Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Things to do when in Limbo-land

Things to do when in Limbo-land

Old Aug 30th 2005, 2:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Things to do when in Limbo-land

I'm slowly ticking off things I need to do just in case we get to the point of putting house on market to rent or sell and be ready to go... this waiting in Limbo game is getting harder.

sorted loft junk-tick
put things on ebay- tick
garden weeded and replanted to add colour-tick
house painted- tick
daughter taken GCSEs- tick - results good -tick
starting 6th form college this week, this one is triggering panics ( we are still here and not in OZ)
sent hubbys resume off to Oz boss a month ago- tick
no response to yet
(our time scale is still Jan 2006 so daughter can start new school term)
I'm starting to have panic attacks at the thought that we might not get the job to give us the RSMS or 457 visa .Need something sorted by October to get visas by Dec/Jan. karma needed, keep fingers crossed.

Done as much research as I can on suburbs, colleges, houses, etc
reading all the threads in case there's anything I'm missing!- read desperate here!

Anyone have any ideas of how to get over these next few weeks until we hear something.
Give me something to do to take my mind off jobs & visas!

helinuk
Old Aug 30th 2005, 5:28 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Things to do when in Limbo-land

Originally Posted by helinuk
I'm slowly ticking off things I need to do just in case we get to the point of putting house on market to rent or sell and be ready to go... this waiting in Limbo game is getting harder.

sorted loft junk-tick
put things on ebay- tick
house painted- tick
starting 6th form college this week, this one is triggering panics ( we are still here and not in OZ)
no response to yet
I'm starting to have panic attacks at the thought that we might not get the job to give us the RSMS or 457 visa .Need something sorted by October to get visas by Dec/Jan. karma needed, keep fingers crossed.

reading all the threads in case there's anything I'm missing!- read desperate here!

Anyone have any ideas of how to get over these next few weeks until we hear something.

helinuk
Watcha mate,

Well, you could spend a bit more time on here ( )....

Or, get a list together of all the places you would like to see before you go...

Or, we could do lunch more often....

Not much help, I know - but the last one's a good 'un!!

D D
Old Aug 30th 2005, 5:30 pm
Return of bouncing girl!

Wintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond repute

Yay! You're back!

Missed ya
Old Aug 30th 2005, 5:40 pm
BLC

sorted loft junk-tick
put things on ebay- tick
house painted- tick
no response to yet

helinuk
Been there and it is horrendous, seems to engulf every bone doesn't it

I think just keep focused on what you have to do to move forward but enjoy what you have now.

B

Old Aug 30th 2005, 5:45 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wintersong
Yay! You're back!

Missed ya
Aw, thanks babe,

Yep, did my time.....I'm now going to be a good little girl, not be frivolous, funny (yeah, I know that one's debatable!!!), dare to have an opinion that isn't the same as the mods, say yes and no everso politely and just be an all round jolly good egg (

D D
Old Aug 30th 2005, 7:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DollyDaydream
Watcha mate,

Well, you could spend a bit more time on here ( )....

Or, get a list together of all the places you would like to see before you go...

Or, we could do lunch more often....

Not much help, I know - but the last one's a good 'un!!

D D
oooh errr DDD Are we becoming one of those " ladies who lunch"?
Old Aug 30th 2005, 7:58 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

oooh errr DDD Are we becoming one of those " ladies who lunch"?
I would if we met more often.... Shameful, isn't it

D D
Old Aug 30th 2005, 9:02 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

sorted loft junk-tick
put things on ebay- tick
house painted- tick
no response to yet

helinuk
Hi - was thinking this over the other night re: start of school term. its feb they go back isnt it? i dont think we will make this which is a total bummer
Old Aug 30th 2005, 9:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by BLC
Been there and it is horrendous, seems to engulf every bone doesn't it

I think just keep focused on what you have to do to move forward but enjoy what you have now.

B
Yes I am trying to focus on my list of jobs, I get the panics every so often
because we can't go unless we get the job first, only then can we get the visa!
Every now and then like most people I need a bit of encouragement to be patient
Old Aug 30th 2005, 9:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Rooksie
Hi - was thinking this over the other night re: start of school term. its feb they go back isnt it? i dont think we will make this which is a total bummer
Yes exactly! I don't want to mess my daughter around any more than I have too. If she starts the AS level course I'll feel bad about taking her away after Christmas. And I'll feel so frustrated about having to delay moving to Oz another year or 2 ..i.e. letting her finish the course!
We need the job offer soon! Fingers crossed
Old Aug 31st 2005, 7:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

vikk will become famous soon enoughvikk will become famous soon enough

I used to sing 'Tie my Kangaroo down, sport' or 'Waltzing Matilda' at the top of my voice on my way to work when it was raining and I got really down. Sounds stupid but it honestly worked wonders.

By the way, I drive into work on my own. I really wouldn't recommend doing this on the train or bus. :scared:
Old Aug 31st 2005, 7:24 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by vikk
I used to sing 'Tie my Kangaroo down, sport' or 'Waltzing Matilda' at the top of my voice on my way to work when it was raining and I got really down. Sounds stupid but it honestly worked wonders.

By the way, I drive into work on my own. I really wouldn't recommend doing this on the train or bus. :scared:
And they still gave you a visa???? :scared: :scared: