British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Thinking of moving to Wynnum, Brisbane! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/thinking-moving-wynnum-brisbane-575153/)

Dubaimover Nov 25th 2008 3:34 pm

Thinking of moving to Wynnum, Brisbane!

Hi,

Can anyone tell me what Wynnum, S.E. Brisbane is like. And do you Know the Guardian Angel's Primary school? Is it average, good or excellent?

One of the possible areas we are looking at moving late January 09.

Does anyone have any other suggestions? We want to be no more than 30 mins from South Brisbane area of the city.

One child school age, one Kindergarden & a baby. Need childcare & nice safe area to live parks, supermarket etc.

Near the coast if poss,

Thanks Dubaimover

ABCDiamond Nov 26th 2008 1:49 am

Re: Thinking of moving to Wynnum, Brisbane!

Originally Posted by Dubaimover (Post 7008431)
Hi,

Can anyone tell me what Wynnum, S.E. Brisbane is like. And do you Know the Guardian Angel's Primary school? Is it average, good or excellent?

Does anyone have any other suggestions? We want to be no more than 30 mins from South Brisbane area of the city.

One child school age, one Kindergarden & a baby. Need childcare & nice safe area to live parks, supermarket etc.

Near the coast if poss,

Thanks Dubaimover

It is a great area :)

I have heard someone mention Guardian Angel's Primary school in Wynnum, and I think it was a positive comment.

Stitch Nov 26th 2008 7:39 am

Hi,

Near the coast if poss,

Thanks Dubaimover

Hi,

Know a couple of peeps whose kids go there. Private catholic school with good rep. We stayed in Manly West when we first came over for about 18 months then moved to Wellington Point. Finally bought a place in Alexandra Hills and move just before Christmas! Rental prices vary within the Bayside and also for buying. Depends a lot on what you want and what's you're budget. PM me if you want to know any more.

Cheers

Ginny

bobbyftm Nov 26th 2008 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by Stitch (Post 7010710)
Hi,

Know a couple of peeps whose kids go there. Private catholic school with good rep. We stayed in Manly West when we first came over for about 18 months then moved to Wellington Point. Finally bought a place in Alexandra Hills and move just before Christmas! Rental prices vary within the Bayside and also for buying. Depends a lot on what you want and what's you're budget. PM me if you want to know any more.

Cheers

Ginny

Hey Ginny congratulations on the house buy !:sneaky:

spadgersdad Nov 27th 2008 9:33 am

Hi
We live in Thornlands which is also on the Bayside . All the coastal areas down from Wynnum to Redland Bay are pretty good areas.All the areas from Cleveland up have their own train station direct into the city.I travel to Rocklea which is one of the suburbs on the southside and it takes 30mins at 6am and 45mins to return at 4pm.

Stitch Nov 28th 2008 11:03 am

Originally Posted by bobbyftm (Post 7011623)
Hey Ginny congratulations on the house buy !:sneaky:

Thanks Bobby!

Boxing day bash at ours if you guys are free.:thumbsup:

Cheers

Ginny

Ian & Sharon Nov 28th 2008 10:45 pm

We live at Point Halloran near Victoria Point, best move we did.
I work near the PA Hospital in the city and it takes 40 minutes, there are new dual carriageways going in which should take the time down a bit!

agentyumi Nov 29th 2008 12:02 pm

My employer’s 2 daughters are studying in Guardian Angel's Primary school right now. It’s a private catholic school; I had been in that school and the place is nice. There are lots of positive remarks too. The daughters of my employer are polite and excelled in their lessons.

Dubaimover Nov 29th 2008 6:53 pm

Thanks for all the advice guys. Very new to this online chat!:unsure:

bobbyftm Nov 30th 2008 10:54 am

Originally Posted by Stitch (Post 7018246)
Thanks Bobby!

Boxing day bash at ours if you guys are free.:thumbsup:

Cheers

Ginny

Drat!Drat! & Triple Drat !! We're off to sunny Cairns over Crimbo Ginny so wont be able to make it unfortunately:( Thanks for the offer anyways ;) Guess i'll just have to celebrate my birthday without you guys!!:thumbdown:

Brisben Nov 30th 2008 7:58 pm

Hi,

Near the coast if poss,

Thanks Dubaimover

I lived in Wynnum West for 9 months, the neighbouring suburb.

It is a nice place, close to the water and the waterside parks.

They have a shopping area also.

Wynnum central is quite expensive as far as property goes.

To me it seems like a lot of old people live there, however with it comes a very relaxed and laid back feel, which is nice.

You have good access to the main motorway and the city.

Know nothing of ths school.

It's a good choice.

katamina Nov 30th 2008 8:45 pm

Wynnum's really nice! Just moved to Lota, just down the road - have to keep pinching myself that I now live somewhere sooooo lovely & just round the corner from the sea!

No idea about schools as I don't do kids.

Stitch Dec 1st 2008 5:54 am

Originally Posted by bobbyftm (Post 7022859)
Drat!Drat! & Triple Drat !! We're off to sunny Cairns over Crimbo Ginny so wont be able to make it unfortunately:( Thanks for the offer anyways ;) Guess i'll just have to celebrate my birthday without you guys!!:thumbdown:

Awwwwwww never mind we shall have to arrange another date to celebrate your birthday!

Cheers

Ginny :thumbsup: