Reload this Page >

Things we cant take with us

Things we cant take with us

Old Nov 23rd 2003, 7:26 pm
Forum Regular

philj6969 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Things we cant take with us

Hi all

I had a visit from the pickfords man friday, quote is in the post.

I wanted to bring my fairly new Delonghi oil filled radiator (posh one, with a clock on) but I was told that it would be a fire hazard in the container, not allowed.

My dad bought his Nissan Navara pickup (ute)over in a container, no problem with that.

I forgot to ask the pickfords guy about a diesel generator I am planning to buy, it will be crated and not have any fuel in, does anyone have any knowledge about shipping this sort of item?

I will ask the movers tomorrow & let you know.

Phil.

ps one more quote to come next week, I'll post the results here

Last edited by philj6969; Nov 23rd 2003 at 7:28 pm.
Old Nov 24th 2003, 5:02 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future
Default Re: Things we cant take with us

Hi philj6969,

what was the result of what you can / can't take?

Bye
Markeh
Old Nov 24th 2003, 5:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

claireg3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by philj6969
Hi all

I had a visit from the pickfords man friday, quote is in the post.

I wanted to bring my fairly new Delonghi oil filled radiator (posh one, with a clock on) but I was told that it would be a fire hazard in the container, not allowed.

My dad bought his Nissan Navara pickup (ute)over in a container, no problem with that.

I forgot to ask the pickfords guy about a diesel generator I am planning to buy, it will be crated and not have any fuel in, does anyone have any knowledge about shipping this sort of item?

I will ask the movers tomorrow & let you know.

Phil.

ps one more quote to come next week, I'll post the results here
We were told we could take our delonghi radiator with us.

Claire
Old Nov 24th 2003, 6:11 pm
Forum Regular

philj6969 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by markeh
Hi philj6969,

what was the result of what you can / can't take?

Bye
Markeh

Hi

The generator will be ok as long as there is no fuel in and it is boxed/crated, although it has been pointed out to me that GST will be charged on it at %10, I will be able to reclaim VAT at %17.5

Phil
Old Nov 24th 2003, 7:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by philj6969
Hi

The generator will be ok as long as there is no fuel in and it is boxed/crated, although it has been pointed out to me that GST will be charged on it at %10, I will be able to reclaim VAT at %17.5

Phil
You may need to pay import duty as well as GST. Rates vary so you would have to check the customs website. SOme items are exempt from import duty, and it all depends on whether customs spots them!