British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   things we won't miss (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/things-we-wont-miss-107840/)

abergas Aug 29th 2002 9:05 am

things we won't miss

Hi guys thought I would do a thread on what we won't miss,

I won't miss people asking if we have heard anything yet!!!!!

Or you must be really fed up of all this waiting!!!!!!!

OF COURSE WE ARE!!!!!!!

see ya Yve

Ginny Aug 29th 2002 9:16 am

Re: things we won't miss

Originally posted by abergas:

OF COURSE WE ARE!!!!!!!

see ya Yve
Hi there,

We won't miss people saying "but I thought you guys were going to OZ", every time we do something!

We are going but that doesn't mean life at the moment has to go on hold.

Ginny.
:PARTY:

lizzie Aug 29th 2002 9:39 am

Won't miss the local Council closing the swimming baths, the gymnastics club and the local ballroom for cost saving measures and then reading a quote in the local newspaper that they already provide "too many amenities" - gotta get me out of here!!!!

Lizzie:mad:

Watt Dabney Aug 29th 2002 9:49 am

We won't miss our cramped, old, overlooked 3 bed semi (slight joke there as my daughters bedroom is so small you can not fit a regular size single bed in). We also won't miss the filth and grime eg dog shit everywhere, yesterday a puddle of vomit in our road, on trip to the local swimming pool urine and loo paper all over the floor of the very smelly loos and a dirty nappy wedged behind a heating pipe in the family changing room!
Need i say more?

Paula

jopaulss Aug 29th 2002 11:58 am

Originally posted by Watt Dabney:
We won't miss our cramped, old, overlooked 3 bed semi (slight joke there as my daughters bedroom is so small you can not fit a regular size single bed in). We also won't miss the filth and grime eg dog shit everywhere, yesterday a puddle of vomit in our road, on trip to the local swimming pool urine and loo paper all over the floor of the very smelly loos and a dirty nappy wedged behind a heating pipe in the family changing room!
Need i say more?

Paula
Ginny and paula
agree with both of your points. Every time i go into town people say arent you going now , yes i reply in october , oh yeah they reply , they dont believe us you know!!! We have the same problem with the dog mess, and in the field where my kids play theres normally used condoms too !!! But im sure we will get all these where ever we go , just educate the kids well , oh how disgusting .Paula must be a worcetershire thing eh !! Where you heading ?
Joanne

Watt Dabney Aug 29th 2002 12:10 pm

Originally posted by jopaulss:

Ginny and paula
agree with both of your points. Every time i go into town people say arent you going now , yes i reply in october , oh yeah they reply , they dont believe us you know!!! We have the same problem with the dog mess, and in the field where my kids play theres normally used condoms too !!! But im sure we will get all these where ever we go , just educate the kids well , oh how disgusting .Paula must be a worcetershire thing eh !! Where you heading ?
Joanne
Joanne,

We are heading to Christchurch NZ leaving behind shitty Kidderminster, you?
Also won't miss the fact that my kids primary school has got no playing fields because they sold them to build houses on. They have got a small playground though but with no climbing frames because they get vandalised!

Paula

jopaulss Aug 29th 2002 12:22 pm

Originally posted by Watt Dabney:

Joanne,

We are heading to Christchurch NZ leaving behind shitty Kidderminster, you?
Also won't miss the fact that my kids primary school has got no playing fields because they sold them to build houses on. They have got a small playground though but with no climbing frames because they get vandalised!

Paula
Hi Paula
We are heading to perth australia in october , shame you are going elsewhere , but could keep in touch if you want ? We are near evesham worcs!!!! Looking forward to a real change.
Sorry abergas will leave this thread alone now !! Keep in touch paula .
Joanne

abergas Aug 29th 2002 1:28 pm

Thanks for replies, seems we all feel the same, I know we will have things that get to us in Oz, but having all that open space, the pool, sunshine is good theraphy,
chin up while we are waiting!!!!!!!!!

Yve

ywoods Aug 29th 2002 7:45 pm

What I wont miss...... I dont know til I get there to be honest, I could list a whole loada stuff now, but I think that I will probably cause a stir so might forego this one :D

Yvonne :)

16 days til we leave, 18 til we arrive. WATCH OUT MELBOURNE

Thanks for replies, seems we all feel the same, I know we will have things that get to us in Oz, but having all that open space, the pool, sunshine is good theraphy,
chin up while we are waiting!!!!!!!!!

Yve

Juls Aug 30th 2002 7:50 am

OF COURSE WE ARE!!!!!!!

see ya Yve
I difinately won't miss people saying to me what da wanna go there for ?? (in a very jealous sort of way)
I just reply because we do !!!

On the other hand there are those who do say don't blame you.

Julie x

(Adelaide by 2003)

max kilby Aug 30th 2002 3:33 pm

OF COURSE WE ARE!!!!!!!

see ya Yve
I won't miss my mother in law.....:D

bsftaylorm Aug 30th 2002 3:40 pm

I won't miss everybody at work saying 'G'Day Cobber' in a very poor Australian accent, and laughing, as though they are sooooooooooo original!

Also won't miss people saying 'But won't your mom be upset?' - of course she'll be ******* upset, but we're doing it for our kids.

Mark