Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Thornlands, Brisbane

Thornlands, Brisbane

Old Dec 31st 2007, 5:15 pm
Forum Regular

martynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nice
Default Thornlands, Brisbane

Hi,

hope you (anyone) can help me.

We're moving to Thornlands (or Wello Point/Ormiston) type areas in the New Year and I ewas wondering whether it's easier to drive maybe 20 mins inland from Thornlands and catch a train up into Brisbane Central. Ot to drive a smaller amount to Clevland and get the 55 min train up the coastal train ride in to brissie that way.....

any ideas ?

btw, happy new year to everyone on the forum.
Old Dec 31st 2007, 7:53 pm
Just enjoying being here

rebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud of
Default Re: Thornlands, Brisbane

Happy New Year - torrential rain today here in Thornlands!

Anyway this thread below has some of the info you are looking for:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...le#post5600649
Old Jan 1st 2008, 12:50 am
Kevin and Tracy

kevinandtracy is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Thornlands, Brisbane

Hi there and happy new year to all.
I live in Thornlands and catch the train into Southbank every weekday from Ormiston, I would rather do that than drive, way to hard, to many cars and way to many race car drivers. I find it just as quick on the train.

All the best
Kev
Old Jan 1st 2008, 12:50 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

Where are you hoping to catch a train inland? I can't see anything on the Beenlieigh line (heading North South) that would be worth driving to from Thornlands. You're probably better off making the short drive to Cleveland, it's really not that far.

You might want to check the bus schedules as well. You might find that it would be faster on a bus. Just a thought. When we moved to Capalaba we assumed the quickest way to get to the CBD would be to drive to the train station, it turns out the bus is faster and has better times.
Old Jan 1st 2008, 12:54 am
DownUnder

datamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond repute

Depends on what side of thornlands etc. Either

1) catch a bus to capalaba , and then city bus.
2) Drive to cleveland/ormiston to catch the train
3) Drive to garden city or eight mile plain and catch express bus

I go for 3, as the 111,162 buses go every 5 mins, so I can go/come back when the job suits. Takes 25 mins to drive to eight mile plains
Old Jan 1st 2008, 10:13 am
Forum Regular

martynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nice

Originally Posted by datamile
Depends on what side of thornlands etc. Either

1) catch a bus to capalaba , and then city bus.
2) Drive to cleveland/ormiston to catch the train
3) Drive to garden city or eight mile plain and catch express bus

I go for 3, as the 111,162 buses go every 5 mins, so I can go/come back when the job suits. Takes 25 mins to drive to eight mile plains
Many thanks to everyone that responded.

I think the capalaba bus or the cleveland train will do me just fine then.

Wishing you all a happy new year and can't wait to get out to the sunshine......cos guess what...........it's grey, damp and cold.

Martyn
Old Jan 1st 2008, 10:39 am
DownUnder

datamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond repute

Been raining here in thornlands since boxing day, and expected for another 7 days !