Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Things u never used you chucked out B4 going to OZ

Things u never used you chucked out B4 going to OZ

Old May 3rd 2006, 10:32 pm
Live it not dream it!!

happy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of light
Default Things u never used you chucked out B4 going to OZ

I was having a clear out and found an ice cream maker I bought a few years ago and thought, I wonder how many people chuck out stuff they never used before going to OZ.

How many people chucked out that dusty exercise bike that sat in the corner of the garage for 5 years after only using it once, after buying it of the telly because the girl selling it was really fit.

What stuff have you chucked out you used only once or never?

That includes the stuff under your bed you hoped the kids would never find :scared:
Old May 4th 2006, 9:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Things u never used you chucked out B4 going to OZ

Originally Posted by happy chappy
I was having a clear out and found an ice cream maker I bought a few years ago and thought, I wonder how many people chuck out stuff they never used before going to OZ.

How many people chucked out that dusty exercise bike that sat in the corner of the garage for 5 years after only using it once, after buying it of the telly because the girl selling it was really fit.

That includes the stuff under your bed you hoped the kids would never find :scared:

We are just starting to declutter, so far hubbys rusty weights from god knows when, stepper with elastic things you pull as you step bought 10 years ago and used once. (i go to a gym so dont need them)
Just found hubbys mags in the shed !! ive shreaded them dont want the bin men seeing them LOL
Mandy
Old May 4th 2006, 9:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Britishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond repute

We had a clear out some time ago and got rid of all the baby stuff in the loft that we no longer used (cot, pram, pushchair, stairgate, some toys etc). Then we had another baby so had to buy it all again. Ok we'd used the stuff quite a bit, but so much for de-cluttering. However, we did get rid of the slow cooker, the pressure cooker, the deep fat fryer and the breville toasted sandwich maker. Hardly ever used them.
Old May 4th 2006, 10:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Everything has either gone or is going. :scared:

I'm even going to buy us all new clothes
Old May 4th 2006, 10:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WendyC

Good on you, I'm trying to get oh in to that way of thinking ,new life new clothes. Talking of clothes are their sizes the same as ours ?
Mandy
Old May 4th 2006, 11:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by geordie mandy
Good on you, I'm trying to get oh in to that way of thinking ,new life new clothes. Talking of clothes are their sizes the same as ours ?
Mandy

I don't know. I think not, but could be wrong.
Old May 4th 2006, 11:13 am
BE Forum Addict

DebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by geordie mandy
Mandy
not sure if this helps....

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=332527
Old May 4th 2006, 12:36 pm
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

My wifes hairdryer was on its last legs so we bought a new one with 4 weeks to go. Guess what I threw out on last trip to the tip?

But we still managed to pack the old one.

We donated a lot of things to our daughters nursery.

Threw a lot of our clothes in transit (saved washing them )
But somehow we accumulated more suitcases with shopping???? Trust me to let the wife loose with my credit card in Italy

Kiwi
Old May 4th 2006, 12:50 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

Suncream. It was a big mistake. Wish I had of kept it now
Old May 4th 2006, 12:56 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

I did think twice about chuckin hubby out....but we were comin on his skills so I had to bring him.....bugger

Only thing under my bed was overused and yes came with me lmao
Old May 4th 2006, 2:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

kellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know. I think not, but could be wrong.
I didn't find a problem with clothes but shoes on the other hand.....being a size 8 , I found it really difficult to find anything remotely non granny like with the exception of thongy ones! :scared:
Old May 4th 2006, 2:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

I suggest leaving one set to wear on the plane.

Sizes are one size smaller, so a 16 here is really a UK 18 (or so say vary wildly suggest try everything) and shoes are about 2 sizes different. But hey its good to drop a size when you step off the plane.

Jo
Old May 4th 2006, 5:55 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by joho
But hey its good to drop a size when you step off the plane.

Jo
pmsl Like your thinking
Old May 4th 2006, 6:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by joho
I suggest leaving one set to wear on the plane.

Sizes are one size smaller, so a 16 here is really a UK 18 (or so say vary wildly suggest try everything) and shoes are about 2 sizes different. But hey its good to drop a size when you step off the plane.

Jo

I'm going to buy them all here before we go
Old May 4th 2006, 6:40 pm
An Official Visa Holder

toon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond repute

I recently cleared out the kitchen cupboards, trying to have a "blitz" and found the Fondue set given as a wedding present 4 years ago, still in the box and all wrapped in that plastic stuff!!

I would have NO idea what to cook in it or how to!! And to be honest no interest, think it might stem from the fact it was the sister in law that gave it to us and we didnt like her to much then NOW I would love to put her IN the bloody Fondue and cook her, and then just prod her with those silly little fork things that come with it!!

PS This is the first and last Cannibalism & violent tendancy I have had!! I promise!!!!! Especially if you are my case officer reading this!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.