Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

thinking of moving to oz brisbane i think

thinking of moving to oz brisbane i think

Old Sep 19th 2007, 9:30 am
Just Joined

emilywagstaff is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile thinking of moving to oz brisbane i think

hi there i am emily 24 wife mother to two girls ages 5 and 3 hubby is a chef we are thinking of taking the plunge and moving to australia. just wondering if anyone had any advice. we have started to research things on the internet and have been in touch with a migration agent think that will cost a lot of money to do it that way any experiences please let me know before we hand any money over also any help on what the schools are like and how hard/easy it is to find a job and accomadation. look forward to hearing from many people thanks again emily .
Old Sep 19th 2007, 9:44 am
BE Enthusiast

scotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to all
Default Re: thinking of moving to oz brisbane i think

Its a long slog and expensive whatever way you do it! I would look at your husband qualifications - did he learn on the job or has he got lots of nice certificates? I think getting his skills okay'ed may be the hardest part, so you might want to go for an agent for this part, and do the rest yourself. If you have a look on the immigration section you can see lots of people who've done it themselves. Try a search (on pink bar above) to find out others experiences. Have a good look around the immigration website www.immi.gov.au/ and see what you think.

And good luck!
Old Sep 19th 2007, 9:54 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by scotlandtooz
Its a long slog and expensive whatever way you do it! I would look at your husband qualifications - did he learn on the job or has he got lots of nice certificates? I think getting his skills okay'ed may be the hardest part, so you might want to go for an agent for this part, and do the rest yourself. If you have a look on the immigration section you can see lots of people who've done it themselves. Try a search (on pink bar above) to find out others experiences. Have a good look around the immigration website www.immi.gov.au/ and see what you think.

And good luck!
my husband did his nvq 2 so he does have the certificates but he did it whilst he was working and was assesed by his tutor so we will see how messy it gets thanks for replying.
Old Sep 19th 2007, 10:25 am
Forum Regular

brissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond repute

I didnt bother with an agent as they wanted 1500 quid, where my visa only costs £80 if i process it myself. My visa is a little less complicated though as I am married to a NZ citizen, so I dont have to list skills etc or need sponsorship.

Basically just prove im happily married and not a crim!

Were heading to Brisbane too, really looking forward to it.

Most folk seem to love it but dont be put off if you read a few posts of folk who dont like it. Thats just normal with any city in the world.

Cheers

jamie
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 12:37 pm
Forum Regular

Demented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really nice

Originally Posted by emilywagstaff
hi there i am emily 24 wife mother to two girls ages 5 and 3 hubby is a chef we are thinking of taking the plunge and moving to australia. just wondering if anyone had any advice. we have started to research things on the internet and have been in touch with a migration agent think that will cost a lot of money to do it that way any experiences please let me know before we hand any money over also any help on what the schools are like and how hard/easy it is to find a job and accomadation. look forward to hearing from many people thanks again emily .
Hi Emily we emigrated 2 years ago from Mansfeild I'm sure you've heard of the place. You need to really reserch as much as you can before your trip, were happy with area and school but most poms find settling into work the hardest. The trip does cost alot i,;m sure the whole package with agents, pension transfers, shipping , loss of earnings etc cost us about 10 grand. It is worth it if you like blue skies everyday. Property does seem to be still be shooting up so the the longer you leave it the tougher it gets . The kids thrive on life out here, and we don't do to bad out of it either. Hope your decisions are good ones. Dale
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 12:49 pm
sub
Forum Regular

sub will become famous soon enoughsub will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Demented Ferret
Hi Emily we emigrated 2 years ago from Mansfeild I'm sure you've heard of the place. You need to really reserch as much as you can before your trip, were happy with area and school but most poms find settling into work the hardest. The trip does cost alot i,;m sure the whole package with agents, pension transfers, shipping , loss of earnings etc cost us about 10 grand. It is worth it if you like blue skies everyday. Property does seem to be still be shooting up so the the longer you leave it the tougher it gets . The kids thrive on life out here, and we don't do to bad out of it either. Hope your decisions are good ones. Dale
Hi Im waiting for visa at mo 136 modl! You said Mansfield thats where im from originally! Im 32, which school were you at?
Susan
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 1:02 pm
Forum Regular

Demented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really nice

Originally Posted by sub
Hi Im waiting for visa at mo 136 modl! You said Mansfield thats where im from originally! Im 32, which school were you at?
Susan
Manor in woodhouse I'm 33 what about you
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 1:23 pm
sub
Forum Regular

Manor in woodhouse I'm 33 what about you
All Saints in Mansfield! Know Woodhouse well used to work there!
Which do you prefer - Woodhouse or Bris?

Am jealous cant wait to get out there!

Susan
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 1:31 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sub
All Saints in Mansfield! Know Woodhouse well used to work there!
Which do you prefer - Woodhouse or Bris?

Am jealous cant wait to get out there!

Susan
No comparisson Susan, we love out here , do you have kids. We have a boy aged 12,he speaks fluent aussie. If You thinking of moving to oz, we have just started a small short term accom business for new migrents for there first few weeks when arriving. When do you think you,ll be here. Let me know if you wanna see our web site . Dale
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 2:57 pm
sub
Forum Regular

No comparisson Susan, we love out here , do you have kids. We have a boy aged 12,he speaks fluent aussie. If You thinking of moving to oz, we have just started a small short term accom business for new migrents for there first few weeks when arriving. When do you think you,ll be here. Let me know if you wanna see our web site . Dale
Great! glad you liking it! Got 2 girls (7 and 4)
We are moving mid 2008, but going to Adelaide, thanks anyway!
Susan
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 3:23 pm
Forum Regular

Edwards family is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

I would be interested in your website as we are relocating end of Oct beginning of Nov. Please could you let me have the details.

Thanks
Kim
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 4:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

lyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Edwards family
Hi

I would be interested in your website as we are relocating end of Oct beginning of Nov. Please could you let me have the details.

Thanks
Kim

me too
c xx
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 6:01 pm
Just Joined

we would be interested in the website even though we won't be going for a while yet. how strange is that my hubby lived in mansfield till he was about 20 or so he went to brunts school . we are trying to gather as much info as possible we sarted the process this week so have a way to go yet thanks in advance em
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 8:51 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by emilywagstaff
we would be interested in the website even though we won't be going for a while yet. how strange is that my hubby lived in mansfield till he was about 20 or so he went to brunts school . we are trying to gather as much info as possible we sarted the process this week so have a way to go yet thanks in advance em
Have sent PM to all who requested. Cheers.
Old Oct 4th 2007, 7:45 am
Forum Regular

brissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond repute

Hi demented ferrett

Could ypu PM me your website as well

many thanks

Jamie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.