Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

For those considering Tauranga, NZ

For those considering Tauranga, NZ

Old May 19th 2003, 1:09 am
Forum Regular

Slippers is an unknown quantity at this point
Default For those considering Tauranga, NZ

Police in NZ are becoming worried about the number of potentially explosive drug labs they are busting in the suburbs nowadays. Here is one such tale about Tauranga in NZ from today's NZ Herald:

A potentially explosive drug lab has been discovered in suburban Tauranga, raising fears for the safety of people who live nearby.

Drug squad detectives found the clandestine methamphetamine, or speed, laboratory set up inside a cottage beside State Highway 2 in the suburb of Bethlehem on Friday.

The speed lab is the third uncovered by police in the Western Bay of Plenty this year.

Police were increasingly concerned at the number of labs they were finding in built-up areas because of the danger to nearby residents and passing traffic.

The chemicals used to manufacture the drug are volatile and can cause a large explosion.
Old May 19th 2003, 10:31 pm
Forum Regular

sputnikspouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: For those considering Tauranga, NZ

Originally posted by Slippers
Police in NZ are becoming worried about the number of potentially explosive drug labs they are busting in the suburbs nowadays. Here is one such tale about Tauranga in NZ from today's NZ Herald:

A potentially explosive drug lab has been discovered in suburban Tauranga, raising fears for the safety of people who live nearby.

Drug squad detectives found the clandestine methamphetamine, or speed, laboratory set up inside a cottage beside State Highway 2 in the suburb of Bethlehem on Friday.

The speed lab is the third uncovered by police in the Western Bay of Plenty this year.

Police were increasingly concerned at the number of labs they were finding in built-up areas because of the danger to nearby residents and passing traffic.

The chemicals used to manufacture the drug are volatile and can cause a large explosion.
have just spent a couple of hours browsing the posts on the forum and I'm amazed you are in almost every one. It's maybe a good thing you don't have a job you would have no time to do it, and if you don't mind me saying you don't have much that is good to say about anywhere or anyone
you should definatley come back to the uk people like you they need
regards
Old May 19th 2003, 10:42 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: For those considering Tauranga, NZ

Originally posted by sputnikspouse
have just spent a couple of hours browsing the posts on the forum and I'm amazed you are in almost every one. It's maybe a good thing you don't have a job you would have no time to do it, and if you don't mind me saying you don't have much that is good to say about anywhere or anyone
you should definatley come back to the uk people like you they need
regards

It tends to work the other way round. Whilst looking for work, I have time to browse and post.

I am not sure what you mean in saying "you don't have much that is good to say about anywhere or anyone". Who have I been unkind to or insulted?

Recently, I started a thread "Positive observations - NZ" that contains some of the things I like about NZ.

Slippers

Last edited by Slippers; May 19th 2003 at 10:53 pm.
Old May 19th 2003, 10:50 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Slippers....look at it like this.

You are just about to make the most important move of your life. You are choosing where you are going to live for a good chunk of your time here on this little planet.

You have just invested a large amount of time and money in preparing an application to emigrate, and in getting everything in order.

You've chosen NZ, and maybe even Tauranga.

You come to the forum you have been gleanin small snippets of information from, to find yet another pointless profit of doom post regarding the area you chosen.

Do you think anyone would find this constructive? Do you think that this thread would influence anyones decision of where to move in australia?

Or maybe your just another PB wannabe trying to troll up a fight?
Old May 19th 2003, 11:00 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by PeteY
Slippers....look at it like this.

You are just about to make the most important move of your life. You are choosing where you are going to live for a good chunk of your time here on this little planet.

You have just invested a large amount of time and money in preparing an application to emigrate, and in getting everything in order.

You've chosen NZ, and maybe even Tauranga.

You come to the forum you have been gleanin small snippets of information from, to find yet another pointless profit of doom post regarding the area you chosen.

Do you think anyone would find this constructive? Do you think that this thread would influence anyones decision of where to move in australia?

Or maybe your just another PB wannabe trying to troll up a fight?
HERE ! HERE! I COULDN'T HAVE PUT IT BETTER MYSELF.
Perhaps if slippers spent as much time looking for a job instead of dealing out these little snippets of doom He or she might actually GET A LIFE !!
Old May 19th 2003, 11:53 pm
Forum Regular

You pair do realise that every time you respond to one of these things it jumps back to the top of the forum from its previous basement position don't you? I was quite happy to let it go myself.

Slippers
Old May 20th 2003, 12:35 am
Forum Regular

megawho is an unknown quantity at this point

You pair do realise that every time you respond to one of these things it jumps back to the top of the forum from its previous basement position don't you? I was quite happy to let it go myself.

Slippers

Moving this back to the top, just 'cos I feel like it. Hell I'm feeling a bit frisky and dangerous today
Old May 20th 2003, 1:44 am
Forum Regular

Smoko is an unknown quantity at this point

HERE ! HERE! I COULDN'T HAVE PUT IT BETTER MYSELF.
Perhaps if slippers spent as much time looking for a job instead of dealing out these little snippets of doom He or she might actually GET A LIFE !!
Your livin in a dream world mate. Have you really been downunder yet? I think not, am I right? wenever someone says geta life you can bet they havent got one and that you aer
talking to a bore. if you cant take the newspapers what are you gonna do when you come down here? stay in england
Old May 20th 2003, 5:07 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Smoko
Your livin in a dream world mate. Have you really been downunder yet? I think not, am I right? wenever someone says geta life you can bet they havent got one and that you aer
talking to a bore. if you cant take the newspapers what are you gonna do when you come down here? stay in england
You will see that people here are not particularly interested in the down sides of NZ. Trying to point out negatives here is like bashing your head against a brick wall. Post a puff piece and it is called balanced and constructive. Post something criticising NZ or Oz - even straight from the newspaper - and you would think you had put the queen mother's bloomers on a flag pole and shot them with a catapult. I think people come here looking for comfort and when they don't get it they get angry.

Cheers, Slippers
Old May 20th 2003, 5:15 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

You will see that people here are not particularly interested in the down sides of NZ. Trying to point out negatives here is like bashing your head against a brick wall. Post a puff piece and it is called balanced and constructive. Post something criticising NZ or Oz - even straight from the newspaper - and you would think you had put the queen mother's bloomers on a flag pole and shot them with a catapult. I think people come here looking for comfort and when they don't get it they get angry.

Cheers, Slippers
Doesn't sound like this forum, as regards NZ, to me. (might apply more to Aus.) Most people are happy to read personal experiences of NZ, good and bad.

Cheers - Don
Old May 20th 2003, 7:01 am
Forum Regular

jseni01d is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by pleasancefamily
Most people are happy to read personal experiences of NZ, good and bad.

Cheers - Don
Here here.

This board would be very dull and not very useful if it consisted solely of people telling each other how wonderful/beautiful/clean/friendly/sunny/safe etc. NZ was. There are tons of places where I can get positive views like that, including my own memory of visiting there. There are not so many places where I can find "yes, but..." inside info of the kind provided by Slippers et al., and in that sense I thank them for providing a valuable service.

I would, however, suggest that people consider the tone of what they're writing before pressing Submit, especially when the content is negative. It is quite possible to convey negative info without resorting to exaggeration, emotive language or a mocking "what a dump!" tone. The NZ Herald article above is a good example of this.

Bickering on here is usually caused not by whether certain posts are positive or negative but by the way views are expressed.

Cheers,
John
Old May 20th 2003, 6:04 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Smoko
to be able to stay in England I'd have to live there first. You are wrong on both counts
And who rattled your cage anyway
Old May 20th 2003, 10:41 pm
Forum Regular

Smoko is an unknown quantity at this point

to be able to stay in England I'd have to live there first. You are wrong on both counts
And who rattled your cage anyway
you had a crack at that bloke for not having a job so im having a crack at you. You sound like teenager youd last five minutes if you emigrated so Im giving you good advise
Old May 21st 2003, 5:47 am
Forum Regular

tom's mum will become famous soon enoughtom's mum will become famous soon enough

no im actually toms dad.forget oz,and nz,lets talk religion that usually kicks things of nicely.get a grip folks i would hope we are just about inteligent enough to use any info to gain a more balanced view.I as you, hope that this is the move of a lifetime and cant wait to get stuck in in New plymouth, but whilst wearing my rose tinted glasses would like to keep one toe on the ground and some of my witts about me.