Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

To those communting to Brisbane from Caloundra or Maroochydore

To those communting to Brisbane from Caloundra or Maroochydore

Old Aug 30th 2005, 5:36 am
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute
Default To those communting to Brisbane from Caloundra or Maroochydore

I'm thinking of taking a job in the CBD and moving to the Coast. Do you guys drive in, get a bus or get the train from Beerwah/ Landsborough? Plus, how long does it take and how much are you paying?

Thanks,

Paul.
Old Aug 30th 2005, 6:01 am
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: To those communting to Brisbane from Caloundra or Maroochydore

We have a guy working for us who catches the train from Landsborough every day into Brisbane CBD. Think he said it takes 1 hour 20 mins he buys a monthly ticket for $220 (give or take $10). He has no problems with the service always seems pretty reliable.

TT

Originally Posted by diddy
I'm thinking of taking a job in the CBD and moving to the Coast. Do you guys drive in, get a bus or get the train from Beerwah/ Landsborough? Plus, how long does it take and how much are you paying?

Thanks,

Paul.
Old Aug 30th 2005, 6:08 am
ABCDiamond

You can check the exact fares and timetables at: http://www.citytrain.com.au/plan_you...able_fares.asp

You get one ticket from start to finish and it covers participating buses, QR Citytrain and Brisbane City Council (BCC) ferries within the network.

Old Aug 30th 2005, 6:18 am
Absinthe Minded

Del Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by diddy

Thanks,

Paul.
I have to Drive from Kawana Waters to Brisbane every so often, usually coming back in peak time ( leaving Brisbane at 4 or 5 O'clock) and would never consider working in Brisbane and commuting from here. It can easily take 2 or 2 1/2 hours and is a total nightmare. Roadworks are on again at the moment, so even worse. If you have to commute, catch a train.
Old Aug 30th 2005, 6:27 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

Those trains are not like British Rail Trains - so might be worth you doing the journey dry-run .

The commute for me on the train is 55 minutes which I thought was easy after my daily waterloo commutes in UK. But its a nightmare the seats are awful, its too cramped to do any work, you cant get coffee/eat/drink on the thing. Its crowded (ok not as bad as the 0722 to waterloo). They are air-conditioned though so thats good.

After about 1 week of it I gave up and am now about to buy a car and drive for an hour instead.
Old Aug 30th 2005, 6:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

The traffic gets bad at North Lakes/Mango hill area which is just north of brisbane, about a dozen huge commuter belt housing estates all pour out onto the highway there.

Thats why most hop on the train at Caboolture, drive there, park for free, well it was last time I went there, and as others have said train is cheap, much cheaper than parking in the city. Partner is working in Caboolture takes him 25 mins but he does leave early, construction so about 6 am.