Reload this Page >

Things to do and see Sydney/Brisbane

Things to do and see Sydney/Brisbane

Old Sep 21st 2005, 9:04 am
Forum Regular

Fuggle will become famous soon enoughFuggle will become famous soon enough
Default Things to do and see Sydney/Brisbane

Morning all,

Well after the all the hassles of this house selling business it looks like we are now on a visa validation trip for my visa instead of moving out there and getting on with life - the term "Dangling a carrot" is very close to how our current situation feels at the moment

The bright side is at least we get to go on the honeymoon we never had as we were saving for our move to Oz

We are planning to stop over in Hong Kong, then on into Sydney stay there for a few nights and then drive into Brisbane and do a revisit of where we intend to hopefully settle down.

So has anyone got any "Must see and do" Ideas (apart from the obvious ones) for Hong Kong, Sydney, the drive up to Brisbane, and in Brisbane that we may have missed the first time round?

Thanks for your help

Emma
Old Sep 21st 2005, 9:42 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Things to do and see Sydney/Brisbane

Originally Posted by Fuggle
Morning all,

Well after the all the hassles of this house selling business it looks like we are now on a visa validation trip for my visa instead of moving out there and getting on with life - the term "Dangling a carrot" is very close to how our current situation feels at the moment

The bright side is at least we get to go on the honeymoon we never had as we were saving for our move to Oz

We are planning to stop over in Hong Kong, then on into Sydney stay there for a few nights and then drive into Brisbane and do a revisit of where we intend to hopefully settle down.

So has anyone got any "Must see and do" Ideas (apart from the obvious ones) for Hong Kong, Sydney, the drive up to Brisbane, and in Brisbane that we may have missed the first time round?

Thanks for your help

Emma

we went to austalia zoo cracking day out

http://www.crocodilehunter.com/

regards
Old Sep 21st 2005, 10:24 am
BE Enthusiast

lawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud of

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=319650

not sure if i have posted the link properly but i posted this a while back about driving to Brisbane from sydney and places to stop on the way
Old Sep 21st 2005, 10:27 am
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute

Well, the obvious ones in Sydney are Bridgeclimb, Taronga Zoo, Blue Mountains, beaches (Manly and Palm Beach), and in Brisbane try Australia Zoo, Mt Cootha (great lookout over Brisbane), Southbank, Theme parks, Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary, Moreton Island and Tamborine Mountain.

Between Sydney and Brisbane we stayed at Port Macquarie and Byron Bay (most easterly point on Oz mainland). Apparently Yamba is nice too although didn't go there myself.

Julie
Old Sep 21st 2005, 10:36 am
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

was in HK for part our honeymoon - going up to the Peak, HK Park, the ferry over to Kowloon and park there.

Done the Syd to Bris drive taking a week to do a leisurely drive/stop over journey. For honeymoon a place we stayed at a place with views of Mt Warning (well we would have seen it the clouds had lifted!) I would recommend and the lady who comes over to do massages I would too recommend. (PM for details)

We had a walk through a rainforest not far from Bris, but had local friends to help out.
Old Sep 21st 2005, 10:41 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by lawlaw
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=319650

not sure if i have posted the link properly but i posted this a while back about driving to Brisbane from sydney and places to stop on the way

Thank you for that - will probably have to wait until the boss isnt around so that I can safely read it will forward that link to the man - he's doing the driving
Old Sep 21st 2005, 10:44 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by walaj
was in HK for part our honeymoon - going up to the Peak, HK Park, the ferry over to Kowloon and park there.

Done the Syd to Bris drive taking a week to do a leisurely drive/stop over journey. For honeymoon a place we stayed at a place with views of Mt Warning (well we would have seen it the clouds had lifted!) I would recommend and the lady who comes over to do massages I would too recommend. (PM for details)

We had a walk through a rainforest not far from Bris, but had local friends to help out.

Excellent - thanks for that...one question, I am a bit dim and dont know how to PM?
Old Sep 21st 2005, 11:09 am
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fuggle
Excellent - thanks for that...one question, I am a bit dim and dont know how to PM?
you should have a PM from me - see top RHS under where it says 'welcome Fuggle'
Old Sep 21st 2005, 12:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Steve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of light

Whilst in Brisbane go and feed the dolphins at Tangalooma!!

http://www.tangalooma.com/