Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Things that are good for the soul

Things that are good for the soul

Old Oct 16th 2004, 7:38 am
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Things that are good for the soul

....a damn good laugh with your mates
Old Oct 16th 2004, 8:00 am
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

1. Snuggled up under the quilt with my niece cuddled up to one side and my nephew the other and listening to them laugh at the Simpsons....I have missed them so much.......But I can cuddle them anytime I want now that I am home....

2. Seeing the proud smile on my Hubby's face when he got offered his job here in Oz after only being in the Country for 4 days.....
Old Oct 16th 2004, 9:47 am

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by windsurfer uk
Have been on call for the best part of 20 yrs (lift engineer) had my fill of it now. My wife says if I take a similar job in OZ she will divorce me!.........so there is an up side to it!
Fancy a change anyway,not my wife,my career!
Regards windsurfer uk

My pop is a lift engineer!! has been for 45 years!! who do you work for mate!!
Old Oct 16th 2004, 12:46 pm
Forum Regular

windsurfer uk is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by madsad
My pop is a lift engineer!! has been for 45 years!! who do you work for mate!!
Dont really want to say at the minute as have not told work yet and believe me its a small world in the lift game,also my history file says I am from Doncaster which narrows it down a bit?
You will know all about your dad going out at night on call then? My dad is also a lift engineer,he loves it,I loathe it. In fact he is still working at 67 much to my dismay,he was an apprentice with express lifts in Northampton round about the time your dad was doing his apprenticeship.
In the past have worked for express,kone and stannah (the stairlift people, how I miss the steady "clump,clump,clump",of an orthopedic boot coming to the front door when I rang the front door bell)
Cheers! Windsurfer uk
Old Oct 16th 2004, 2:01 pm
Go Banana's !!

Originally Posted by artep
....a damn good laugh with your mates

AND I TOTALLY SECOND THAT

My soul must be very fit and healthy after yesterday!!!

Jill