Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Things not to be missed in HONG KONG! Stopover in 25 days!

Things not to be missed in HONG KONG! Stopover in 25 days!

Old Sep 30th 2005, 10:33 am
BE Forum Addict

ali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant future
Default Things not to be missed in HONG KONG! Stopover in 25 days!

Well it is 11.32am and I am at work doing nothing but reading threads on this forum again!
If you have been to Hong Kong can you please let me know things we must not fail to do or see. We have three nights and four days booked from 25th October.
Thanks
Tara
Old Sep 30th 2005, 10:43 am
BE Enthusiast

pootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Things not to be missed in HONG KONG! Stopover in 25 days!

the fireworks & the light show on the buildings on the harbour at nightime are really good

the kids enjoyed the markets with all the gameboy games

the peak is not to be missed - the tram ride is awsome

erm cant think of anything else off the top of my head

its been a long day!

hth
pootle26
Old Sep 30th 2005, 10:43 am
BE Enthusiast

clanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ali south
Well it is 11.32am and I am at work doing nothing but reading threads on this forum again!
If you have been to Hong Kong can you please let me know things we must not fail to do or see. We have three nights and four days booked from 25th October.
Thanks
Tara
Sorry this has nothing to do with your question, but i would just like to hi as i am also called Tara and you don't see it very often!
Tara
Old Sep 30th 2005, 10:45 am
BE Enthusiast

pootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant future

this website is good for info

http://www.discoverhongkong.com/login.html

hth

pootle26
Old Sep 30th 2005, 10:49 am
BE Forum Addict

ali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by pootle26
this website is good for info

http://www.discoverhongkong.com/login.html

hth

pootle26
thank you for your response despite your long hard day
Old Sep 30th 2005, 12:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by clanwylie
Sorry this has nothing to do with your question, but i would just like to hi as i am also called Tara and you don't see it very often!
Tara
Dear Tara
are you of Irish descent? I went to a catholic school there were three girls called Tara in my class.
Tara
Old Sep 30th 2005, 12:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

clanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ali south
Dear Tara
are you of Irish descent? I went to a catholic school there were three girls called Tara in my class.
Tara
Did go to a catholic school...not of Irish decent! mother saw Gone with the Wind and hence....I am now Tara
Old Sep 30th 2005, 1:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by clanwylie
Did go to a catholic school...not of Irish decent! mother saw Gone with the Wind and hence....I am now Tara
My maiden name was King
so
Tara King of the Avengers used to get mentioned to me all the time when I worked as a chashier in a bank
fortunately I am too young to remember the Avengers
Tara
Old Sep 30th 2005, 4:03 pm
Forum Regular

Daka is an unknown quantity at this point

Ride the Star ferry from mainland to Hong Kong island.
Tram rides around the island.
Eating from street vendors if you dare !
Stanley market

and of course HK Disneyland is now open!!?
Old Sep 30th 2005, 9:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

wongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nice

Well, you already had

Visit the Peak (would recommend a daytime and a nightime trip), use the cable car to to up and down.
Disneyland

Add to that
    Old Sep 30th 2005, 9:59 pm
    BE Forum Addict

thank you to everyone who has replied
    x