Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Things you DON'T like about Oz?

Things you DON'T like about Oz?

Old Jul 11th 2004, 3:11 pm
Forum Regular

bonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant future

Originally posted by Loopy
Alcohol on a sunday eh? Not that I'd know anything about this subject at all you understand. The grog shop at Merriwa opns on a sunday, not too far from O Reef.

Loopy (never been there myself of course!)
Well thanks for that loopy,ill check it out on A to Z,its a bit late now ,and ive learned my lesson Buy enough for the WHOLE weekend ha ha Im drinking vodka wi the kids squash ha ha its not too bad thats all thats left
natasha
Old Jul 11th 2004, 3:21 pm
Down Under and Lovin It

Jacko1 will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by bonza69
Ellonbrook is really nice ,we have friends there,how ever we love ocean reef,its just that its very exspensive,and if we went to ellonbrook we vould get double 4 our money,but money may make the world go round ,but it dunt buy u happiness,we went out yesterday to look at Quinns rock,jundilee,ellonbrook and carramar,there all lovely and a bit cheaper (land ) we even put r name on some land in carramar(carramar heights) but as we were driving back into ocean reef ,We looked at each other and said NAH We love it here and would rather have a small house in a location that WE love,it feels good every time we come home from a day out,kids love it,and there in school,we rent at mo,and although its gonna be dificult finding a place in our $,we,d rather stay and hopefully buy,
Joondalup is very nice also not very far from us and some parts are lovelly,carramar is at the end of joondalup drive an a lot of building going on,so it could be worth a look there.Its down to personal preferences,and ocean reef is ours.....
natasha

Thanks for that, I guess our ceiling will be around AUD$400K
from what I have seen Ellenbrook prices are $250-$300K

Will look at Ocean Reef on NET

Ta

PJ
Old Jul 11th 2004, 3:44 pm
Forum Regular

bonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant futurebonza69 has a brilliant future

Originally posted by Jacko1
Thanks for that, I guess our ceiling will be around AUD$400K
from what I have seen Ellenbrook prices are $250-$300K

Will look at Ocean Reef on NET

Ta

PJ
Our friend bought land 8 months ago in ellon brook,then built(750 m2)And all in all it was about $300.000,in ocean reef ud be lucky to find land availble,we found a plot today 553m2 and it was $215.000 so it just shows price wise,however im sure ud get a better investment return in ocean reef.Iluka is very nice but VERY exspensive,we will hold on a bit longer and hope to get established here in Ocean Reef.
Good luck and if u want more info just pm me.
natasha
Old Jul 11th 2004, 5:27 pm
kong

Did not like the racist, yobbish element of the country. Even a well known Aussie agreed with me

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...09/wthug09.xml

Old Jul 11th 2004, 5:41 pm
Down Under and Lovin It

Originally posted by kong
Did not like the racist, yobbish element of the country. Even a well known Aussie agreed with me

Has this got anything to do with htis post/thread?

PJ
Old Jul 11th 2004, 5:44 pm
Forum Regular

Dolphingirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Change the heading and it could also read UK, it's why many are leaving it.
Old Jul 11th 2004, 6:17 pm
kong

Originally posted by Jacko1
Has this got anything to do with htis post/thread?

PJ
Well I thought that the thread was"things I do not like about Aus"?

I dislike the racist, parochial inwards looking nature of the place.
Thought you may find the link useful, as it shows that I am not just ranting. This problem of this is even noted by the country's PM.Seems facts about Aus are not welcome on this forum.

Old Jul 11th 2004, 6:31 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Thought you may find the link useful, as it shows that I am not just ranting. This problem of this is even noted by the country's PM.Seems facts about Aus are not welcome on this forum.

I would have thought that if the majority of Australians were racist, then Pauline Hanson would now be the Prime Minister...
Old Jul 11th 2004, 6:41 pm
Down Under and Lovin It

Kong,

Point taken, unlike some I do find your posts "interesting" I to have spent a lot of time in Australia and have to say that some things that you say are indeed true. However they are also in most cases true of the UK and many other countries in the world.

On balance though, I personally prefer Australia to the UK.

Everyone is entitled to thier own views.

PJ
Old Jul 11th 2004, 8:18 pm
Forum Regular

Bella will become famous soon enough

How come when Kong posted his thoughts on what he doesn't like in Oz, which was definitely relevant to a thread entitled, 'what you don't like about Oz' some felt the need to challenge his post & comment on his posts generally & yet other posts are accepted for what they are - i.e. comments on what some folk don't like about Oz???????
Old Jul 11th 2004, 8:24 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Bella
How come when Kong posted his thoughts on what he doesn't like in Oz, which was definitely relevant to a thread entitled, 'what you don't like about Oz' some felt the need to challenge his post & comment on his posts generally & yet other posts are accepted for what they are - i.e. comments on what some folk don't like about Oz???????

There were some comments made about the very first post of this thread, regarding the traffic.

I just had an opinion regarding one certain part of kongs post and felt I would voice it, just as he voices his.

~shrugs~
Old Jul 11th 2004, 9:01 pm
Poe
Just Joined

Poe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Things you DON'T like about Oz?

Originally posted by chippy
Are you in Aus Poe?
Thanks for the answers so far.

I'm in Finland ... hopefully will be in Brisbane by the end of the year.

Poe
Old Jul 11th 2004, 9:15 pm
ACE
BE Forum Addict

ACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond repute

I take your point Kong but this is identical to the recent crisis tainting English footie. I don't know if this is so much a reflection of either country per say, after all sports personalities represent a small percentage of the population, rather a reflection of the yobbish culture pervading certain sports.

ACE
Old Jul 11th 2004, 10:01 pm
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough

They aren't necessarily facts. There's always three sides to things, your side, mine and the truth. I'd know more about Australia than you ever would, but a lot of stuff I can dig up to slam Australia with may not be a bad thing to other people. And I can dig up a lot.
Old Jul 11th 2004, 11:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

darkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant future

Originally posted by bonza69
Oh well ,people have told us that WA=Wait Awhile,ha ha Its very laid back,and we r just getting used it,that still does not stop the fact that we ran out of beer at 6pm
And we wanted more,so if any1 knows of a place near ocean reef that sells alchol on a sunday then we would be very interested to know wear !!!!
natasha
Ps,we r not alcholics

Hi Bonza

I was out in April validating visas - we arrived on a sunday and stayed in edgewater with poms in perth - first question when then met us at the airport (well almost first) was where can i buy beer at 7pm on a Sunday evening.

They pointed us to the bottle shop in edgewater which was open until 8pm on Sunday. It is the one next to the Moon and Sixpence British Pub.

I know this isn't exactly walking distance from OR, but in a car is probably only 10-15 mins

Cheers
Dave

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.