British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Things that are good for the soul (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/things-good-soul-260415/)

madsad Oct 15th 2004 9:29 pm

Things that are good for the soul

Glencoe In Scotland

Peace & Quiet

Good Food & Wine

Please feel free to add!! ;) :)

madsad Oct 15th 2004 9:33 pm

Re: Things that are good for the soul

Originally Posted by madsad
Glencoe In Scotland

Peace & Quiet

Good Food & Wine

Hubby has had a few :D
Donna.

DollyDaydream Oct 15th 2004 9:33 pm

Glencoe In Scotland

Peace & Quiet

Good Food & Wine

Beautiful part of Scotland is Glencoe. Stunning scenery.

I'd plump for sunning myself on a beach in Kerkennah (small island off Tunisia). Not many people so you feel that you're the only one there.

D D

windsurfer uk Oct 15th 2004 9:39 pm

Glencoe In Scotland

Peace & Quiet

Good Food & Wine

Jamesons whiskey,in fact I am drinking it now,in fact I am supposed to be on call for my job,in fact I have hid my mobile under a cushion under the settee in the conservatory and will not look at it untill tommorow morning! Sod it will handing in my notice soon anyway. Usually quiet after 10.00pm ,not that rebellious really!

sula Oct 15th 2004 9:40 pm

Sunset at the Azure Window, Gozo.
Sula :)

Cheeky Oct 15th 2004 9:41 pm

Donna and DD

Well ya cant get rid of me that easily!!! ( I can hear you groaning!!!) but we went to Scotland in Aug this year and we loved it!! So beautiful!!

Stayed near Spean Bridge. Then went up to Elgin as this is were my Grandad was from, so I visited were he was born/grew up!! Also visited a distillary (why not) and sampled some whiskeys (although its not my tipple but the smell is so gorgeus, its like baking bread!!!). :)

Cheeky!! :)

wmoore Oct 15th 2004 9:44 pm

Originally Posted by windsurfer uk
Jamesons whiskey,in fact I am drinking it now,in fact I am supposed to be on call for my job,in fact I have hid my mobile under a cushion under the settee in the conservatory and will not look at it untill tommorow morning! Sod it will handing in my notice soon anyway. Usually quiet after 10.00pm ,not that rebellious really!

I'll drink to that. I'm also on call and also drinking whisky (Teachers). Cheers :D

marysidey Oct 15th 2004 9:45 pm

Originally Posted by sula
Sunset at the Azure Window, Gozo.
Sula :)

Laughter

watching kittens playing
silence interupted only by a bird singing
:)

DollyDaydream Oct 15th 2004 9:45 pm

Originally Posted by Cheeky
Donna and DD

Well ya cant get rid of me that easily!!! ( I can hear you groaning!!!) but we went to Scotland in Aug this year and we loved it!! So beautiful!!

Stayed near Spean Bridge. Then went up to Elgin as this is were my Grandad was from, so I visited were he was born/grew up!! Also visited a distillary (why not) and sampled some whiskeys (although its not my tipple but the smell is so gorgeus, its like baking bread!!!). :)

Cheeky!! :)

We go once a year to Scotland (passed through Elgin on the way back from a trip to Aberdeen). We always stay at a place called Aldourie which is between Dores and Inverness. The house has it's own grounds and we can walk down to the Ness River which then runs into the Loch. I'll really miss not going there.

D D

Cheeky Oct 15th 2004 10:03 pm

DD

Isnt Elgin so lovely?? I fell in love with it straight away!! Maybe its cos I have had ancesters who once lived there, I dunno, but I really liked it!! We sat in the square eating ice creams.....it was so nice!! The people were so friendly as well. I love Scotland it is very scenic and it has something about it. Yeessss!!!!! (reality check!!) the MIDGIES!!!! :eek: Hated them I have to say!!! But that was the ONLY thing I didnt like!! :)

We also drove past good old Loch Ness and had our lunch there........in the rain........but hey I didnt know if we would be able to do it again so you got to make the most of it!!! :D

Cheeky!!!

Originally Posted by DollyDaydream
We go once a year to Scotland (passed through Elgin on the way back from a trip to Aberdeen). We always stay at a place called Aldourie which is between Dores and Inverness. The house has it's own grounds and we can walk down to the Ness River which then runs into the Loch. I'll really miss not going there.

D D

eatstatic Oct 16th 2004 12:12 am

Glencoe In Scotland

Peace & Quiet

Good Food & Wine

Seeing greedy house sellers have to slash their asking prices by 30-40%.

Bix Oct 16th 2004 12:33 am

Originally Posted by eatstatic
Seeing greedy house sellers have to slash their asking prices by 30-40%.

Slashing on MonkeyKongs head.
Watching it drip off his nose into the oral chasm.
Waiting to see how long it takes to cause spasm.

madsad Oct 16th 2004 12:41 am

Originally Posted by Bix
Slashing on MonkeyKongs head.
Watching it drip off his nose into the oral chasm.
Waiting to see how long it takes to cause spasm.

Good on ya Bix!! :D :) :D
Donna.

Athena Oct 16th 2004 6:51 am

Sparsely cloudy skies (there's no greater painter than God...).

The sea.

Mozart's music.

Certain "perfect" moments, when everything seems to be the right thing, in the right place, at the right moment :)

windsurfer uk Oct 16th 2004 7:32 am

Originally Posted by wmoore
I'll drink to that. I'm also on call and also drinking whisky (Teachers). Cheers :D

Have been on call for the best part of 20 yrs (lift engineer) had my fill of it now. My wife says if I take a similar job in OZ she will divorce me!.........so there is an up side to it!
Fancy a change anyway,not my wife,my career!
Regards windsurfer uk