Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Thinking on moving to Melbourne....

Thinking on moving to Melbourne....

Old Jan 7th 2010, 5:05 pm
Just Joined

Kirstato is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Thinking on moving to Melbourne....

Hi everyone I hope someone can help me out with a few questions regarding me and my fiance moving to Oz.
We currently live in the UK however I have the oppertunity of a job opening in Melbourne Australia so we are thinking of taking the leap but we are not 100% regarding the Visa process.
My fiance doesn't meet any of the skilled trades required, would this seriously affect a joint application or can this be a joint application with us only being engaged?

Thanks
Old Jan 7th 2010, 5:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Thinking on moving to Melbourne....

Originally Posted by Kirstato
Hi everyone I hope someone can help me out with a few questions regarding me and my fiance moving to Oz.
We currently live in the UK however I have the oppertunity of a job opening in Melbourne Australia so we are thinking of taking the leap but we are not 100% regarding the Visa process.
My fiance doesn't meet any of the skilled trades required, would this seriously affect a joint application or can this be a joint application with us only being engaged?

Thanks
Assuming you satisfy the requirements of a defacto relationship, then OH can just come on your visa and no it would not matter whether his occupation is on the skills list or not.
Old Jan 7th 2010, 6:45 pm
Just Joined

Kirstato is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Thinking on moving to Melbourne....

Hey that's a brilliant help, we have just started looking into this and have never came across that. Thanks

kirsty