Reload this Page >

Thinking of move

Thinking of move

Old Sep 21st 2009, 1:21 pm
Just Joined

fenno is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Thinking of move

Forget money, jobs, homesicknes.
Is life in oz generally better than in uk for a family and why(why not)?
Old Sep 21st 2009, 5:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

bluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to all
Default Re: Thinking of move

I can only answer for myself, but yes, it is better than the UK IMO, nice weather obviously ( which makes a huge difference on how you feel) space, no over crowding,lovely views, mostly nice ppl, a way of life that is extremely worthy of the whole palava of upping sticks & moving so far away from all you know!

Bluekipper
Old Sep 21st 2009, 9:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

ezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond repute

Absolutely depends on the type of family you are.
If you just want sun, surf, bbq's, laid back lifestyle, happy kids, then yes, Australia has it.

If you want family outings to interesting places, be around people who have a bit of life in them and enjoy culture and history, then no. Avoid at all costs!

Originally Posted by fenno
Old Sep 21st 2009, 11:13 pm
Banned

mohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to behold

There is no yes or no answer to " is life better in OZ" some will find life alot better ,some will find it alot worse, others find it pity much the same, It all depends on individual circumstances.

Last edited by mohogony; Sep 21st 2009 at 11:16 pm.
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 12:06 am
Banned

Lord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, no, maybe.

Depends on what you are looking for from life.
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 12:17 am
BE Forum Addict

ezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe tell us what you're looking for in life, and we'll (in our personal opinion) give you an idea whether you'll find it.

Old Sep 22nd 2009, 2:18 am
BE Enthusiast

The Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud of

After experiencing Oz, I'd feel guilty bringing up a family in the UK. Even I hated Oz I think I'd stay for the sake of any future children.
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 2:29 am
Banned

Lord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Flintstones
After experiencing Oz, I'd feel guilty bringing up a family in the UK. Even I hated Oz I think I'd stay for the sake of any future children.
Strange comment.

Why would you stay if you hated it?

Last edited by Lord_Farquar; Sep 22nd 2009 at 2:33 am.
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 2:55 am
BE Enthusiast

The Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Lord_Farquar
Strange comment.

Why would you stay if you hated it?
I would sacrifice present emotion and get over my own feelings if I knew I was benefiting the welfare of family. But hey, I love it and find it hard that to believe that a balanced person could ever dislike this country to such a degree since its so similar to the other developed countries, especially the UK.

Last edited by The Flintstones; Sep 22nd 2009 at 3:02 am.
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 2:56 am
Banned

I would sacrifice and get over my own feelings if I knew I was benefiting the welfare of family.
Why are your family better off though? Especially if you are miserable.
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 3:21 am
BE Forum Addict

The Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ezzie
Absolutely depends on the type of family you are.
If you just want sun, surf, bbq's, laid back lifestyle, happy kids, then yes, Australia has it.

If you want family outings to interesting places, be around people who have a bit of life in them and enjoy culture and history, then no. Avoid at all costs!
We enjoy ALL of the above
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 3:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Why are your family better off though? Especially if you are miserable.
I'm not saying someone should lead a life of depression. If someone hates something, this isn't necessarily permanent. I'm just saying the countries are so similar you could only really dislike a few minor and specific things. In this case you could apply mind over matter to change your state of present feelings by using sympathy, education(learn to like), ignorance, etc.

When it comes down to specifics, each country has many things better and worse than the other. So I think you can only really focus on the core specifics, such as health, safety, well being, lifestyle and education, probably in that order. Quite debatable but I think Oz would win 4-1 on a good day, that's 4x better, there you have it, mathematical proof that Oz is 300% better than the UK for families

Last edited by The Flintstones; Sep 22nd 2009 at 3:37 am.
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 3:45 am
Banned

I'm not saying someone should lead a life of depression. If someone hates something, this isn't necessarily permanent. I'm just saying the countries are so similar you could only really dislike a few minor and specific things. In this case you could apply mind over matter to change your state of present feelings by using sympathy, education(learn to like), ignorance, etc.

When it comes down to specifics, each country has many things better and worse than the other. So I think you can only really focus on the core specifics, such as health, safety, well being, lifestyle and education, probably in that order. Quite debatable but I think Oz would win 4-1 on a good day, that's 4x better, there you have it, mathematical proof that Oz is 300% better than the UK for families
Good for you, I am pleased you are happy.

I have no kids and as a young professional the Sunshine Coast does not really appeal to me. But each to their own.
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 4:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Good for you, I am pleased you are happy.

I have no kids and as a young professional the Sunshine Coast does not really appeal to me. But each to their own.
Yes, I'd imagine most young professionals would prefer else where.
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 7:18 am
Just Joined

fenno is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ezzie
Maybe tell us what you're looking for in life, and we'll (in our personal opinion) give you an idea whether you'll find it.
Nicer lifestyle, like sun, beach anything that makes the kids happy (8yrs,6yrs) not that they are not happy now cos they are but wondering if ther is something better out there for us all