Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Things to do with young kids?

Things to do with young kids?

Old Jul 15th 2007, 4:32 am
BE Enthusiast

PoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to behold
Default Things to do with young kids?

Hi there,

We are renting in Secret Harbour and so far enjoying the move to Oz.

I am looking for inspiration for things to do with our kids. Not that I am struggling to find things to do but just I am obviously new to WA and probably don't know all the great things it has to offer.

In our week have swimming and playgroup booked in which has been great. I love the people at our playgroup and swimming has been fun for both kids and me. So much easier than the UK because of the space and relaxed approach. Come home on a Saturday thinking "this is why we are here"

Our kids are 3 and 18 months so looking for things for this sort of age.

We have joined Perth Zoo.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

J
Old Jul 15th 2007, 5:08 am

julesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Things to do with young kids?

Originally Posted by PoppetUK
Hi there,

We are renting in Secret Harbour and so far enjoying the move to Oz.

I am looking for inspiration for things to do with our kids. Not that I am struggling to find things to do but just I am obviously new to WA and probably don't know all the great things it has to offer.

In our week have swimming and playgroup booked in which has been great. I love the people at our playgroup and swimming has been fun for both kids and me. So much easier than the UK because of the space and relaxed approach. Come home on a Saturday thinking "this is why we are here"

Our kids are 3 and 18 months so looking for things for this sort of age.

We have joined Perth Zoo.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

J
Hi J,

Have you tried Marapana wildlife park? It's a little unloved, but good for a day out petting the roos. There's also Peel Zoo on the way to Pinjara that's good for a day out.

There are a few indoor play centres around for when the weather's not too good; one in Mandurah and Rocky.

My kids still like the Mandurah foreshore for a play and an ice cream.

We're in Secret Harbour too and I'm trying to arrange a get-together if you fancy it! Have a look at http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=466038

There's loads more that we like doing; just taking a picnic and going down to Dawesville is nice. Have to visited the Miami Bakery yet in Falcon? YUM!

Jules x