

Really Low at the Moment, had a CO assigned on 5/10, sent medicals, PCC and requested further info off 26/10........To be told by my agent that CO has been changed as Original one now on Leave !!!

Things seemed to be moving along quite nicely.but now Nothing for 2 weeks, maybe I am becoming Paranoid that new CO is Re-assessing the whole thing, or maybe he just hasn't had the time to look at his new workload.

Any one else had this during their applications............it is so frustrating at this late stage......

Thanks to anyone outhere !!
Old Nov 6th 2006, 10:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: For those ex Pats already in Oz ?

Originally Posted by bluenico
Hi Guys, normally post on the immigration forum, but thought I would call upon anyones experiences alraedy over there !!

Really Low at the Moment, had a CO assigned on 5/10, sent medicals, PCC and requested further info off 26/10........To be told by my agent that CO has been changed as Original one now on Leave !!!

Things seemed to be moving along quite nicely.but now Nothing for 2 weeks, maybe I am becoming Paranoid that new CO is Re-assessing the whole thing, or maybe he just hasn't had the time to look at his new workload.

Any one else had this during their applications............it is so frustrating at this late stage......

Chin up feint heart never won fair lady and all that....

If something is worth having it is worth waiting for

Patience and all that...these things happen - roll with it and you will find things will happen when they ahppen. Believe me - I have been there and done that.......best wishes
Old Nov 6th 2006, 10:21 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

My CO was changed at a late date too....but was reassured that their support worker was following up ....the CO does not do anything until the Meds are returned from the LCU...which takes at least 2 weeks - it is just a case of then passing and granting the Visa....so don't worry...you are nearly there
Old Nov 6th 2006, 10:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

DebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond repute

seems to be the norm, we were waiting ages and ages to find out if we had our visa, we eventually nagged our agent who then told us that our CO was on leave and had now been assigned to a new CO - we had our email saying our visa had been approved a few days later. Makes me wonder how long we would have been waiting if our agent hadn't been nagged to find out what was going on.
Old Nov 7th 2006, 12:06 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I had a change of CO. It is just a waiting game, and it takes as long as it takes unfortunately, and yes, human factors can influence it.

I spoke to the new CO to get an extension on the PCC time, and he told me that the original had gone off on maternity leave, so it's just like any other job for them.

Jut try not to focus on it for every minute of every day, otherwise it becomes the meaning of your very existence, which then becomes alomst sad.

Go out and have a drink with your mates - in 6 months time you won't be able to. Good luck!

S
Old Nov 7th 2006, 5:04 am
Freedom!

Jockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond repute

PHP Code:
Go out and have a drink with your mates in 6 months time you won't be able to. 

This is so true if you are leaving a country for another. I know i have done it many many times. That is unless they come visit you in your new country. Chill man.
Old Nov 14th 2006, 1:50 pm
samosahib

mazharsamo will become famous soon enough

Hi there
I had my case officer on 11/10 done my meds on 18/10 and reached LCU on 30/10. I have not heard any thing from my CO since.
Do you have any idea how long does it usually takes for Grant letter and the evidencing?.