Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

thinking of moving to Brisbane

Old Aug 7th 2006, 9:13 am
IS VICK THERE

foopsy has much to be proud offoopsy has much to be proud offoopsy has much to be proud offoopsy has much to be proud offoopsy has much to be proud offoopsy has much to be proud offoopsy has much to be proud offoopsy has much to be proud offoopsy has much to be proud offoopsy has much to be proud offoopsy has much to be proud of
Default thinking of moving to Brisbane

Loads of Qs are swimming around in my head - so I am going to post them as they occur.

Is it true that neighbours in Oz are very noisy??

Any input greatly appreciated.

thank you
Old Aug 7th 2006, 9:33 am
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: thinking of moving to Brisbane

Good move.

Originally Posted by foopsy
Depends on the neighbours I guess, people tend to entertain outside so maybe you can just hear them a bit more.

Land here is getting really small so I guess that would make noise from next door more of a problem.
Old Aug 7th 2006, 9:45 am
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

Loads of Qs are swimming around in my head - so I am going to post them as they occur.

thank you
I think I can say without generalisation that, yes, they are ... all of them.

See you in a week.
Old Aug 7th 2006, 10:29 am
Forum Regular

haggisUK will become famous soon enough

we must be on the quietest suburb ever then, cause we never see our neighbours, never mind hear them (except next door's air con/heating unit!).
Old Aug 7th 2006, 10:36 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

thank you
Is it true that the neighbours in the UK are noisy?

Different country, same neighbourly habits
Old Aug 7th 2006, 10:39 am
BE Enthusiast

wintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to all

great place cant understand mine they all chinese! :scared:
Old Aug 7th 2006, 11:23 am
BE Forum Addict

The Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond repute

thank you
On many of the new build estates, plots can be small and houses large - so they can be very close together. Combine that with poor sound insulation in many houses. In our estate there are a lot of dogs also. We have chalk and cheese direct neighbours. Hardly see one side - very quiet and nice - only thing we hear is their auto garage door (as it's about a foot away from our bedroom!). Otherside are complete ******* - lots of trouble with them as they have regular band practice in their garage - they might as well be playing in our living room.

I would suggest having a good look around the neighbourhood and talk to the residents (we've done that in the area we are moving to). If we had thought of asking our not so nice neighbours before we moved in, they would have told us to 'get off our ******g land' which would have saved us a lot of hassle
Old Aug 7th 2006, 11:33 am
BE Enthusiast

BillnLinz has a spectacular aura aboutBillnLinz has a spectacular aura aboutBillnLinz has a spectacular aura about

Not much double glazing in Oz, not in Queensland anyway!! so any noise is exagerated by that fact.

We had a guy build a house across the road from us, in an otherwise full street, not a pleasant experience hearing a nail gun go off at 6.00 - 6.30 every morning for 3 months, especially when the windows are open because its so bl**dy hot, if they were shut it would be worse than the nail gun!!

Sleep easy
Old Aug 7th 2006, 1:17 pm
Cheesy Member

DagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond repute

Ours probably think so.

Cheers,

DagBoy