Reload this Page >

Thinking about it!!

Thinking about it!!

Old Apr 28th 2003, 12:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Atticus will become famous soon enough
Question Thinking about it!!

Hi

Alan (my fiance) and I are seriously considering emigrating. Currently at the research stage and are thinking of doing the paperwork in July 2003. Have been on this site and found lots of useful comments and its been nice to see/read the level of support for all those in the process or considering.

We are thinking about going under the skilled migration as Alan's is a hairdresser (gentleman's barber) and his trade is on the list as one of the mosted wanted. Although Alan currently has two businesses here in the UK, he is thinking of selling them but does not wish to start up a business straightaway when he is in Oz. Is it better then for him to go under the skilled migration or should he go under business migration? Not sure I think its Skilled?

Also Im qualified as a solicitor here in the UK and have been practicing for 1 year now how easy is it to convert/requalify we are considering living in Perth. I have been trying to find out this information but no luck so far.

Any feed back would be gratefully appreciated.

Regards

Rizalan
Old Apr 28th 2003, 6:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

r.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant future

i personally would go for stni in hairdresing to one of the 3 states currently involved with the scheme..

this will reduce the hassle of business mig. and be cheaper too

when i first enquired about business mig the guy from south australia house in london said

"it -business migration-can be a real pain forms money req'd to invest etc etc etc , as you are in a high demand skill just go for stni it's easier and quicker..."

I would start by gathering together all the necessary info for a trades assessment as red'd for skilled mig. (this will normally take between 2-4 months alone.

i assume he has got reconised training etc in h.d + many years of experience..

apply for tra and then in july you will be ready to complete the application form

tra is 'for life' -

or in reality till you are 45. so once you have it you can wiat -for years if necessary- before applying

do not underestimate how long these things take to complete..tra/meds/policechecks etc etc

most -if not all- will attest to the fact that it took twice+ as long as expected!!

in my own case i 'assumed' i could complete the tra info needed in about 2 weeks then get it sent off and passed..say 4-6 weeks total -sorted

it took nearly 5 months start to finish (and I got my assessment rushed through in two weeks)

-see 'bomerang' for her experience of the TRA!!!

don't wait till july to start if you don't need to..

unless ,of course, you are really not in any sort of hurry...

cheers

richard
Old Apr 29th 2003, 9:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Atticus will become famous soon enough

Hi just read your message.

Thanks for the advice I think I will do as you suggest and start the ball rolling with regards to tra etc. Alan definitely has the necessary experience and qualifications so should be ok. Im trying to contact the Legal Board in WA to find out about my qualifications being recognised.

Where do I find out which three states? Dont seem to have that - which is surprising since I have collected that many websites, paperwork etc on the subject that Im in danger of being drowned in it so had better get organised.

Thanks for your response. Hope its all going well for you.

Regards

rizalan