Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sydney FTC - July

Sydney FTC - July

Old Jun 24th 2008, 11:40 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sydney FTC - July

Hello

A few of us got together at the weekend and decided not to organise a meet for the first Tuesday of the month (1st July) as the school hols will be virtually upon us. Instead, we are going to meet up on Monday 7th July so we need to decide on a suitable child friendly venue.

We have plenty of time so please start with suggestions. . . . .
Old Jun 26th 2008, 12:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Wilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud of
Default Re: Sydney FTC - July

Hi Binbird & FTC
Was going to post that we`ll be away touring the Red Centre and thus unable to grace FTC with our presence but Quantas are merrily cancelling flights as I type so..................fingers crossed.

Have fun whatever you do and we`d be up for a meet week begining 14th July
Old Jun 28th 2008, 4:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: UK 2 Singapore 2 Sydney 2 Brisbane.....here to stay!
Rudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by binbird
Hello

A few of us got together at the weekend and decided not to organise a meet for the first Tuesday of the month (1st July) as the school hols will be virtually upon us. Instead, we are going to meet up on Monday 7th July so we need to decide on a suitable child friendly venue.

We have plenty of time so please start with suggestions. . . . .
Hi Binbird

How are you? We just started our school hols here in Qld!

I've met a nice group of ladies who meet EVERY Tuesday for lunch - so it's like and every Tuesday club!!!

Life is going well up here and we've moved into our rental now - most of our stuff is here, but it's been a bit of a nightmare getting it here.....long story!

Anyway, take care, say hi to the rest of the FTCers from me.

Love

Rudi
x
Old Jun 29th 2008, 3:39 am
BE Enthusiast

yanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of light

Glad you're settling in well Rudi. Will catch up soon.

Binbird, I will be there with my tribe (wherever there may be!). Is the Flying Fox open again? Or I still haven't been to Putney Park as I was an English softie and went to Hoola's house instead last time! Not sure of any other places, but will have a think.

See you on the 7th.x
Old Jun 29th 2008, 9:42 am
22B
BE Enthusiast

22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future

If we are thinking of a park without coffee/food facilities, then why not think about a beach? (footie, sandcastles, picnic) If the weather holds, of course.....

I have recently been to Whale Beach and Palm Beach - both lovely, but probably WB is closer for the majority.

- 22B

P.S. For those of you thinking of previous FTC threads, I don't mind beaches in the winter, and boy seems to have forgotten his fear of sand!
Old Jun 30th 2008, 3:15 am
Forum Regular

SoMa is an unknown quantity at this point

Ahh won't be able to make that one.
Going to see Kung Foo Panda that day.....
Old Jun 30th 2008, 9:42 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

Hello all (and Rudi!)

Glad to see some of you at least will be around in the holidays. Just wanted to throw a couple more suggestions out in the open, though everything is weather dependent. Beaches are inclined to be a bit breezy so looking at a couple of "in-land" alternatives we could picnic at Bobbin Head Park where the play facilities will keep a large age range happy or there is a good park at Pymble which we have considered before - Bicentennial Park which would be an easy location for most just off Ryde Road. This again has a good mixture of play facilities and is not too much in the sticks that people could grab takeaway coffee etc on the way in.

Let's try and finalise this before Thursday so everyone knows what the plan is before the weekend.

By the way, saw Kung Fu Panda at the weekend - it's great!
Old Jun 30th 2008, 11:13 pm
Forum Regular

Ron the Pom is an unknown quantity at this point

I was going to suggest Bicentennial Park, it does have a coffee shop on sight (which is also featured in the Entertainment book) I think it is called Lilies on the Park. Having said that, I have not been to Bobbin Head so I am happy to try something new.
Old Jun 30th 2008, 11:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

yanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Ron the Pom
I was going to suggest Bicentennial Park, it does have a coffee shop on sight (which is also featured in the Entertainment book) I think it is called Lilies on the Park. Having said that, I have not been to Bobbin Head so I am happy to try something new.
That's the other Bicentennial Park at Olympic Park I think, which is maybe another option?
I'm pretty easy with any of them, although Bobbin Head gets my vote for being most local to me.
Old Jun 30th 2008, 11:42 pm
Forum Regular

Ron the Pom is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, I was meaning the one at Olympic Park, did not know there was another one.
Old Jun 30th 2008, 11:42 pm
Forum Regular

Jaidee is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok guys, will try to make this my FIRST FTC visit.....even if its not on a FT.....so guess I just need to stay tuned to figure out where to turn up eh???

Jaidee
Old Jul 1st 2008, 5:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Rosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to behold

Bobbin Head works for me too - my annual pass is up for renewal in a couple of weeks so I want to make the most of it! I personally would prefer not to schlep down to the Olympic Park unless there is something there other than the usual playground/cafe. The playground at Bicentennial Park, Pymble is nice, but there's no cafe there.
Old Jul 1st 2008, 10:48 pm
22B
BE Enthusiast

22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future

Bobbin Head is fine for me, but just to throw another (wet weather?) option in to the mix....... a while ago SoMa suggested The Galston Club, and I think I saw an advert for free kids food on Mondays and Tuesdays.....
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 1:08 am
BE Enthusiast

What are you talking about "wet weather option"? We all know it doesn't rain in Australia!
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 10:08 am
Mermaid

Hoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really nice

I'm in favour of Glaston Club too as it's got the playground. Just bear in mind the eatery doesn't open fr orders until noon, so morning coffees would be out in favour of lunch.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.