Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Thinking of moving to Helensvale, Gold Coast

Thinking of moving to Helensvale, Gold Coast

Old Feb 2nd 2012, 1:43 am
BE Forum Addict

sassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Thinking of moving to Helensvale, Gold Coast

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Very remote?
This made me laugh too Moneypenny. Even though I live about 28 k's from my work in Nerang (which is on the Gold Coast who those that didn't know), I get home a hell of a lot quicker than some of my colleagues who live at Southport, Ashmore and Robina. That sort of remoteness I can cope with!
Old Feb 2nd 2012, 4:18 am
Decreased member

Carbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond repute

Another option is where we live - Carrara. Nerang Railway Station is close but probably not walkable (2 large,free car parks) only 5 minutes to the highway, its a more established area with houses on larger plots and streets that 2 cars can pass by with ease. On a lot of newer estates the houses are so close together youcan hear what the neighbours are watching on TV and smell their dinner cooking
My daughter commutes to UQ and reports that she usually gets a seat going up but stands returning as she gets on/off at Park Rd.
checkout EmeraldLakes lots of rentals / development...
Old Feb 2nd 2012, 8:25 am
BE Enthusiast

itxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks guys for the comments. I think our heart is set on Helensvale as its an established suburb and at the bottom of discovery drive is quite lively - near the primary school, helensvale plaza and the westfield.

Yes I hear you all about the commute. I think we need to try it a couple of times for sure. As goldchoccycoin and coldbeer have said there's a big difference between getting a seat and being crushed standing up. While I said it'll be cool to relax if you're standing up for an hour with no room that'll be pretty shite