Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

things we won't miss

things we won't miss

Old Aug 29th 2002, 9:05 am
  #1  
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
abergas's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Location: Port Kennedy WA
Posts: 556
abergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud of
Default things we won't miss

Hi guys thought I would do a thread on what we won't miss,

I won't miss people asking if we have heard anything yet!!!!!

Or you must be really fed up of all this waiting!!!!!!!

OF COURSE WE ARE!!!!!!!

see ya Yve
abergas is offline  
Old Aug 29th 2002, 9:16 am
  #2  
BE Enthusiast
 
Ginny's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Location: Scotland
Posts: 455
Ginny is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: things we won't miss

Originally posted by abergas:
Hi guys thought I would do a thread on what we won't miss,

I won't miss people asking if we have heard anything yet!!!!!

Or you must be really fed up of all this waiting!!!!!!!

OF COURSE WE ARE!!!!!!!

see ya Yve
Hi there,

We won't miss people saying "but I thought you guys were going to OZ", every time we do something!

We are going but that doesn't mean life at the moment has to go on hold.

Ginny.
:PARTY:
Ginny is offline  
Old Aug 29th 2002, 9:39 am
  #3  
Forum Regular
 
lizzie's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2002
Location: lancashire
Posts: 236
lizzie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: things we won't miss

Won't miss the local Council closing the swimming baths, the gymnastics club and the local ballroom for cost saving measures and then reading a quote in the local newspaper that they already provide "too many amenities" - gotta get me out of here!!!!

Lizzie
lizzie is offline  
Old Aug 29th 2002, 9:49 am
  #4  
Inverted Firkin Inventor
 
Watt Dabney's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Posts: 757
Watt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: things we won't miss

We won't miss our cramped, old, overlooked 3 bed semi (slight joke there as my daughters bedroom is so small you can not fit a regular size single bed in). We also won't miss the filth and grime eg dog shit everywhere, yesterday a puddle of vomit in our road, on trip to the local swimming pool urine and loo paper all over the floor of the very smelly loos and a dirty nappy wedged behind a heating pipe in the family changing room!
Need i say more?


Paula
Watt Dabney is offline  
Old Aug 29th 2002, 11:58 am
  #5  
BE Forum Addict
 
jopaulss's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2002
Location: From Worcestershire to Perth WA
Posts: 1,106
jopaulss will become famous soon enoughjopaulss will become famous soon enough
Default Re: things we won't miss

Originally posted by Watt Dabney:
We won't miss our cramped, old, overlooked 3 bed semi (slight joke there as my daughters bedroom is so small you can not fit a regular size single bed in). We also won't miss the filth and grime eg dog shit everywhere, yesterday a puddle of vomit in our road, on trip to the local swimming pool urine and loo paper all over the floor of the very smelly loos and a dirty nappy wedged behind a heating pipe in the family changing room!
Need i say more?


Paula
Ginny and paula
agree with both of your points. Every time i go into town people say arent you going now , yes i reply in october , oh yeah they reply , they dont believe us you know!!! We have the same problem with the dog mess, and in the field where my kids play theres normally used condoms too !!! But im sure we will get all these where ever we go , just educate the kids well , oh how disgusting .Paula must be a worcetershire thing eh !! Where you heading ?
Joanne
jopaulss is offline  
Old Aug 29th 2002, 12:10 pm
  #6  
Inverted Firkin Inventor
 
Watt Dabney's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Posts: 757
Watt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: things we won't miss

Originally posted by jopaulss:

Ginny and paula
agree with both of your points. Every time i go into town people say arent you going now , yes i reply in october , oh yeah they reply , they dont believe us you know!!! We have the same problem with the dog mess, and in the field where my kids play theres normally used condoms too !!! But im sure we will get all these where ever we go , just educate the kids well , oh how disgusting .Paula must be a worcetershire thing eh !! Where you heading ?
Joanne
Joanne,

We are heading to Christchurch NZ leaving behind shitty Kidderminster, you?
Also won't miss the fact that my kids primary school has got no playing fields because they sold them to build houses on. They have got a small playground though but with no climbing frames because they get vandalised!

Paula
Watt Dabney is offline  
Old Aug 29th 2002, 12:22 pm
  #7  
BE Forum Addict
 
jopaulss's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2002
Location: From Worcestershire to Perth WA
Posts: 1,106
jopaulss will become famous soon enoughjopaulss will become famous soon enough
Default Re: things we won't miss

Originally posted by Watt Dabney:


Joanne,

We are heading to Christchurch NZ leaving behind shitty Kidderminster, you?
Also won't miss the fact that my kids primary school has got no playing fields because they sold them to build houses on. They have got a small playground though but with no climbing frames because they get vandalised!

Paula
Hi Paula
We are heading to perth australia in october , shame you are going elsewhere , but could keep in touch if you want ? We are near evesham worcs!!!! Looking forward to a real change.
Sorry abergas will leave this thread alone now !! Keep in touch paula .
Joanne
jopaulss is offline  
Old Aug 29th 2002, 1:28 pm
  #8  
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
abergas's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Location: Port Kennedy WA
Posts: 556
abergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud of
Default Re: things we won't miss

Thanks for replies, seems we all feel the same, I know we will have things that get to us in Oz, but having all that open space, the pool, sunshine is good theraphy,
chin up while we are waiting!!!!!!!!!


Yve
abergas is offline  
Old Aug 29th 2002, 7:45 pm
  #9  
BE Enthusiast
 
ywoods's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2002
Location: London
Posts: 603
ywoods is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: things we won't miss

What I wont miss...... I dont know til I get there to be honest, I could list a whole loada stuff now, but I think that I will probably cause a stir so might forego this one

Yvonne

16 days til we leave, 18 til we arrive. WATCH OUT MELBOURNE

Originally posted by abergas:
Thanks for replies, seems we all feel the same, I know we will have things that get to us in Oz, but having all that open space, the pool, sunshine is good theraphy,
chin up while we are waiting!!!!!!!!!


Yve
ywoods is offline  
Old Aug 30th 2002, 7:50 am
  #10  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Jul 2002
Location: Adelaide
Posts: 322
Juls is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: things we won't miss

Originally posted by abergas:
Hi guys thought I would do a thread on what we won't miss,

I won't miss people asking if we have heard anything yet!!!!!

Or you must be really fed up of all this waiting!!!!!!!

OF COURSE WE ARE!!!!!!!

see ya Yve
I difinately won't miss people saying to me what da wanna go there for ?? (in a very jealous sort of way)
I just reply because we do !!!

On the other hand there are those who do say don't blame you.

Julie x

(Adelaide by 2003)
Juls is offline  
Old Aug 30th 2002, 3:33 pm
  #11  
Forum Regular
 
max kilby's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Location: South Australia
Posts: 108
max kilby is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: things we won't miss

Originally posted by abergas:
Hi guys thought I would do a thread on what we won't miss,

I won't miss people asking if we have heard anything yet!!!!!

Or you must be really fed up of all this waiting!!!!!!!

OF COURSE WE ARE!!!!!!!

see ya Yve
I won't miss my mother in law.....
max kilby is offline  
Old Aug 30th 2002, 3:40 pm
  #12  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Mar 2002
Location: West Midlands
Posts: 97
bsftaylorm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: things we won't miss

I won't miss everybody at work saying 'G'Day Cobber' in a very poor Australian accent, and laughing, as though they are sooooooooooo original!

Also won't miss people saying 'But won't your mom be upset?' - of course she'll be ******* upset, but we're doing it for our kids.

Mark
bsftaylorm is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.