Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The things people leave behind

The things people leave behind

Old Sep 4th 2004, 1:29 pm
Badge

Default The things people leave behind

We went up to the new house with a fair few things today

sunny day here - view as you approach our house a real ripper...we're on the end of a road along a ridge line...bloody idyllic ..with views over the Harkaway valley.

previous owners too busy - they run the local pub - to clear out our shed/house...when we said 'when do you finish clearing', paid me 25 bucks to take their gear to the skip - I have a ute so it is easy...2nd thoughts won't bother - inventoryfrom memory)

1) BBQ
2) harpoon gun
3) axe
4) splitter
5) double bed * 2 (one good enough to use, one not)
6) pool chemicals
7) rakes * 2
8) crowbar
9) safety goggles
10) pool equipment
11) spare pump for pool which heats it
12) wheelbarrow
13) bucket and 20 litre water barrel
14) shears

not bad really..!

BM

Old Sep 4th 2004, 1:39 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The things people leave behind

Originally Posted by Badge

sunny day here - view as you approach our house a real ripper...we're on the end of a road along a ridge line...bloody idyllic ..with views over the Harkaway valley.

previous owners too busy - they run the local pub - to clear out our shed/house...when we said 'when do you finish clearing', paid me 25 bucks to take their gear to the skip - I have a ute so it is easy...2nd thoughts won't bother - inventoryfrom memory)

1) BBQ
2) harpoon gun
3) axe
4) splitter
6) pool chemicals
7) rakes * 2
8) crowbar
9) safety goggles
10) pool equipment
12) wheelbarrow
14) shears

not bad really..!

BM
Can I borrow the bed (the one not good enough to use)
as I have the Mother In Law coming over..... :scared:
Old Sep 4th 2004, 1:42 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

...we're on the end of a road along a ridge line...bloody idyllic ..with views over the Harkaway valley.
shite, you can't see my house can you??

PS when you bob up and down, whats that thing that appears between your legs
Old Sep 4th 2004, 1:44 pm
Badge

Originally Posted by hevs
shite, you can't see my house can you??

PS when you bob up and down, whats that thing that appears between your legs
bloody hell now you mention it, I do appear to have what can only be described as a fair old package..

Old Sep 4th 2004, 1:48 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

LOL! Now i know why Mrs B puts up with your witterings
Old Sep 4th 2004, 1:54 pm
Badge

we couldn't afford the views overlooking your house me old mucker...

Old Sep 4th 2004, 1:56 pm
High in the Dandenongs

Nor could we!! Thats why the posh folk get our povo house as their view. Ha!! there is a god
Old Sep 4th 2004, 2:00 pm
Badge

Originally Posted by Siren
Can I borrow the bed (the one not good enough to use)
as I have the Mother In Law coming over..... :scared:
rightyo
- oh! - ....and a lawn mower (not too confident on this one)!!!

Old Sep 5th 2004, 8:07 am
99.99999% there !

EssexNobby is an unknown quantity at this point

Along the same kind of lines...

We bought our house 7 years ago from on old dear, she must have been in her 80's and had been living alone since her husband had died some years beforehand. She was a gentle old soul, all wolly jumpers and blue rinse hair.

Anyway, just this year I decided to redo our bedroom. First job was to get rid of the old brown shagpile carpet, a remnant from the 1970's. It all lifted up okay apart from the last couple of inches which were wedged underneath the wardrobes. I pulled one corner of the carpet for all I was worth when a collection of items shot past me from underneath the cupboard and came to rest on the other side of the room.

Brushing off 7 years worth of dust revealed the following :-

> 7 inch toy
> 10 inch toy
> some kind of ring device ???
> chinese eggs connected by piece of string

That 80 year old dear sure knew how to party !
Old Sep 5th 2004, 8:38 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

lol!

My dad was a builder. A year or so after we migrated to Perth he was renovating a house, and under the old carpet he found Krommenie linoleum, which is the factory in the town of Krommenie in Holland, where we lived before we migrated! What was dutch linoleum doing in a house in Perth???!!!

There's all sorts of junk in our shed at this rental house. A table, drying rack, wood and someother crap. Good thing we don't need to use it!
Full of spiders and webs too.
Old Sep 5th 2004, 9:53 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

bloody hell now you mention it, I do appear to have what can only be described as a fair old package..

So its Badger the Tadger now.
Old Sep 5th 2004, 10:03 am
Back in Brisbane!

fimart is an unknown quantity at this point

1) BBQ
2) harpoon gun
3) axe
4) splitter
6) pool chemicals
7) rakes * 2
8) crowbar
9) safety goggles
10) pool equipment
12) wheelbarrow
14) shears

not bad really..!

BM
I don't know how much of this is urban legend but a woman in an antiques shop was telling us about a couple who bought a rundown house in Maryborough as a deceased estate and the children of the old dear couldn't be bothered clearing away these massive piles of newspapers. Anyway apparently as the new owners were going through the pile they found $25,000! Probably a myth but intersting any way
Old Sep 5th 2004, 10:50 am
jib
BE Enthusiast

jib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nicejib is just really nice

Originally Posted by EssexNobby
Along the same kind of lines...

We bought our house 7 years ago from on old dear, she must have been in her 80's and had been living alone since her husband had died some years beforehand. She was a gentle old soul, all wolly jumpers and blue rinse hair.

Anyway, just this year I decided to redo our bedroom. First job was to get rid of the old brown shagpile carpet, a remnant from the 1970's. It all lifted up okay apart from the last couple of inches which were wedged underneath the wardrobes. I pulled one corner of the carpet for all I was worth when a collection of items shot past me from underneath the cupboard and came to rest on the other side of the room.

Brushing off 7 years worth of dust revealed the following :-

> 7 inch toy
> 10 inch toy
> some kind of ring device ???
> chinese eggs connected by piece of string

That 80 year old dear sure knew how to party !

Did her husband die with a smile on he's face

jib
Old Sep 5th 2004, 12:54 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fimart
I don't know how much of this is urban legend but a woman in an antiques shop was telling us about a couple who bought a rundown house in Maryborough as a deceased estate and the children of the old dear couldn't be bothered clearing away these massive piles of newspapers. Anyway apparently as the new owners were going through the pile they found $25,000! Probably a myth but intersting any way
My (dead) granny kept about 5000 quid hidden in various places about her house, inside newspapers, rolled up carpets, junk etc. She wasn't particularly rich, just distrusted banks. When she went into hospital she was coherent enough to tell my mother where to find it, but you never know whether you got it all, do you?