Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Things are progressing...

Things are progressing...

Old Sep 24th 2007, 5:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of light
Default Things are progressing...

Hi all, just thought I'd update despite not being on here very much

OH and I now have a case officer who requested the police checks and medicals. We have our meds tomorrow, although I did my wee test last week and passed.

Our police checks were sent to Aus on the weekend via email.

House has been on market for nearly three weeks and noooooo viewersalthough what can you expect when you haven't got a board up front??!!!

Initially we didn't want a board up as OH works literally 30 secs down the road (a main road) and his boss drives past every day. OH didn't really want any questions asked. After a week of "supposedly being on the market" but not being on the internet,(website probs apparently, we aren't on one of them at the moment) we decided to go for it and get a board up. Were meant to be getting one at the latest last Weds, but after contacting the EA again... :curse: we were told it would be the beginning of this week.

The property market has slowed round by us and this has really grumped me up, of course it would have to happen now, when we need to sell (as do most of us on here). Hopefully once this board is up we will get some interest as we have been told we have put it on for a reasonable price. If we don't sell by the end of Oct, we can basically write if off until next year....with the meds staying in Sydney so long at present, can't see things moving until next April at the best . And there was silly me thinking we would be out Feb 08.

I am tempted to go on about how s*** scared I am that the market is going to crash, we won't be able to sell our house, blah blah blah, but I shan't be negative....there's enough of that everywhere thank you very much. I wish I'd listened to other people who recommended that we put the house on back in the summer, but hey ho.

Anywhooooo, that's where we are now!

Sparky Wife